Hydration Systems

zander_0633 said:
IBA? wad's that? Does that Duty Allow you to use alot of strength?

Sorry.. IBA = Interceptor Body Armor

Camelbak_mule_AUC.jpg

This is the one I have, but in woodland. The pouches are good for Power Bars or other small accessories... GPS, food, first aid.

Mine is a 2 liter black camelbak that I believe was made for bike riding. We went with that one because it left room for the buttpack that holds that ammunition and it sticks to your back like glue when you're rolling around between trenches with hundreds of rounds flying above your head.

Sorry I can't tell you for sure which one I have... don't exactly have the tag on it anymore.

Alright found it. My team uses the "Camelbak Lobo"

CamelBak_Lobo.jpg

Ours doesn't have yellow on it, it's black. I have nothing to say but good things about that camelbak, it sticks to my back and carries enough water... believe me running paintball as hard as we do in June Texas heat requires A LOT of water. We did have a special need that I'm sure you don't have though. Unlike the full back design like Team_Infidel uses, ours had to be compatible with this buttback.

2empire4and3.jpg

So we wear the buttback around our waists and ours are actually even bigger, housing 9 tubes of 140 paintballs. So the Camelbak we chose had to fit under that buttpack so it wouldn't interfere with the ammo tubes and the Lobo fit the bill perfectly.

Another feature of the Lobo that really helps out is the little pouch at the bottom. My team uses GMRS radios with headsets so we stick the radio in the pouch at the bottom and run the headset out into our masks so we can talk to eachother without having the radio on our front where we can fall on it when diving or on the hip where it can fall off.

So that's why we went with the Lobo from Camelbak.

Whispering Death said:
Alright found it. My team uses the "Camelbak Lobo"

CamelBak_Lobo.jpg

Ours doesn't have yellow on it, it's black. I have nothing to say but good things about that camelbak, it sticks to my back and carries enough water... believe me running paintball as hard as we do in June Texas heat requires A LOT of water. We did have a special need that I'm sure you don't have though. Unlike the full back design like Team_Infidel uses, ours had to be compatible with this buttback.

2empire4and3.jpg

So we wear the buttback around our waists and ours are actually even bigger, housing 9 tubes of 140 paintballs. So the Camelbak we chose had to fit under that buttpack so it wouldn't interfere with the ammo tubes and the Lobo fit the bill perfectly.

Another feature of the Lobo that really helps out is the little pouch at the bottom. My team uses GMRS radios with headsets so we stick the radio in the pouch at the bottom and run the headset out into our masks so we can talk to eachother without having the radio on our front where we can fall on it when diving or on the hip where it can fall off.

So that's why we went with the Lobo from Camelbak.

Thats the awesome thing about Camelbak, they have a Hydration System for everyone.

I am not sure. Would I buy a CamelBak with just hydration or a CamelBak with hydration and space to store things? Which is better, a CamelBak with the screwcap seen outside or one with a hidden screw cap?

I thought of buying the below bag! Any comments on it? BTW is a biting valve better? and the tube, if it is covered, is it more protected?

Last edited:
Features & Specifications
• Includes HydroLink™ Modular Connection System with positive shut-off HydroLock™.
• Exterior fillport with ergonomic handle for filling on the go.
• Use D-ring attachment points to place unit anywhere.
• Quick-release shoulder straps unclip for easy removal.
• Tough, abrasion-resistant 1000D Cordura® exterior.
• Sternum Strap for added stability.
• Convenient Velcro strap management.
• Closed cell insulation and neoprene tube cover keeps water cool or warm for hours.
Capacity: 100 oz (3.0 l)
Dimensions: 18.5 in x 10 in x 1 in (470 mm x 254 mm x 25 mm)
Volume: Cargo Only � N/A • Including Water � 180 cu in (3.0 l)
Weight: Empty Reservoir � 1.13 lbs (0.51 kg) • Filled Reservoir � 7.38 lbs (3.34 kg)

zander_0633 said:
I thought of buying the below bag! Any comments on it? BTW is a biting valve better? and the tube, if it is covered, is it more protected?

Thats an awesome system, I have it in a different color. Yes the bite valve is better, it provides a stopper from leaking water. The tube is pretty thick, but the reason it's covered is to keep the water cold, and it does keep it cold. For hours.

zander_0633 said:
Great? Can you tell me some of your Adventures you went through with it?
Well I do alot of Search and Rescue training and sports stuff.

During a misson or SAREX the CamelBak it is invaluable, many times my fellow cadets have run out of water in their canteens and an hour and a half later I am still drink the same water I ahd when they ran out.

I was playing airsoft once and I had my CamelBak on. I triped on the curb while crossing a road and fell on my back (With Body armor and web gear on mind you), I though I had burst my CamelBak. I took it off and to my surprise it was fine, not even a scratch on the lovly Cordra fabric it's made of.

I have also done many hikes with my Camelbak.

Cadet Seaman said:
Well I do alot of Search and Rescue training and sports stuff.

During a misson or SAREX the CamelBak it is invaluable, many times my fellow cadets have run out of water in their canteens and an hour and a half later I am still drink the same water I ahd when they ran out.

I was playing airsoft once and I had my CamelBak on. I triped on the curb while crossing a road and fell on my back (With Body armor and web gear on mind you), I though I had burst my CamelBak. I took it off and to my surprise it was fine, not even a scratch on the lovly Cordra fabric it's made of.

I have also done many hikes with my Camelbak.

You said you drop on your back? Can you identify which model did you drop on? Btw, how many CamelBaks do you own?

zander_0633 said:
You said you drop on your back? Can you identify which model did you drop on? Btw, how many CamelBaks do you own?

I dropped on my 3L Camelbak, same model your thinking of buying. I myself own two full Camelbak's and two more carrying systems.

zander_0633 said:
But y do you need so many bags? Is it often you use everyone of them? BTW, is the camelbak water resistent?

I have one for use in my Search and Rescue gear and the other for airsoft, that way I don't have to constantly change the Camelbak and clean it.

Yes it is water resistent, it is made of DuPont Cordra.

Back