Ice-cool Schumacher: 'Business as usual'

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
http://www.itv.com/news/index_93d614c9443d7ab5519e8493f74cd60b.html

Michael Schumacher has insisted that it will be "business as usual" this weekend as he bids to bow out of Formula One with victory in the season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix.
The chequered flag will fall on the 37-year-old German's glittering 16-year cockpit career at Interlagos on Sunday and he knows that a 92nd career win could land him an unprecedented eighth World Drivers' Championship title as long as title rival Fernando Alonso finishes out of the points.
An ice-cool Schumacher is refusing to get caught up in the emotion of the occasion, telling reporters: "I'm not thinking too much about this being an emotional race. Occasionally it comes up and you feel strange, but in general I'm relaxed. It's pretty much business as usual. Until now it feels like a normal race, but we will see if it changes."
The Ferrari racer, who goes into his final race ten points behind Renault's Alonso, is focused on helping his team reclaim the World Constructors' title.
He added: "Coming here this weekend I'm not thinking about my own chances for the title, I'm thinking about the constructors' championship for Ferrari.
"The World Drivers' title race is finished for me. I don't want to build up my hopes on somebody retiring. Clearly I will try and win the race, and from the team's point of view we can only do the maximum job and that's to finish one-two."
He continued: "Then we have to see what the others do and whether that's enough for us to win the World Constructors' Championship or not.
"It's up to us to concentrate on what we do, to do the best we can and then the rest is fate."

Back