Hypothetical world

Korean Seaboy

So let's assume that this hypothetical world is without nukes. That would considerably make the world unstable because everybody is free to invade everybody without the fear of nukes. The military technology is WWII era. Everything else is the same (except for obvious things like nuclear power plants and conventional missiles). The political situation, communication technology, economy is the same. Then, what do you think the world will be like? I'd say the US will rule North America, Brazil will rule South America maybe with the exception of Venezuela. Asia will be a huge battleground as Russia, China, and India will jockey for power (Oh, and we're also assuming that today's forces are in same numbers) The Korean peninsula will be probably united by the South (the South has better military). In the Middle East, Iran and Saudi Arabia will probably fight. In Africa, there would be several complicated conflicts between warlords, countries, and terrorists. In Europe, Germany, France, England, and maybe Russia wil also fight (I doubt Russia will fight because it already has a war with Asia). In Oceania, Australia will probably take over New Zealand and most of Micronesia but will stop at Indonesia's strong navy. After the Koreans brutally unite, we may recover then join in the fight over Asia. India will take over Pakistan. China may take over Siam but will have difficulty. Saudi Arabia will probably win over Iran and rule the Middle East with the exception of Turkey. Africa will still have a confusing fight. United Korea will be blocked by China, so maybe they'll have a nonagression pact and invade Russia. Maybe Korea will invade Japan or Japan invade Korea. Russia will take over central Asia, but will be blocked by the Chinese. Germany will have a showdown with France, with Britain most likely supporting France. Brazil may keep trying to take over Venezuela. The US will probably remain peaceful. Korea will probably win Japan and fight Russia with China and probably conquer Siberia. India will invade China when it gets the chance, and also take Siam from China. Saudi Arabia may move into India. Turkey may join in the European front or the Asian front (I think the European front, as there's so many players in the Asian front) Turkey will probably take over the Caucasus from Russia while it's busy in the Asian front, and will also take over the Balkans, but it will trigger a huge internal conflict.

What do you think about this hypothetical world? I may easily be incorrect, so feel free to discuss. (Note: All countries are aggressive) Of course, we're assuming a lot here. Anyway, the only certain thing is that the world will be full of chaos :biggun:

I think that it´s hypothetical and that´s all there is to it.

Your scenario is all too messy - it makes no sense. What´s the motive for all these countries to attack each other?

Well, obviousl, countries want to invade each other for land, resources, markets, ideological differences, and more. Like in the hypothetical situation in which China invades Siam- China once ruled most of Siam and it's in its backyard, so why not claim it? Then why did the British colonize one-fourth of the world? Simple ambition.

OK. An organized version of my thinking of the hypothetical world

China, India, Russia, United Korea Asian front
China invades Siam
India invades Pakistan or China
China and United Korea allies, invades Russia
United Korea invades Japan or Japan invades United Korea
Russia invades Central Asian countries, China
Australia invades New Zealand, takes most of Pacific, stopped by Indonesia

Germany, France, Britain, Turkey European front
Germany invades France or France invades Germany
Britain supports either
Turkey invades Balkans

Israel, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iran Middle Eastern front
Israel gets invaded by most Muslim countries
Saudi Arabia may invade Syria and Iran for control of Muslim Middle East

US North American front
The US invades or peacefully annexes Canada, Mexico, Central America

Brazil, Venezuela South American front
Brazil invades or peacefully annexes most of South America
Venezuela invades Colombia, fights with Brazil

I think these will be the military events that will happen in the hypothetical world

Nukes don't sound so bad, after all.

In any case, I think we would attempt to find something else (if there was anything) to substitute having nukes. The resources we didn't commit to acquiring nukes could be invested in other things... such as giant laser cannons in the planet's orbit -- I figured I'd throw it out there, since we're speaking hypothetically. :mrgreen:

OK. An organized version of my thinking of the hypothetical world

China, India, Russia, United Korea Asian front
China invades Siam
India invades Pakistan or China
China and United Korea allies, invades Russia
United Korea invades Japan or Japan invades United Korea
Russia invades Central Asian countries, China
Australia invades New Zealand, takes most of Pacific, stopped by Indonesia

Germany, France, Britain, Turkey European front
Germany invades France or France invades Germany
Britain supports either
Turkey invades Balkans

Israel, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iran Middle Eastern front
Israel gets invaded by most Muslim countries
Saudi Arabia may invade Syria and Iran for control of Muslim Middle East

US North American front
The US invades or peacefully annexes Canada, Mexico, Central America

Brazil, Venezuela South American front
Brazil invades or peacefully annexes most of South America
Venezuela invades Colombia, fights with Brazil

I think these will be the military events that will happen in the hypothetical world

Like the organised version, but a couple of flaws.

