Ian Thorpe wins another gold

LIPS

Is there no stopping this great man? :D

Wait, let me answer that .............................................NO :D

Re: thorpedo

bush musketeer said:
he's doing alright :)
so much for phelps seven gold he was bragging about :p

which really sux that thorpe beat phelps, but at least the USA is ahead in the medal count.

with the us population they would be expected to be up near the top. 4th is not to bad though with aust's small poulation though.

mmmmm.....how many medals did Thorpe win this year? How many did Phelps win this year??...sorry my math is a little differnt than "down under"...both guys are AWESOME and it was a pleasure to watch them both.

bush musketeer said:
with the us population they would be expected to be up near the top. 4th is not to bad though with aust's small poulation though.
Yes with austrlaias small population which BTW is 20 million it is amazing we have such a great swimmer and for years to come to

i dont see the point of starting a peeing contest over who was better. the fact is that for each of thier disciplines, they are the best in the world. they earned the right to compete at the olympics, they should compete for the pride of representing thier nation, not to boost thier own egos.

and yes, if you did a gold medal count compared to the population, australia would be higher on the rank, we spend more than most other countries on sporting facilities, some say its too much and it takes away from other sections of society

Back