Identifying my medal

MightyMacbeth

I am Honor
Hello :)

Well I have just started collecting medals. I have an antique medal from Austria. It must have been in the 19 or early 20th centuries. And I was wondering if anyone could help me with this one I got:

med1qc9.gif

beauty eh :cool:

What does the medal say on it? What does the other side look like? That might help.

That triangualr fold is typical of Prussian/Austrian (Austro-Hungarian Empire)WWI medals but that's just a shot in the dark.

Last edited:
Jubilee Cross 1848-1908
I think this is the medal with Austrian Emperor Franz Joseph's bust. The ribbon would change with the branch of service.

http://www.worldmedals.co.uk/For/F/F086.htm
Austrian Empire
F086 Jubilee Cross 1848-1908.
This cross is worn on different ribbons. Depending
which branch of the service the recipient was serving in.

Catalogue Value £12.00 - £18.00
Medal.jpg

Last edited:
yes exactly, it looks like what Missileer showed. And it says something like Joseph yes. And what about the branch?

Since yours is authentic and shows wear, it's hard to estimate it's value. A new one sells for about 35 USD. Please don't clean or polish it.

Jubilee Cross for court-servants (Jubiläums-Hofkreuz)
Instituted on the 20th of September 1908 (published on the 16th of November 1908 for all officials and servants of any branch of the court service. The cross was worn on a typical tri-fold 40 mm wide red ribbon with white edges. Similar to the court jubilee medals of 1898 the colour of the ribbon was not as bright as that used on the plain red ribbon above and was in fact the so-called "ponceaurot" which was also utilized as the ribbon of the Order of Leopold. This cross was awarded to all ranks, male and female, of the Ministerium des k.u.k. Hauses und des Äußeren (ministry for court and foreign affairs) who were on full time duty with a minimum of 3 years of service and over 21 years of age. To the court also belonged the members of the Hof-Theater and -Opera, the employees of the hunting grounds, those officials of the postal service who were employed at the court telegraph office, all those clergymen employed at any court churches or chapels and all members of the different lifeguards. For all those who were not on active duty on the 2nd of December 1908 the following rule applied: all officers, officer equivalent officials and priests who had 3 years of service during the period 1898 and 1908 could receive the cross - all non officer equivalent soldiers and servants only when they had left the court service after the 1st of December 1907. If the recipient had also qualified for the military cross or for the civilian cross, the award of the court cross was disallowed.
http://www.austro-hungarian-army.co.uk/JK1908.htm

Back