1. Being a Brit it would take a long stretch to support wither France or Germany, I can see it happening the other way around, but following WWII, neither country is in much of state to enter an arse kicking competition.
2. US would not be able to peacefully annex Canada, despite it's vast land mass, internal divisions and relatively small population, it is very independent, and contrary to popular belief does not regard itself as the 51st state. If the US tried, it would find itself mired in a war that would shrink Iraq & Afghanistan.
3. Pakistan was not created until 1946/7 ish, when it seceded from India, which was released from the British Empire. Had there been no nuclear weapons, would GB have relinquished control so quickly? Probably, but would other countries have pussy footed around India & Pakistan for so long?
4. Israel would be deceased, having nukes helps it enormously, in it's defence of borders.
5. If there were no nukes how long would the apartheid regime in S Africa have lasted, given the "communist" effort to convert Africa, during the Cold War that would possibly never have happened.
6. Brazil has only recently started to gain credibility as an international player, but it is still riven with huge internal issues, realistically speaking I think that South America is an area least affected by the results of nuclear proliferation, too much hard country and too many indigenous people to be worth a military effort, easier to buy them up commercially, much like China is doing now!
7. Australia v NZ - not a cat in hells chance, more likely an alliance, albeit uneasy, but fun cabinet meetings with beer and fisticuffs - Huzzah!

Great idea for a thread, I'm not off to imagine a world where beer is on tap, just like Whisky Galore and how that makes people happy.

Not only no nukes, but then also the rest WWII area?

Sorry, did not read any further, maybe you should write a book about a What-If in WWII?

Rattler

And make a updated Risk version, and it can be packaged and shipped out to store by next year just in time for the holidays.

After i've read Korean Seaboy's dreams i even became happy that the WWII happened as it happened.

So let's assume that this hypothetical world is without nukes. That would considerably make the world unstable because everybody is free to invade everybody without the fear of nukes. The military technology is WWII era. Everything else is the same (except for obvious things like nuclear power plants and conventional missiles). The political situation, communication technology, economy is the same. Then, what do you think the world will be like? I'd say the US will rule North America, Brazil will rule South America maybe with the exception of Venezuela. Asia will be a huge battleground as Russia, China, and India will jockey for power (Oh, and we're also assuming that today's forces are in same numbers) The Korean peninsula will be probably united by the South (the South has better military). In the Middle East, Iran and Saudi Arabia will probably fight. In Africa, there would be several complicated conflicts between warlords, countries, and terrorists. In Europe, Germany, France, England, and maybe Russia wil also fight (I doubt Russia will fight because it already has a war with Asia). In Oceania, Australia will probably take over New Zealand and most of Micronesia but will stop at Indonesia's strong navy. After the Koreans brutally unite, we may recover then join in the fight over Asia. India will take over Pakistan. China may take over Siam but will have difficulty. Saudi Arabia will probably win over Iran and rule the Middle East with the exception of Turkey. Africa will still have a confusing fight. United Korea will be blocked by China, so maybe they'll have a nonagression pact and invade Russia. Maybe Korea will invade Japan or Japan invade Korea. Russia will take over central Asia, but will be blocked by the Chinese. Germany will have a showdown with France, with Britain most likely supporting France. Brazil may keep trying to take over Venezuela. The US will probably remain peaceful. Korea will probably win Japan and fight Russia with China and probably conquer Siberia. India will invade China when it gets the chance, and also take Siam from China. Saudi Arabia may move into India. Turkey may join in the European front or the Asian front (I think the European front, as there's so many players in the Asian front) Turkey will probably take over the Caucasus from Russia while it's busy in the Asian front, and will also take over the Balkans, but it will trigger a huge internal conflict.

What do you think about this hypothetical world? I may easily be incorrect, so feel free to discuss. (Note: All countries are aggressive) Of course, we're assuming a lot here. Anyway, the only certain thing is that the world will be full of chaos :biggun:
whY THE F*** would Germany Ever EVERRR start a fight with France Or britain, IF then those 3 would fight side by side supporting turkey in a fight against their enemys.:salute::salute::salute::drunkb::pray::visor:

A war between China, Korea (United), and Japan will literally be hell. The Koreans hate the Japanese, the Japanese hate the Koreans, and the Chinese hates both of them. Koreans are extremely nationalistic and willing to do anything for their country. The well-known stories of Chun-Tae-Il, Yoon-Bong-Gil, Kim-Bong-Chang, among others are examples. The Japanese (in my untrained opinion. Fell free to dispute, as I have next to no interest in Japan) consider Dokdo their territory and feel that the Koreans have cheated them in many cases. The Chinese hate both because they're both enemies and should be wiped out. With all this hatred and anger in the three countries, it will make WWII look like a party.
Of course, Korea is at a disadvantage, being seated between powerful enemies. Japan's navy will certainly cut off China's and Korea's while the Chinese army will fight the Korean army to hell. The Japanese will probably just watch the land bloodbath and eliminate anyone that dares to enter the sea. The Koreans and the Chinese will be hard-fought, then maybe Japan will come to scoop up the pieces. Or because they don't have much of an army, they will just be content. The Koreans will lose, the scenario is similar, let's say Austria against the Soviet Union. They will simply be overwhelmed by sheer manpower, resources, and weapons. Then, the Koreans won't simply cry. Like what many did in the Japanese occupation during 1910-1945, they will fight gurreilla warfare, and constantly badger the occupying Chinese like what we did to the Japanese to exhaustion. Then, maybe who knows? Anyway, war between Korea, Japan, and China will make WWII look like a fireworks display

I think this thread could ultimatly turn into a shouting match of who is the best....or loudest...

I felt like I am playing Hearts of Iron II. :)
Some realistic conflict possibilities in Korean Seaboy's post , but US fighting only in America is not realistic at all.

Back