IBD's Editorials: George Soros and His Campaign to Buy the US Presidency

phoenix80

Banned
George Soros & MoveOn.org

In this exclusive series, IBD takes a look at George Soros, MoveOn.org and the impact they're having on the Democratic Party and American politics.

The Soros Threat To Democracy

Democracy: George Soros is known for funding groups such as MoveOn.org that seek to manipulate public opinion. So why is the billionaire's backing of what he believes in problematic? In a word: transparency.

George Soros: The Man, The Mind And The Money Behind MoveOn

The Left: The smear ad published against Gen. Petraeus has drawn attention to its sponsor, MoveOn.org. But the fingerprints of the group's chief financial backer, George Soros, were all over it. Who is this man and what is he up to?

A Party Bought And Paid For

Election 2008: MoveOn.org once crowed that it had bought and owned the Democratic Party. With the Senate now blasting its tactics, that's an open question. But not, apparently, for Democrats running for president.

No, he is a Holocaust survivor, born in Hungary. Immigrated after the war.

Soro's cannot buy the Presidency. It was bought years ago by Halliburton. Their bloody CEO is the Vice-President of the USA. The Bush Administration has been a VERY provitable investment for Halliburton (mostly at the expense of the US taxpayer). Cheney is still owed $18 Million in deferred payments by Halliburton which he will touch the moment he is out of office.

Is MoveON backed by Soros? Yes. But other than to howl at the moon, what actual power in government do they have? Z.E.R.O. They have no more power than the ultra-rightwing National Review does.

Last edited:
That's what I thought about Soros. I was pretty sure he was foreign born.
It is probably his background as a Holocaust survivor has made him hold a lot of hate towards any power that either initiates or escalates a conflict, leading to high loss of life. That's probably his motivation.
Never mind the US fought against Germany that never attacked America (though it declared war on America... then again, hasn't radical Islam?) but that's his own thing.
I don't think he's in it to buy the presidency or anything but we're talking about a guy with a lot of wealth who has money to spare to conduct activities that come from his conscience.
Do I agree with MoveOn? No. But this is where I believe the motivation comes from.
Just trying to bring in some perspective.
But don't be surprised by CEOs or high level businessmen getting into politics. Who do you think funds politics? The people don't. Business contributors do. All sides of politics work this way, be it Republican or Democrat.

Was Soros even born in the US?

He was born in Hungaria, if I am not mistaken.

That's what I thought about Soros. I was pretty sure he was foreign born.
It is probably his background as a Holocaust survivor has made him hold a lot of hate towards any power that either initiates or escalates a conflict, leading to high loss of life. That's probably his motivation.

That's absurd to say that he is doing all the evil stuff becuz he is scared of power and government.... USA is not like Nazi Germany. This anti-American evil George Soros hates America like other communists do. I don't think he funds anti-American groups because he is scared of any thing. He just doesnt like the country that has given him liberty and all other privileges. Shame on him!

Last edited:
But in his mind, he's seeing the link between the war making Nazi Germany and the USA which went into Iraq.
I think the links are false, but what I'm saying is that that's what HE thinks.
P80, you gotta realize that when it comes to knowing your enemies, it matters more what HE thinks than what you think. Get my drift? Maybe if they spent more time and gave more credit towards those trying to see what the enemy is thinking than listening to "experts" who have never left the beltway and think they're so smart because they just saw six power point presentations, things would actually start going somewhere.
Find out what motivates the enemy.
Find out what the enemy fears.
Find out what he can afford to lose and what he can't afford to lose.
Find his weaknesses.
Find his strengths.
Get into his mind and F**K with it.
Always respect your enemy.
Even if he is a communist.

