Humanitarian Crisis

I3BrigPvSk

The Viking
There is a humanitarian crisis unfolding in Europe right now. I don't know if you guys residing elsewhere have noticed the crisis. There are about one million refugees trying to get to Europe right now and it is the worst refugee crisis since the Second World War. You might have seen the picture of the dead three year old boy washed up on a beach in Turkey. The crisis got a face instead of numbers now. I view it as a test to see if we have learned anything from the disasters in the past. but I doubt we have learned anything.

Maybe the world with its "The Responsibility to Protect" needs to really do something about Syria and ISIS and some sort of a Marshal Plan when it's done.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...oat-and-3-year-old-dead-on-a-beach-in-turkey/

I saw this yesterday. There was a woman holding her baby.. they were lying on a train track and she was crying.. screaming, asking for help. They were trying to get help and I think being put back in trains. So sad.. I could barely watch.

There is a humanitarian crisis unfolding in Europe right now. I don't know if you guys residing elsewhere have noticed the crisis. There are about one million refugees trying to get to Europe right now and it is the worst refugee crisis since the Second World War. You might have seen the picture of the dead three year old boy washed up on a beach in Turkey. The crisis got a face instead of numbers now. I view it as a test to see if we have learned anything from the disasters in the past. but I doubt we have learned anything.

Maybe the world with its "The Responsibility to Protect" needs to really do something about Syria and ISIS and some sort of a Marshal Plan when it's done.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...oat-and-3-year-old-dead-on-a-beach-in-turkey/

I guess someone has to be the bastard in the group so here goes...

Why exactly is this the worlds problem to clean up?
The only people that can sort out Syria are Syrians but rather than take an opportunity to deal with their problems they jump a boat and dump themselves on Europe's doorstep and then get violent when they discover Europe does not want 1 million of them.

Basically they have allowed their own nations to be destroyed now they think the rest of the world should take care of them.

Yes there are some tragic scenes unfolding and it is sad but this is a problem of their own making in my opinion.

I guess someone has to be the bastard in the group so here goes...

Why exactly is this the worlds problem to clean up?
The only people that can sort out Syria are Syrians but rather than take an opportunity to deal with their problems they jump a boat and dump themselves on Europe's doorstep and then get violent when they discover Europe does not want 1 million of them.

Basically they have allowed their own nations to be destroyed now they think the rest of the world should take care of them.

Yes there are some tragic scenes unfolding and it is sad but this is a problem of their own making in my opinion.

They cannot solve it by themselves and the UN Charters and the IL are pretty clear we cannot look away from the humanitarian crisis. There is a problem right now and view it as how you do will solve nothing.

They cannot solve it by themselves and the UN Charters and the IL are pretty clear we cannot look away from the humanitarian crisis. There is a problem right now and view it as how you do will solve nothing.

Why is it we hear so little of the gigantic humanitarian issues that are ongoing in central Africa. Millions of people are fleeing the Congo, Uganda, the Central African Republic, the Sudan and others. These people are simple farmers, herders and fishermen that want nothing more than to be left alone. They are under attack by various murderous groups that cut off limbs, mass rape the women, enslave men and boys. The death toll is in the millions far more than that of the ME crisis or any other for that matter. Yet little is done to help these poor soles. These people don't even want to leave their land for the most part they are forced out and would gladly return if possible. It should make all countries with resources shameful for allowing this to continue unabated.

Last edited:
Sorry I don't buy into that and I am tired of having to rescue sheep every day.
- 1984 Bandaid was formed to feed 3 million starving Africans 2014 Bandaid 30 performed to raise money to feed 30 million starving Africans.

- Currently we have ISIS roaming the Middle East, a group that on a good day can be called homicidal lunatics but a group that the largest estimates put at 80,000 yet the 1 million strong Iraqi army run away at the first sign of a Toyota dealership and millions of Syrians pack up and dump themselves on the rest of the world.

1) Africa is corrupt to the core for every bag of food or dollar we send them someone pockets 99% of it and the 1% that does make it through just seems to encourage them to produce 10 more mouths for us to feed.

2) Syria, if the Syrians put as much passion and effort into sorting out their country as they do in marching off to Germany to demand they be looked after ISIS would be a distant memory in a week.

I am all in favour of helping people who want to move forward but neither Africa nor Syria seems to want to move forward they just seem to want the rest of the world to give them everything.

I am interested to see that there are rumours that Russian forces are heading to Syria as this may finally be the only way this mess can be resolved...

https://larouchepac.com/20150903/russia-preparing-military-intervention-back-assad-syria

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...military-involvement-in-Syrias-civil-war.html

Last edited:
Sorry I don't buy into that and I am tired of having to rescue sheep every day.
- 1984 Bandaid was formed to feed 3 million starving Africans 2014 Bandaid 30 performed to raise money to feed 30 million starving Africans.

