IDF AFVs? - Page 2

--

October 21st, 2004  
godofthunder9010

You wouldn't actually use 30mm gun on a rioting crowd ... well, unless they were really pissing you off and you were having a bad day. J/K

The important aspect is adaptability. Fine if you want to fully outfit a Bradley or equivalent as a riot suppressor, but its kindof a waste. I unno.
October 21st, 2004  
SHERMAN

the main problem is fighting with militia and terrorists...Also, Israel dose have regular armys around it...A 25 mm can be very usefull in some situations.
October 21st, 2004  
Marksman

well sherman man,from my opinion its probably cuz ISF doesnt need them
they have APC's and bulldogers which i particulary like
--
October 21st, 2004  
Kozzy Mozzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
MBT's are lovely and powerful, but tanks like the Bradley --- combining lots of capabilities into one single, highly adapable vehicle --- is going to be increasingly important as time goes on. I do find it VERY puzzling that IDF doen't have any.
The Bradley isn't a tank.
October 21st, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Well since someone already said AFV does quite fit, I wasn't sure what to call it. IFV? A thingy?
October 21st, 2004  
SHERMAN

The Bradly is a range of AFVs, depending on the diffrent weapons carryed. But the version relevant here is an IFV. Seriously though, imagin an Achzarit with a 25mm and a Tow launcher....
October 26th, 2004  
rocco

israel has a bit over 400 IFV's
http://www.israeli-weapons.com/vehicles_1948.html

i dont know if they are that important though... i mean every tank has a a commanders MG, a coaxial mg for infantry, and morter for dug in positions...

why would u need a 30 mm to kill a man, when a normal mg can do it?

*edit: AIVF's... IVF's are in the hundreds im sure...