Hurricane Sandy / Cyclone Evan ... Manufactured? - Page 3

--
Hurricane Sandy / Cyclone Evan ... Manufactured?

January 1st, 2013  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawky94
Maybe by the fact that it was fecking scary, humongous and as life threatening as Frankenstein.
In an attempt to be the winner of the first pedantic comment of 2013 I will point out the Frankenstein was the scientist not the monster.
January 1st, 2013  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhumn
I respect you know a lot more about weather patterns, hurricanes, weather in general.

What gets me though is, computer models predicted Hurricane Sandy from the start. Why did they label Hurricane Sandy "Frankenstorm" from the start?

Frankenstein was built from body parts, manufactured and struck with lightning to give him life.
Sandy wasn't bigger than Ivan, Hugo, and/or Katrina. Why Sandy was called the "Frankenstorm" was because Sandy collided with other weather systems over the United States and created what can be called "the Perfect Storm." When a hurricane takes a northern path and threaten the northern part of the American East coast, the risk for an interaction with other weather systems increase a lot, it might collide with storm cells moving from south, the Great Lakes influence these patterns over the United States. You remember from school how the wind patterns are and how the currents of the oceans and water vapor (temp) are influencing the weather and in the long run, the climate.
January 1st, 2013  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
In an attempt to be the winner of the first pedantic comment of 2013 I will point out the Frankenstein was the scientist not the monster.
I thought Fronkensteen and Frau Blucher were the real monsters
(a reference to Mel Brooks movie about the matter)
--
January 1st, 2013  
subhumn

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
Sandy wasn't bigger than Ivan, Hugo, and/or Katrina. Why Sandy was called the "Frankenstorm" was because Sandy collided with other weather systems over the United States and created what can be called "the Perfect Storm." When a hurricane takes a northern path and threaten the northern part of the American East coast, the risk for an interaction with other weather systems increase a lot, it might collide with storm cells moving from south, the Great Lakes influence these patterns over the United States. You remember from school how the wind patterns are and how the currents of the oceans and water vapor (temp) are influencing the weather and in the long run, the climate.
There is more to it I found though.

On October 25th The National Weather Service accurately predicted Hurricane Sandy would make landfall in southeastern New Jersey four days prior to actually making landfall. This is the same day that Hurricane Sandy was dubbed “Frankenstorm” by NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration). If you remember the story of “Frankenstein”, Frankenstein was put together with different body parts and struck by lightning to give him life. Frankenstein was manufactured. If Hurricane Sandy was labeled Frankenstorm, maybe it was manufactured too? It seems oddly coincidental, that a storm with this many unusual occurrences, which together make coincidences, is labelled Frankenstorm, which is a correlation to Frankenstein. Interestingly enough, Hurricane Sandy sped up just before New Jersey (as sourced in the website provided), just before the major catastrophe of the storm. It is very coincidental that Hurricane Sandy was dubbed Frankenstorm the same day the National Weather Service predicted the storm would make landfall in New Jersey. Apparently, the European weather models were very accurate in predicting what Hurricane Sandy would do ahead of time. How accurate were the models exactly? Did they predict that Sandy would speed up just before New Jersey?
January 1st, 2013  
hawky94

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
And the winner is... MontyB!

Congratulations! My mistake.
January 1st, 2013  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhumn
There is more to it I found though.

On October 25th The National Weather Service accurately predicted Hurricane Sandy would make landfall in southeastern New Jersey four days prior to actually making landfall. This is the same day that Hurricane Sandy was dubbed “Frankenstorm” by NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration). If you remember the story of “Frankenstein”, Frankenstein was put together with different body parts and struck by lightning to give him life. Frankenstein was manufactured. If Hurricane Sandy was labeled Frankenstorm, maybe it was manufactured too? It seems oddly coincidental, that a storm with this many unusual occurrences, which together make coincidences, is labelled Frankenstorm, which is a correlation to Frankenstein. Interestingly enough, Hurricane Sandy sped up just before New Jersey (as sourced in the website provided), just before the major catastrophe of the storm. It is very coincidental that Hurricane Sandy was dubbed Frankenstorm the same day the National Weather Service predicted the storm would make landfall in New Jersey. Apparently, the European weather models were very accurate in predicting what Hurricane Sandy would do ahead of time. How accurate were the models exactly? Did they predict that Sandy would speed up just before New Jersey?
No, humans cannot directly create weather of this size, indirectly we can (global warming) Hurricane Katrina did landfall twice and she was speeding up just before the second landfall. They used the reference to Frankenstein because he is a famous monster. Why a hurricane or a tropical storm take the path they do depends on other weather systems else where and wind patterns. The models are quite accurate; to know exactly where a hurricane makes the landfall is not an exact science. There is another aspect of natural disasters, they are more dangerous if they are hitting a major populated area, if they occur in much lesser populated area, we don't even notice them or rather we don't need to care.
January 2nd, 2013  
captiva303