- Currently we have ISIS roaming the Middle East, a group that on a good day can be called homicidal lunatics but a group that the largest estimates put at 80,000 yet the 1 million strong Iraqi army run away at the first sign of a Toyota dealership and millions of Syrians pack up and dump themselves on the rest of the world.

1) Africa is corrupt to the core for every bag of food or dollar we send them someone pockets 99% of it and the 1% that does make it through just seems to encourage them to produce 10 more mouths for us to feed.

2) Syria, if the Syrians put as much passion and effort into sorting out their country as they do in marching off to Germany to demand they be looked after ISIS would be a distant memory in a week.

I am all in favour of helping people who want to move forward but neither Africa nor Syria seems to want to move forward they just seem to want the rest of the world to give them everything.

I am interested to see that there are rumours that Russian forces are heading to Syria as this may finally be the only way this mess can be resolved...

https://larouchepac.com/20150903/russia-preparing-military-intervention-back-assad-syria

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...military-involvement-in-Syrias-civil-war.html

That is good news, but the other Arabic countries can do much more. However, they are here now and we cannot wish them away. All refugees must be registered when they are seeking asylum according to international law, a law that emerged after the little oops we call WWII.

Why is it we hear so little of the gigantic humanitarian issues that are ongoing in central Africa. Millions of people are fleeing the Congo, Uganda, the Central African Republic, the Sudan and others. These people are simple farmers, herders and fishermen that want nothing more than to be left alone. They are under attack by various murderous groups that cut off limbs, mass rape the women, enslave men and boys. The death toll is in the millions far more than that of the ME crisis or any other for that matter. Yet little is done to help these poor soles. These people don't even want to leave their land for the most part they are forced out and would gladly return if possible. It should make all countries with resources shameful for allowing this to continue unabated.

We in Sweden get them too and there is no room for them, but we must treat them according to the IL

Because no matter how much money we shovel into Africa it will never be enough.

What Africa wants is good leaders not more money.

Because no matter how much money we shovel into Africa it will never be enough.

What Africa wants is good leaders not more money.

The bottom line is that for many of these people little or no aid is coming in. For whatever need their basic needs are not being meet nor can they be meet thru no fault of their own.
A thought for what it's worth: Perhaps one has to endure some hardship to truly understand hardship.

The issue of immigration is something every developed nation is going to have to face. i have seen it up close and personal on the U.S. / Mexico border. Most of the people crossing that border are seeking a better life, not fleeing a war, although at one time there were large numbers of El Salvadorians and Nicaraguans who were doing just that.
In Europe, large numbers are, in fact, war refugees.
No matter how humane a nation tries to be, it is simply impossible to accept everyone who wants to come in. In the end, some must be sent back. In order to do that it's necessary to get the cooperation of the nation of origin and many don't want their people back. In some countries when there is a war or civil unrest, they open the prisons and give them a 48 hour head start.
It's heart breaking, but Europe may have to do what the U.S. does with Haitians; incarcerate them on an offshore island until you can send them home. Out of sight/out of mind. Australia also uses that approach.
And now that a European summit has been called on this subject, you can bet that will be the solution of choice.

The bottom line is that for many of these people little or no aid is coming in. For whatever need their basic needs are not being meet nor can they be meet thru no fault of their own.
A thought for what it's worth: Perhaps one has to endure some hardship to truly understand hardship.

Do you have to jump off a cliff to find out whether it actually hurts when you hit the bottom?

No.

Most historic nations that are stable and prosperous are not stable because they have always been that way but because at some point in their history the people stood up and threw out the tyrannical and generally incompetent leaders they had, France and America had their revolutions, Britain had its civil wars, Europe in general had its "enlightenment" period even Turkey had Mustafa Kemal to drag it into a modern secular world and Africa and the Middle East need to emulate these feats.

The modern world can not keep pumping money into nations who's leaders are corrupt, tyrannical lunatics and think things will ever get better, these regions will not change until the people themselves stand up and force change.

Monty you are incorrect in some cases. Take the Sudan for example nobody has provided them with barely a dime in aid. The country that may have suffered more than any other since WW2. Millions have been killed by the Muslim north and the Lords army to the south. No economic or military aid has been provided to the suffering Sudanese peoples caught up in this tyranny. It is easy to look at history books and find examples that worked out, however for some this simply has not been the case and through no fault of their own.

