Ice hockey: Finland vs USA in one hell of a game

Armyjaeger

I saw it yesterday and damn that was thrilling right to the very end, too bad for you americans as this meant the end of the olympic ice hockey tournament. Final score was 4-3 for finns. Hehe wonder which team the canadian referee was more partial to :)

Russia you're next :biggun:

I pretty much lost interest in the Men's Olympic hockey when they started letting the professionals play. From an American stand point, it meant a lot more watching those college kids give their all beat the Russkies than it ever will watching NHL players half heartedly play. I'm kinda glad the Canucks and Americans (since their teams are all NHL players) got some competition this time.

PJ24 said:
I pretty much lost interest in the Men's Olympic hockey when they started letting the professionals play. From an American stand point, it meant a lot more watching those college kids give their all beat the Russkies than it ever will watching NHL players half heartedly play. I'm kinda glad the Canucks and Americans (since their teams are all NHL players) got some competition this time.
Almost all of the players in this Olimpic Games are from NHL(especially, the Russians). So, what's the point?

Players who compete in American leagues should not be allowed to play for their home countries come the olympics. It screwed us at Athens for Basketball and it has screwed us again right here.

Well, that and wasting so much energy against the Russians in a game that was meaningless and then losing to Finland as a result. If my understanding is correct the Russian coach admitted that the Americans beat his team in every way that mattered, except the score. (ie, the Russian coach said they got lucky.)

Back