Hundreds of Nazi Cases Reopened

namvet

BERLIN – Prosecutors have reopened hundreds of dormant investigations of former Nazi death camp guards and others who might now be charged under a new precedent set by the conviction of retired U.S. autoworker John Demjanjuk, The Associated Press has learned.

Given the advanced age of all of the suspects -- the youngest are in their 80s -- the head of the German prosecutors' office dedicated to investigating Nazi war crimes told the AP that authorities are not even waiting until the Demjanjuk appeals process is over.

But the current generation of prosecutors and judges in Germany has shown a new willingness to pursue even the lower ranks, something applauded by Zuroff.

source

100511_nuguardsofdeath_20111005_131351.jpg

what do you think??? are they to old to prosecute or should they be charged???

Murder is a crime that should have no statute of limitations.
Now, getting down to the nitty-gritty - are they going after the privates or the captains and lieutenants?

I think at least they should be charged and where applicable criminal convictions be recorded.

At age 80+ though, I feel that the prosecutors have really left their run 60 years too late for effective punishment.

what do you think??? are they to old to prosecute or should they be charged???

Well I may as well be the descenting voice in this argument so what do I think?
I think the German government is participating in a ludicrous and somewhat farcical exercise in political correctness, seriously how many millions will it take to hunt down, try and incarcerate half a dozen ageing German soldiers.

The reality is that when it came to breaches of the rules of war there is not a military involved that did not commit acts that had they have been on the losing side would not have seen them sent to the gallows, I think that if we are to continue to pursue these things then we that we stop pretending that the Allies were beyond reproach and start arresting Russians for their actions against German civilians and Axis POWs, Bomber Command members for deliberate attacks on civilian targets and the fighter crews for shooting down German rescue aircraft, the American Submarine fleet for machine gunning Japanese crews in the water etc. etc.

When do we finally end WW2?

My personal opinion is that unless they can get some of the major players this is little more than a publicity stunt.

Last edited:
If they can identify the ones who "pulled the trigger", buy all means try them. As for the rest, they will be receiving their judgement when they get to the pearly gates.

Round the bastards up and burn them alive.
Toss in a few apologists and revisionists for effect.

Big difference in a few events and a totalitarian policy and those who implemented it.

If they can trace them now one can't help but wonder why they did not do this years ago. I think it is all a bit of a waste of time many of them wont know just what is happening. Yes what they did was unforgivable and after nearly 70 years would justice be served locking a few senile old men who don't know what day it is. Then there is case of witnesses to confirm that they were there at the time and that they took part in these dreadful acts, or is every soldier in those units guilty by association and should be hung drawn and quartered.

There is and has never been a big secret as to who served as guards at the various concentration camps. The ones in East Germany and other Warsaw Bloc countries often served in his positions in their own militaries. So, finding them has never been a problem.
Why the sudden desire to locate and prosecute?
Perhaps to set aside public interest in the faltering economy?

There is and has never been a big secret as to who served as guards at the various concentration camps. The ones in East Germany and other Warsaw Bloc countries often served in his positions in their own militaries. So, finding them has never been a problem.
Why the sudden desire to locate and prosecute?
Perhaps to set aside public interest in the faltering economy?

my guess would be Israel is pushing them to locate these former Nazi's since Germany kept very accurate records of the war.

Maybe they should start to reopen Japanese war crimes, far too many got away with too much.

Quite rightly people jump up and down about NAZI war crimes, very little is said regarding Japanese crimes.

Now I could not agree more than what BritinAfrica says, and they still think that war was not there fault and that they did nothing wrong

There was an interview on TV with one of the Japanese architects who swore that he never mistreated POW's he also swore that he never had British or Australian POW's under his charge. A photograph was produced showing clear as crystal a photograph of him with an Australian with his slouch hat in the back ground.

Another part was when an ex guard told his grand children that they never beat POW's, they died because rice didn't agree with their western digestive systems.

