Hurrah! New cammo adopted for SOCOM....are the ACU's days numbered?

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Soldier Systems reports that, “According to industry sources the Program Manager for SOF Survival, Support, and Equipment Systems announced that two camouflage patterns known as AOR1 (Desert) and AOR2 (Wooded) would be transitioned in SOF and that certain contracted systems in Khaki and Ranger Green would move to the new color schemes.”

aor1.jpg

aor2.jpg

Pretty much looks like MARPAT without the EGA. Screw it.... it's better then ACU. I'm all for it.

The woodland version looks a lot like the South Korean SF camouflage pattern (on the right).

(Pic removed)

Last edited:
Good picture, 13th. Although, they should've mentioned to buddy on the right that one of his pant legs is unbloused.

Question..
If the SOF comunity have shitcanned the ACU, will the regular Army still wear it?
If so why?

Another day another cammo pattern.
How hard can it be to develop a uniform that works?

The "Multi-Cam" from what I heard is on the way. It was one of the finalists when they were designing the ACU. Not sure of the implentation date, but this is just the rumor that I have heard. They are already selling versions of it at Ranger Joes outside Ft. Benning.

I saw some dudes wearing what apparently looks like a digital version of the multicam. Just the trousers though.

Back