human wave tactics - Page 2

--
Boots

January 20th, 2005  
Sexybeast

i think in WW2, U.S is using so-called human waves too.....
like tanks....i doubt U.S will ever win if they use same number of tanks against german tanks..they will get ass kicked..

if germany has the same number in europe against U.S..i doubt U.S could win
January 20th, 2005  
Sexybeast

and i think Human-wave this word is just a nick name some arrogent western military morons give to some tactics that does not use good airplanes or super art support...
like in korean war..no matter wut U.S just cant beat chinese back to their border..then they just start to make fun on PLA soldiers, say they can only use human waves but nothing more..yet they don't see that chinese used beautifl tactics beat McArthur back to 38 parralle....

it is just another so called sterotype...like we say south koreans are bunch of losers...that is generalization and that is wrong
January 20th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Those nations use human wave attacks because they are cultures that place less value on the individual human life. Compared to, say, American culture that places a very high value on human life.
--
Boots
January 20th, 2005  
Chinaman

exactly my point sexybeast, human wave tactic is a stereotypical name for communist attacks

actually, the reason why south vietnam and korean soldiers arent as effective is because THEY USE the human wave tactic, which is why it is common for south korean regiments to be entirely wiped out
January 20th, 2005  
Sexybeast

culture of does not value human lives.....lol....do u understand anything about chinese culture?? go to school and learn before u BS here

chines values human lives and we don't think there is a heaven shit, we think life is precious and we got to do something for this soceity and leave our marks on history, and children are our continuation in this world.......
January 20th, 2005  
A Can of Man

No, a human wave assault is basically what it is. As in the first wave will die, then the 2nd wave takes its place doing a dead, head on rush against probably an entrenched enemy.
Using mass of units alone isn't a human wave tactic. Basically if Americans used the human wave tactic with the Shermans, what you'd see is wave after wave of American units heading straight into German positions in fixed line abreast formations.
Basically with zero regard for cover or concealment. It's just the use of pure mass and nothing else. There are many aspects of a military operation... surprise, mass, cover and concealment, simplicity of plan etc. Human wave ignores everything except mass and simplicity and probably in the beginning will have the surprise element. And that's what made it so effective. However nowadays the other side can equalize or do better by massing firepower more effectively.
It's not a "made up" thing by some arrogant western guy. After all, it was used in World War II by the Soviets as well. It was an observation of a tactic that was what it states it to be.
January 20th, 2005  
Sexybeast

i doubt china used human wave when ambushing U.S..

it is called concentrating on enemy's weakness....

every general tries to concentrate on enemie's weakness right?
January 20th, 2005  
A Can of Man

If you're talking about the Chosin resivour that was a brilliant work of military genius. The Chinese made everyone believe their aid of North Korea was over by having a brief attack and a withdrawl to China. Then all hell broke loose.
Also moving by night and holding still by day caught the allies by surprise and the surprise held. Basically when the allies were ready for the Chinese (basically got forced back big time), the Chinese human waves really started to show it's face. There are simply so many stories from everyone who fought on the allied side of the entire countryside just being filled with the Chinese soldiers and that there would be so many that they would run past their machine gun nests because there was more dudes running up the hill than the amount of people that thing could kill in that period of time. That's what we mean by human wave.
January 20th, 2005  
Sexybeast

sigh...i still think u should call it concentration on enemy's weakness rather than use a sterotype word as human waves..

just like U.S in WW2....sherman tank cant compete with Tigers..
but U.S commanders can use large number of shermans to attack a certain point of german defence...perhaps Tigers can destroy first few of shermans, soon, shermans are everywhere and tigers are overwhelmed..

is that human wave too ? or tank wave
January 20th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Yes the Chosin resivoir attack was massing on the enemy's weakness. That's smart. But later on, especially when the lines were kind of formed again along the 38th parallel, there was no hitting enemy weaknesses. It was just filling the terrain with guys. Of course they got killed like crazy.