ID Cards

tomtom22

Chief Engineer
My husband, a U.S. Coast Guard pilot, was on an exchange tour with the Royal Navy in England. Everyone who drove through the base's gates was required to hold an official ID card up to the windshield for inspection by the guards. As a friendly competition, my husband's squadron started flashing different forms of ID, such as a driver's license, just to see how far they could go to fool the busy guards. The winner? The fellow who breezed past waving a piece of toast.

— Joke contributed to Readers Digest by Elizabeth M. Lange

my friend uses the green card holder that used to hold his IDF ID card to get passed security guards at public places. He just flashes it real quick. Inside is a blank piece of paper.

I.D. cards...oh yaz.

My favorite ID card was possessed by a training instructor while i was going through basic training at lackland AFB. We were told to scrutinise all cards carefully before letting anyone into a dormitory. So one day, the guard on our dormitory door looked at a T.I.s card and just about hacked up a lung laughing so hard. a few of us near the door went over to see what was wrong. Well, the T.I.s card had a water mark picture of two cartoon eagles humping each other instead of the national eagle with spread wings in the center of his card. needless to say, he didnt get in. even when he roared and pounded on the door, he didnt get in.

i still wonder to this day where he had it made. :lol:

On the way back from the USA in 1971 we called at Pearl Harbour. Returning from a night on the town I flashed my ID to the Marine on duty at the main gate only to realise as soon as I had, that I had unintentionally shown my Disneyland Golden Key Pass.

I guess they were not really familiar with Aussie ID cards.

On the way back from the USA in 1971 we called at Pearl Harbour. Returning from a night on the town I flashed my ID to the Marine on duty at the main gate only to realise as soon as I had, that I had unintentionally shown my Disneyland Golden Key Pass.

I guess they were not really familiar with Aussie ID cards.

Another good story!

My father told me this story regarding a young private soldier on guard duty at the main gate to the unit during WW2.

A motorcade arrived at the main gate, the young solider was very keen to carry out his duties in a proper manner, stopped the motorcade. A senior officer in the lead car jumped out and ordered the young soldier to stand aside, which the man refused to do until he was shown I. D's. The senior officer produced his I.D. then ordered the man to stand aside, which he did, then stopped the second car which carried King George VI. The young soldier demanded that the King show him his I.D., the senior officer in the first car ran back and demanded the soldier stand aside and let the King through. The young soldier was quite adamant that “No one gets into the camp without I.D.” and refused the senior officers order. Apparently the King was quite amused and or impressed, he immediately promoted the man to Corporal.

Back