Identification of Photo!

mmarsh said:
Reserve Officier Training Corps, its a program you can do in American university, think of it as part-time army training during college with a 2 year full time military service after you graduate. The + is that helps pay a big chunk of college tuition. My dad was U.S ARMY ROTC...

I'm not sure what the JROTC entails, perhaps somebody here can better inform you...
In most cases, ROTC will pay for 100% of your tuition (though you still have to pay for your room and board -- i.e., your housing and food). You go to civilian college like everyone else, but you also have extra military classes and some drill & ceremony.

JROTC is mainly a high-school/secondary school extracurricular activity, but many of the US services will give you credit if you enlist with JROTC time, and allow you to enlist at a slightly higher rank/paygrade.

haha! Well, in My country, the cadets do train with weapons and the best are often awarded with Shooting badges. Those elite soliders in the National CAdet Corps get to do Basic Airborne Course, Naval Diving Course and even get to part-take in Military Exercise in the FPDA

Some one introduce the term "para-military" training organization into the discussion.

Anyone remember the term "ROTC Nazi" (pronounced Rotzee Notzee) from the 60's?

Oh! is there such an organisation? I never heard of it!

btw, I my self was in a Uniform Group organisation in my country. I was in National Police Cadet Corps. We do lots of things wad the police do! And sometim even police work! WE also get those badges but those are purely based on merit! MOre info here www.npcc.gov.sg

That Pick is of Air Force Junior Reserve Officer Traning Corps. I know cause I wear the same uniform. It is the same as College ROTC but in high school. The "Mission" of JROTC is "to build better citizens for America" I love the program, if you can join it, do.They obviously have more than 100 cadets because the rank. You need a certain amount of people for higher ranks.

I have been in for a semester and have 5 ribbions. Dress & Appearance, Good Conduct, Attendence, Physical Fittness, and Drill Competition. Our drill team commander forgot his ADHD meds that day as well.

Here is a link to the ribbons
http://hcschools.org/hhs/extracurricular/afjrotc/images/ribbons.jpg

Last edited:
Back