But in his mind, he's seeing the link between the war making Nazi Germany and the USA which went into Iraq.
I think the links are false, but what I'm saying is that that's what HE thinks.
P80, you gotta realize that when it comes to knowing your enemies, it matters more what HE thinks than what you think. Get my drift? Maybe if they spent more time and gave more credit towards those trying to see what the enemy is thinking than listening to "experts" who have never left the beltway and think they're so smart because they just saw six power point presentations, things would actually start going somewhere.
Find out what motivates the enemy.
Find out what the enemy fears.
Find out what he can afford to lose and what he can't afford to lose.
Find his weaknesses.
Find his strengths.
Get into his mind and F**K with it.
Always respect your enemy.
Even if he is a communist.

I understand where you r coming from on this but he is totally wrong to equate a free and democratic country like the US with a Nazi Germany. Thats why he is frustrating people.

Yes he is wrong to equate Nazi Germany with the USA.
But jumping to the extreme and name calling isn't going to do anything for us either. And before you make accusations about the other side, you should always reflect whether or not the same applies to your side.
You'll find that there isn't too much of a difference. When two entities are designed to hunt each other, their designs turn out to be very similar.

Yes he is wrong to equate Nazi Germany with the USA.
But jumping to the extreme and name calling isn't going to do anything for us either. And before you make accusations about the other side, you should always reflect whether or not the same applies to your side.
You'll find that there isn't too much of a difference. When two entities are designed to hunt each other, their designs turn out to be very similar.

I don't hold any side... I hold the side of the facts and truth. whatever it is! So far, the people who detest me have not been able to convince me that I am wrong!

Highest bidder ..... YES or NO?

People can complain all they want to about MoveOn.org ... but ... as I have already stated on other threads (here and on other forums), they are a LEGAL organization who's aims are political activism. The fact that Soros (or anybody), donates funding to them, has absolutely zip to do with buying the presidency. Their power isn't any greater than any other wacko activist organisation that tries to sway the voters (or the politicians).

The "Halliburtons" of the world hold more sway over politics than these fringe organizations. IF I were going to worry about ANYBODY buying the presidency, this is the area I'd worry about. Let's face it, this IS a charge that has been plaguing GW Bush and Dick Cheney since they surfaced on the political scene as a team (Cheney's tie to Halliburton and GW Bush's tie to the petroleum industry).

I LEAVE IT TO YOU TO DECIDE ... HAS THE PRESIDENCY ALREADY GONE TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER?

People can complain all they want to about MoveOn.org ... but ... as I have already stated on other threads (here and on other forums), they are a LEGAL organization who's aims are political activism. The fact that Soros (or anybody), donates funding to them, has absolutely zip to do with buying the presidency. Their power isn't any greater than any other wacko activist organisation that tries to sway the voters (or the politicians).

The "Halliburtons" of the world hold more sway over politics than these fringe organizations. IF I were going to worry about ANYBODY buying the presidency, this is the area I'd worry about. Let's face it, this IS a charge that has been plaguing GW Bush and Dick Cheney since they surfaced on the political scene as a team (Cheney's tie to Halliburton and GW Bush's tie to the petroleum industry).

I LEAVE IT TO YOU TO DECIDE ... HAS THE PRESIDENCY ALREADY GONE TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER?

Well said Chief.

People tie their balls in a knot over a group of load mouths like Moveon.org (which was founded by private citizens) but are totally deaf, dumb, and blind about the huge Halliburton logo over the White House.

When that glorious day arrives that Bush leaves the White House, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dick Cheney to be on the White House lawn, auctioning off the furniture.

13th Redneck

I don't think its fair to compare the USA to Nazi Germany yet, but I do think we have started down a very dark path. There are, however many disturbing similarities which would set off alarm bells in the mind of someone like Soros being that he survived the REAL Nazis.

Among the similarities: The Demand for sweeping Executive Power, disregard for the law, disregard for the legislature, a close relation between big business and government, the suspension of Habeaus Corpus, the use of a Private Military loyal only to the Executive, a foreign policy based on military force, persecution of minorities, the rigging of elections, encouraging a climate of fear, etc...

We have taken some real steps into darkness. So Soros isn't wrong to be getting nervous.

Last edited:
Back