Hunting & Fishing

Mr.Brown

I looked for a thread like this but i'm not gonna look for hours on end for it so.. ya. Just bringing up and getting a talk going of who likes to go get the big one. or small one sense we all know those fish stories multiply fast :) so got a story its time to sound off!

Have enjoyed hunting and fishing since I was a kid.
When fishing I take what I plan to eat. I do catch and release if I am having a particularly good day.

Hunting has mostly been for rabbits and deer to eat. On my grandfather's farm it is necessary to hunt coyotes as they sometimes become a danger to the farm stock. In recent years we have allowed deer hunters on my grandfather's land as the deer population is to high and they are damaging crops.

enjoy them both, but I dont get to go hunting too much, unfortunately. I do alot of fishing, mostly to eat, but some catch and release as well. My parents have a beach house on a small island in Georgia, and I do alot of fishing there.

I like fishing; it is quite relaxing. Most of the fishing I do now is catch and release. My step dad and I use to catch trout and eat them when I was little. I will also eat fish on a kayaking trip every once and a while.

I think fishing would be a lot more exciting if I had not caught a blue fish off the beach at Nantucket, MA when I was 11 or 12. I cannot remember the size but my uncle had to help me. Clubbing the blue fish when I got it on the beach was fun too. I guess PEATA would look down on me for clubbing "sea kittens." Sorry, these kittens bite off toes :viking:

I've gone after just about every piece of game I can think of since I was about ten.... deer, duck, dove, hog, quail, turkey, raccoon, geese, etc....

Same with fishing.... both salt and fresh water....

In fact I took my last big barracuda with nothing but a diving knife.

l_cafa33b3f4ef4a4297663600b8cb6bb2.jpg

l_800d5b1488885fa5cfc99610bcbafc94.jpg

l_bb14dbc35f35fbba4800da13a02b4789.jpg

I have o problem going after the cute little critters. They taste great!

I couldn't hunt or fish for sport or relaxation, I wouldn't kill an animal (or even put a hook through its face) unless I needed to and was prepared to make use of every part.

Still, I'd love to learn the proper techniques for hunting, fishing, and cleaning kills at some point. Even in a developed country, it's good to know you could live off the land if you had to.

well i love doing it and i wand to do it more but going after a barracuda with a nife! man that guy has Nuts that need wheelbarrows or needs to get some more brain matter i hope its the former :-D either way nice job :bravo:

You ever gone noodling 5.56?

Strangely.... no. I stick my hand in dark holes that smell like fish sometimes but that's for another story on another forum that will allow me to post and not violate the Code of Conduct.

well i love doing it and i wand to do it more but going after a barracuda with a nife! man that guy has Nuts that need wheelbarrows or needs to get some more brain matter i hope its the former :-D either way nice job :bravo:

It's a little bit from Column A and a little bit from Column B.

I'm all for living life.... pain is weakness leaving the body and a sucking chest wound is nature's way of telling you to slow down and take a deep breath.

Been a ground pounder and a dirt chewer and now I'm a leo. I flew aircraft before I could drive a car and I've pretty much played with every machine gun know to man..... My life is a story that someone will read one day.... I want them to enjoy the book.

So I enjoy life and I take risks.... if Miami had mountains I'd be climbing them. So just go and enjoy life....

I don't hunt and I haven't been fishing recently, though I enjoy it somewhat. I support both when done with some common sense.

I'm sure most (if not all) have read about the fishermen on Lake Erie that ignored the whole "thawing." Personally I think that was Darwin at work and the rescue vehicles shouldn't have interfered.

I've gone after just about every piece of game I can think of since I was about ten.... deer, duck, dove, hog, quail, turkey, raccoon, geese, etc....

Same with fishing.... both salt and fresh water....

In fact I took my last big barracuda with nothing but a diving knife.

l_800d5b1488885fa5cfc99610bcbafc94.jpg

I have o problem going after the cute little critters. They taste great!
I think that rifle's just about as tall as you are, Louis! Heh.

I've never been hunting (although I've always wanted to. Dad could never find the time.) But I love to fish. It's so much fun... Some of the best bonding time is a few men fishing all day together.

I think that rifle's just about as tall as you are, Louis! Heh.

I've never been hunting (although I've always wanted to. Dad could never find the time.) But I love to fish. It's so much fun... Some of the best bonding time is a few men fishing all day together.

First off.... that's not a rifle. That's a Ithaca Model 37 Shotgun chambered in a 2 3/4" 12 gauge with a 26 inch barrel.

Second..... best bonding time ever was with my old man hunting.

First off.... that's not a rifle. That's a Ithaca Model 37 Shotgun chambered in a 2 3/4" 12 gauge with a 26 inch barrel.

Second..... best bonding time ever was with my old man hunting.

You mean you don't use a rifle for duck hunting Luis? And here I thought you were a real sportsman. :wink:

Just to clearefy my postion as stated before...I have no problem with hunters or fishers. I find most of them care more about hte enviorment than those idiots driving "green" cars in the city. Its just that I cant kil an animal thats of no risk to me. I eat meat, when someone else killed it. My dad used to hunt alot back when i was younger, and he stopped doing that. He syas that we dont have hardly enough wildlife here to justify sport-hunting. And he is right. But in a place where there are enough animals, and as long as its somthing you can eat or needs to be cut down in noumbers, i have no problem with it.
In Israel there is very little to hunt anyway. Wild boars are one animal that is hunted regularly here, and ducks too. The boars have to be hunted sometimes, because with ost of our big predators gone, nothing hunts them and they do alot of damage to agriculture.
A few years ago we had so many of them it became nessesary to shoot them inside the town. The National Wildlife Company brought some of the best hunters to do it because it was dangerous as hell inside a residential area. For a few nights man armed with shotguns roamed the streets and after that the problem was solved:)

Back