Identification of military equipment, ident pic, post pic

texasrebel211

sorry for the lack of explanation in the thread title but there is a limit

someone identify the gun/tank/plane etc. in the post before them and then they post a pic and then it goes on and on :)

i'll start:
29006e3b.jpg

85679fda.jpg

1741ad18.jpg

hint: it is a Yugoslovian version of the T-72

chewie_nz said:
thats an m-84 i think?

quick question from a NOOB (ie me!) how do i post pic's like this?
you right click on the pic u find, press properties, copy the link, then when u post here click on "img" and then paste the link there

i'll go soon if u dont get one to keep it going, u have..... whenver the football game is over lol

Not the Ferret you say.
All righty then, I'm @ work so I can't roam the net freely in search of the name but I have a hunch on what that might be.
I'll just have to get home and check my books.
However it looks awfuly familiar to a family of British designed armored cars which came into existance in the '50's. I think. :roll:

About that Leo upgrade...no.
It's not even an upgrade.

SHERMAN said:
OF 40 from italy.
lol you are supposed to post a pic now! gotta keep the cycle going so i will

i'll throw out another easy one to keep it going so someone else can get a chance
57fecffa.jpg

think russia :p

That's a Finnish T-72.
There's insignia on the right hand side of the turret-just a little roundel but there it is.

And in the spirit of keeping it easy...
Trivia2.jpg

@sherman- posting a pic and keeping the game going is pretty much the point but since you are a moderator i guess you dont have to lol so i'll just post one for you

lol too easy r0k but i'll let someone else get it

@everyone else- it might be helpful to upload your images to photobucket and have the name changed so people can't look in properties, experience from another thread of this type in a diff forum :p

Sorry cancel my last thats an M1A1 Abrahams. I will submit a pic asap. Can I post pics of my own off disc and if so How?

Salient said:
Sorry cancel my last thats an M1A1 Abrahams. I will submit a pic asap. Can I post pics of my own off disc and if so How?
i donno on these forums if you can attach a pic from ur hard drive but if you go to http://img78.photobucket.com/ or some other free hosting site, you can upload photos and then link them from there- that is what i do

so hurry my good man :)

Salient said:

That's not an Abrams. ;) Try again.

well the clock ran out on the mystery "ferret" armoured car;

Rhino Heavy Armoured Car.

The need for a Heavy armoured car came about in the usual way of supply from Allied nations being unreliable at that time. A specification for a Armoured car with 30mm frontal armour and not less than 10mm on the sides, and armed with the then standard 2pdr antitank gun.
The chassis and engine were based on those by GMC of Canada. The hull was of welded flat plate. The driver was located centrally in the forward part of the hull. The fighting compartment was behind him which housed a three man crew. The turret ring was interesting as it was the same as that used on the Sentinel. The turret contained a 2pdr gun a Vickers MMG, as armament and had a No.19 radio set.
The engine compartment was at the rear and had louvers on the rear plate to aid cooling.
It seems that only two of these vehicles were built (pilot models) out of a initial order of 132. One chassis also seems to have been converted to a prototype armoured personnel carrier. Entry looks like it was over the sides of the vehicle. As there was problems with the weight going over the chassis limit and the soon to be readily available supply from over seas.

rhino.jpg

rhinoapc.jpg

Back