--

February 28th, 2006  
zander_0633

yeah!
March 22nd, 2006  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCombat
I was told that in China they don't have copyright laws so they just copy everyones designs.
Didn't you read Forrest Gump's link http://www.sinodefence.com/airforce/fighter/j10.asp ?

It says that China legally bought the Lavi design from Israel (which in turn was made with a great deal of US help)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56X45mm
No, that's bad. Becuase if you design something. They will take the design. Make millions of them, and put you out of business. Comminust Copying Copy Righted material is bad.
The US gave Israel the technology and money to build the Lavi and officially renounced any legal rights to the technology. Therefore Israel is legally allowed to sell it to whoever they want.

In fact it seems Israel is seeling quite a bit of US-designed technology to "the Chicoms", as you call them: http://www.nti.org/db/china/imisr.htm
March 22nd, 2006  
zander_0633

Well, nice one!
--
March 22nd, 2006  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Yup. "The enemy of my friend is not my enemy"
March 23rd, 2006  
zander_0633

great! that is the idea!
March 23rd, 2006  
ASTRALdragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56X45mm
No, that's bad. Becuase if you design something. They will take the design. Make millions of them, and put you out of business. Comminust Copying Copy Righted material is bad.
I read on CNN.com about a year ago that Microsoft either shut down its software firms in Asia or stopped selling software direct to Asian firms because piracy was so uncontrollably rampant. The Chinese government may say that they are against it and are "making every effort to stop piracy" but looking at the J-10, their "Hummer", and their new assault rifle (forgive me, I forgot its name but I believe it was supposed to be a combination of the FA-MAS and the M16-A1), they are benefitting from not enforcing international copyright laws. I know the J-10 plans were from a joint project between them and the Israelis but the Israelis ditched out and sold the plans to them due to American pressure, but that still makes the J-10 an American design because the US sold/gave Israel their planes and Israel builds upon those.
March 23rd, 2006  
zander_0633

Well, the Chinese are great! Give them something, they built them!
March 23rd, 2006  
mmarsh

5.56 made a comment earlier that I would like it comment on. I too noticed that the jeep said Hummer on the photo, but most likely it too is a fake.

Pirates in China will copy anything including Company logos to pass fakes over as the real McCoy. My sis is a journalist in the fashion industry, she was telling me not too long ago that on designer clothes the pirates will actually copy the way the stich is sown in the guinuine article. It used to be that fakes were just crass copies but like art theft it now it takes a bloody expert to tell a fake and a real apart. Its essentially cloning rather than copying...
March 24th, 2006  
zander_0633

Well, I went to China the other day and saw them selling LV wallets for RMB$50! It was a grade 1 immitation! And yet the police who saw it, just walked past the store!
March 24th, 2006  
ASTRALdragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zander_0633
Well, I went to China the other day and saw them selling LV wallets for RMB$50! It was a grade 1 immitation! And yet the police who saw it, just walked past the store!
Hahaha this reminds me of my summer vacation there like 5 years ago. I was shopping with my cousins around the streets of Shanghai and we were looking at this street vendor with a selection of really good Playstation games with this on-duty police officer (I think he was on-duty... he was wearing his uniform) next to us browsing through them too. We bought a good number of games (you can't beat 50 cents [USD] per game), but needless to say, they were all pirated (we were aware of this) and only about 6 of the 25 games we bought still function to this day.