ice cream barge

danthepirate

my grandfather was in the navy. he served on the u.s.s. jicarilla (prononcued jick-a-reala). he told me a story from his days during world warII when they were near iwagema (excuse the spelling).

the jicarilla was a seagoing tug boat. a fairly large one at that. they could tow aircraft carriers that were strander or do anything tug realated. well in a storm one night they were tugging an ice cream barge to somewhere near iwa gema. it wasn't going to well, they were doing about 2 knots in reverse deu to head winds and high waves. the captian decided it was time to get rid of the dang barge and let the troops go without ice cream so they could live. well the cut the tow lines and started to shoot at it with the deck gun. (i guess they either were trying to practice their shooting or they didn't want the japs to find their ice cream and eat it) Well the barge was only 150-200ft away and NOBODY onboard could hit the barge! they even let all the men have a chance at the gun even the cook! Yet still they could not destroy the dang barge. My grandpa said that they were glad their wern't and japanese ships around or they would be gone. well to make a longer story shorter they eventually went over to the drifting barge on the motor boat and opened up the hatches and sunk it by hand...the end.

k i dont know if any of you thought that was funny but i kinda laughed.

Desert_Eagle said:
AmericanSweetheart said:
Desert_Eagle said:
and the punchline is?

God your a cynic

Another bad pun by me, the story made me chuckle a bit. Did your Grandpa ever tell you what color the water turned?

pinkish, i guess thay had a lot of strawberry ice cream. and yes, don't be some critical of my posts. You don't hardly ever post so you can't complain. :x

Back