I had hundreds of ex Japanese POW working along side me of me with the firm that I worked with and I did not know of one that managed to work to his retirement age before they went were put of work as permanently sick

Early fifties my Battalion ORQMS, my boss, had served five years or so as a POW to the Japanese. He was a fine immaculate soldier but the noly man permanently excused military duties in the Regiment; he never spoke of it but suffered in silence. Arouns 1960 I employed a number of ex such POWs. They were full of hatred for their captors and would never hear a word of forgiveness.

As for those European guilty of war crimes surviving, in 1965 in Poland they were entreating me to help them expose those in the west; they claimed they were obstructed in their attempts.

What was the point of the Nuremburg trials?????
Didnt we charge most of the leadership for what Germany did during the war???
I'm no apologist but we are really scraping the barrel if we are hunting down gaurds 60 odd years on.
Why not tax the Germans for it. And every German made to write an apology to Israel. And then every German convert to Judaism......
I can't see International Jews ever forgiving, forgetting or letting go.
Pretty sad when you consider other conflicts and genocides..................

The thing is that nearly every German you meet will say what was done in their name during WW 2 was wrong and will apologise for what happened. Now you can't hold the children for responsible for what their grand parents did, they are all made fully aware what happened during that time so that their is no misunderstanding and try to stop this madness happening again.
The Japanese are still saying that they did nothing wrong and if they did anything wrong it was not their fault and by dropping the Atom Bomb on them they are the ones that have been hard done by. It is rare that you will find any Japanese person saying that they did wrong and all the reported massacres never happened and if they did they were done by other people. The Japanese do not teach any thing that happened to the people in China while they occupied it nor do they teach people on how their troops massacred hundreds of thousands of people in Manila, let alone the rest of the Philippines.
One of the reasons for all this is because there were very few show trails in Japan of war criminals and General MacArthur did a lot of deals with the Japanese so that many of the people at the top got away with. With some of them it was to help run Japan after the war and other deals were done over Germ warfare and other weapons.

Japanese Massacres and Atrocities of World War II

link

of note
THE TRUK MASSACRE (February, 1944)

During the American attack on the island of Truk in the Carolines, around 100 women, (most of them 'Comfort Women' girls forced into prostitution by the Japanese Army) took shelter in a dugout behind the Naval base where they worked. With defeat staring them in the face, the Japanese, fearing that the 'comfort women' would be an encumbrance and an embarrassment, should they fall into American hands, decided to dispose of them. During a lull in the fighting, three ensigns were sent to the dugout. Armed with machine guns, they approached to find a few women emerging from the pitch-dark interior. They were immediately shot on the spot. Entering the dugout with guns blazing, they fired randomly in the darkness. When the screams of the women had died down and only the moans of the wounded could be heard, the ensigns flicked on their torches to find around seventy bodies, drenched in blood, lying on the floor. (After the war the US occupational authorities allowed continued use of a number of these Comfort Women still alive, as prostitutes for their own GIs stationed on the island)

they probably murdered some of their own women as well

I don't want to see revenge, I want to see Japan acknowledge their crimes and what they did was wrong.

My uncle was a POW on Sandekan in Northern Borneo, out of 2500 Australian and British POW's only 6 Australians survived, they only survived because they escaped during the Sandekan death marches.

I aggree, if they call for justice, it must be justice for all!

If they want to drag ageing ex-KZ guards, clerks and cooks to a court for their contribution to the holocoust, fine, let it be done.
But then I want the entire Japan on their knees begging forgiveness for their deeds during WW II as well.

One of my grand-uncle's collegues was pulled out of the lifeboat together with the skipper and placed in a japanese prison camp, while the rest of the crew was machinegunned to death in the sea.
This was after their civillian freight-steamer was torpedoed by a Japanese submarine.

I remember the words of a US ex-POW who was asked if he had any regrets about USA dropping the nuclear bombs on Japan, his reply was swift:
"My only regret is that we didn't have 5 of them bombs to drop on Japan!"

Back