Monty you are incorrect in some cases. Take the Sudan for example nobody has provided them with barely a dime in aid. The country that may have suffered more than any other since WW2. Millions have been killed by the Muslim north and the Lords army to the south. No economic or military aid has been provided to the suffering Sudanese peoples caught up in this tyranny. It is easy to look at history books and find examples that worked out, however for some this simply has not been the case and through no fault of their own.

I am not for a second suggesting that they look at the history books, find examples that have failed and emulate them.
However if for example the Sudanese are either too apathetic or cowed to rise up and depose their leaders why should we do it for them?

What pisses me off, the UK government has pledged to donate £100m aid towards the refugee crisis, yet all our public services are having the lives squeezed out of them with drastic cuts, our nurses, police officers, civil/public servants have endured 5 years of pay freezes in the name of austerity measures, yet they see fit to "give" away £100m of "our" money without a moment's thought. Yesterday, I read somewhere about China and their policy of only one child per family due to there being 400 people per square mile. The UK has 1000 people per square mile, our public services are at breaking point, our schools and hospitals are at breaking point due to cuts and yet Europe is screaming for us to take more - roll on the referendum, I for one will be voting to leave the EU.

Last edited:
What pisses me off, the UK government has pledged to donate £!00m aid towards the refugee crisis, yet all our public services are having the lives squeezed out of them with drastic cuts, our nurses, police officers, civil/public servants have endured 5 years of pay freezes in the name of austerity measures, yet they see fit to "give" away £100m of "our" money without a moment's thought. Yesterday, I read somewhere about China and their policy of only one child per family due to there being 400 people per square mile. The UK has 1000 people per square mile, our public services are at breaking point, our schools and hospitals are at breaking point due to cuts and yet Europe is screaming for us to take more - roll on the referendum, I for one will be voting to leave the EU.

Yes sometimes governments do things that make no sense at all, ours tells us that any extra foreign aid comes from the foreign aid budget and it just shuffles its commitments else where.

But the solution to the Syrian problem lies in Syria not Europe and it is time that someone stepped in and sorted this out, I think the idea of developed nations not going after ISIS and continuing this hands off confrontation is a failed strategy.

Perhaps it is time to do a WW2 reenactment and let the Russians loose in Syria while the West heads off through Iraq, we can meet at the border, shake hands, have a beer and then start a new cold war.

What pisses me off, the UK government has pledged to donate £100m aid towards the refugee crisis, yet all our public services are having the lives squeezed out of them with drastic cuts, our nurses, police officers, civil/public servants have endured 5 years of pay freezes in the name of austerity measures, yet they see fit to "give" away £100m of "our" money without a moment's thought. Yesterday, I read somewhere about China and their policy of only one child per family due to there being 400 people per square mile. The UK has 1000 people per square mile, our public services are at breaking point, our schools and hospitals are at breaking point due to cuts and yet Europe is screaming for us to take more - roll on the referendum, I for one will be voting to leave the EU.

Cameron has already given £1.7 BILLION to the Indian Navy to build up their fleet, yet the cretin is cutting the British Military to the bone. Illegal immigrants get more in hand out then I do state pension, thousands of the elderly die each year because of the p*&ss poor state pension.

He needs to learn the old adage, "Charity begins at home."

Last edited:
We have similar issues in the US with government in power giving away money to those who do nothing, while those who are retired are being strangled as their income shrinks. It's easy for someone with nothing to get medical care but someone who has worked most of his life cant afford to get sick. It pays to be a professional lay about.
We also send to much work abroad in the name of this so-called global economy vs. trying to keep the people at home busy working. We take in more immigrants than any other country in the the world something that has actually made our country strong since most of them have desired to work and move up the ladder.
My point with the Sudan is these people are dying - being killed by the millions and nobody's has so much as lifted a finger to assist them. With the way the US doles out money it wouldn't hurt to help these people. Hell even if it took the military to ensure it got to the right place, screw the UN they aren't worth a hill of beans.

This crisis is not unique, all armed conflicts creates refugees. The Syrian one has created an exodus and now we have to deal with it. The solution is in Syria, but that doesn't change the flow of refugees right now. People living in a totalitarian state don't rise up against it very easily, the consequences of doing so can be severe and dangerous for them. Therefore, to demand them to deal with it is naive. Why aren't the North Koreans rising up against their rulers? It took a long time for the former communistic countries in Europe to get rid of their totalitarian governments, why? It took a long time for the South American countries to get rid of their military juntas, why? The Cambodians couldn't get rid of Pol Pot until Vietnam intervened militarily. The list goes on and on

So we can read about historical events and learn, but why reading about things when not learning a damn thing? That is a waste of time

Back