Hurricane Sandy

senojekips

I dunno if somehow I've missed it or what,... but I suppose I'm a little taken aback that no one has bought up the subject, with the exception of the clips by our News manager.

Here out in "the bush" of mid Northern South Australia, the News reports are still full of reports showing the utter devastation and hardship wrought upon those affected by this "Super storm" and I'm sure that our thoughts are with them.

Does anyone know if we have members in the affected area?

It's unbelievable.They've got 10,000 National Guard forces activated in over 10 states. None of which are mine but it makes me more appreciative of everything, right down to the hot cup of coffee beside me. Devastating losses.

I saw that when we were watching the news...

My wife was telling me, "I hope none of your friends in that forum of yours is involved in this..."

How thoughtful of her...

I dunno if somehow I've missed it or what,... but I suppose I'm a little taken aback that no one has bought up the subject, with the exception of the clips by our News manager.

Here out in "the bush" of mid Northern South Australia, the News reports are still full of reports showing the utter devastation and hardship wrought upon those affected by this "Super storm" and I'm sure that our thoughts are with them.

Does anyone know if we have members in the affected area?

I am in the affected area. I live in east cost USA. Specifically New Jersey, we experienced floods, winds, power outages, falling trees...and you know the rest you see it in the news.

Last edited:
truly amazing to see what happened.......... those who built right on the beach I don't have much sympathy for... what part of *it IS going to happen* did they not understand. On another point of view.. look at all that has been happening, world wide. The world has been turning it's back on Christ - ya think maybe we are being sent a message?

truly amazing to see what happened.......... those who built right on the beach I don't have much sympathy for... what part of *it IS going to happen* did they not understand. On another point of view.. look at all that has been happening, world wide. The world has been turning it's back on Christ - ya think maybe we are being sent a message?

Not being a religious person, I call it global warming as a consequence of our own actions and disregarding the environment.

I am in the affected area. I live in east cost USA. Specifically New Jersey, we experienced floods, winds, power outages, falling trees...and you know the rest you see it in the news.
From what we see the worst of the damage appears to be in the lower lying areas near the coast.

It may not be a great help to you, but never the less, I'm sure that we are all thinking of you and your family, hoping that you have all come out the other side without suffering any great loss.

If it's religious pay back, it would more likely be in retribution for not strangling the Westboro Baptists at birth. But no,... other that the fact I'm an Atheist, I don't believe that your god would like to be thought of as a vindictive b@stard who lowered him/herself to that level.

Last edited:
If it's religious pay back, it would more likely be in retribution for not strangling the Westboro Baptists at birth. But no,... other that the fact I'm an Atheist, I don't believe that your god would like to be thought of as a vindictive b@stard who lowered him/herself to that level.

Ok, that is something I can relate to... The westboro part...:evil:

The loss of life is devastating and heartbreaking, homes, cars and so on can always be replaced.

Last edited:
Truly horrific damage from what I saw on the news!

I hope no forum members and their familes are too badly affected.

Going to be a costly and long clean up job?

Last edited:
I dread to think what it will cost to get the underground/subway system back on line, imagine all that electrical equipment water damaged. Scary stuff.

From what we see the worst of the damage appears to be in the lower lying areas near the coast.

It may not be a great help to you, but never the less, I'm sure that we are all thinking of you and your family, hoping that you have all come out the other side without suffering any great loss.

Yeah, South Jersey experienced the worst of it. Something like Atlantic City which is like 1 hour 30 minutes by car away from me.

"It may not be a great help to you, but never the less, I'm sure that we are all thinking of you and your family, hoping that you have all come out the other side without suffering any great loss."

It is, I'm really grateful to hear this from you and I send my greatest, most humble thanks to everyone who cared. It really does mean a lot.

So how are you doing, my good man?

It's getting better now. The township, government or whatever put a lot of effort trying to fix things. They sent a lot of teams that are working on removing the fallen trees, police were all over the place during and after the hurricane since darkness and empty streets are criminals' best friends, we got power back and the grocery stores in my town opened again and life came back to the usual, for me at least. I still know people living close to me who are struggling to get back internet because the company shut it off or something while as soon as electricity came back to me, Internet was working like a charm.

It's getting better now. The township, government or whatever put a lot of effort trying to fix things. They sent a lot of teams that are working on removing the fallen trees, police were all over the place during and after the hurricane since darkness and empty streets are criminals' best friends, we got power back and the grocery stores in my town opened again and life came back to the usual, for me at least. I still know people living close to me who are struggling to get back internet because the company shut it off or something while as soon as electricity came back to me, Internet was working like a charm.

I am glad to hear that you are doing rather ok, good buddy...

I just hope things are going to be ok for you guys, God Bless...

Back