Wow subhumn gets around he has turned up on quite a few forums I frequent. At least he is getting a nicer reception here.

Well at least he is persistent haha
January 13th, 2013  
PATCH

I read the first sentence before I grabbed the Scientific American Mag to see if it was in there. Sadly, it wasn't.
January 13th, 2013  
LeEnfield

I think it was started by the chap who shot Kennedy.
February 11th, 2013  
subhumn

Ive created another post regarding ENMOD. This is a excerpt of the post

The ENMOD Convention is specifically intended to prevent use of the environment as a means of warfare by prohibiting the deliberate manipulation of natural processes in order to protect the environment because these modifications could produce phenomena such as hurricanes, tidal waves or changes in climate. Unfortunately environmental modification can be used outside of conflict without any knowledge its occurrence.

Convention on the Prohibition of Military or any other Hostile Use of Environmental Modification Techniques – United Nations Treaty (Signed in Geneva May 18, 1977)
http://weatherwarfare.worldatwar.info/docs/treaty.pdf

The treaty created a list of phenomena that could result from the use of environmental modification techniques (this list is sourced from the United Nations Treaty above):

“earthquakes and tsunamis; an upset in the ecological balance of a region; changes in weather patterns (clouds, precipitation, cyclones and tornadic storms); changes in climate patterns; changes in ozone currents; changes in the state of the ozone layer and changes in the state of the ionosphere.”

On February 7th 2013, three months after Hurricane Sandy devastated the New York State area, “Colossal Blizzard Nemo” ripped through the same area of the United States. This resulted in heavy snowfall and hurricane force winds. If Sandy was manufactured, could this phenomena be the result of Hurricane Sandy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_of_2013

As stated in an earlier post, it is unfortunate that the ENMOD treaty prohibits only the “use” and not the “research” into environmental modification techniques. Since ENMOD it is evident that environmental modification has been researched and at very least tested. To what degree has our climate been effected since ENMOD? Has the effect of weather and environmental modification been so severe that the world has decided to impatiently geoengineer and create a Carbon Conspiracy? Are tyrants now taking advantage of these past effects with the use of their own environmental modification techniques? (E.g. Sandy, Evan & Oswald?)

The treaty also aims to prohibit the use of any prohibited techniques within a States territory (sourced from the United Nations Treaty):

“In particular, each State should enact criminal legislation to outlaw and repress the use of prohibited techniques within its territory and anywhere else under its jurisdiction or control.”

The territorial prohibitions are not being adhered to. In the United States there are a number of civilian run weather modification programs and associations which continue to operate, for example “Weather Modification, Inc.” and the “Weather Modification Association”. While in China the “Beijing Weather Modification Office” runs as a unit of the Beijing Meteorological Bureau. The Beijing Weather Modification Office form a part of China’s nationwide weather control effort, believed to be the world’s largest and it employs 37,000 people nationwide. If the ENMOD treaty created a list of phenomena that could result from the use of environmental modification techniques, why are these programs, associations and nationwide weather control efforts continuing to operate? ENMOD was enacted because of Operation Popeye, which was a United States military cloud seeding operation. These civilian run programs do exactly the same thing, seed clouds. What is the difference between civilian based cloud seeding and military based cloud seeding? They both have an impact on climate and the use of both civilian and military based cloud seeding could result in the phenomena listed above.

The treaty also states:

“Any State with reason to believe that any other State is violating the Convention may lodge a complaint with the Security Council of the United Nations, on the basis of which the Security Council may conduct an inquiry.”

Is anyone going to lodge a complaint? If a State was to lodge a complaint, would the Security Council make an inquiry? (Note the wording of the treaty “the Security Council “may” conduct an inquiry”). The United Nations need to be reminded that they are the United Nations. Any breach of a treaty as important as ENMOD should be subject to penalty and punishment by any means necessary.