Human rights ( in military)

For starters they don't roll over unarmed students who are lying down in a square with armored vehicles.
That's a start.

The prison scandal is the only known human-rights abuse incident by the US military during it's operations in Iraq and Afganistan.

As for inside the country, the only thing known at this time is the "patriot act" law enforcers to prosecute a civilian without all the checks' necessary, such as a search warrant. This was intiated because of 9/11, to help hunt down terror cells within the US. However the FBI has used it to hunt down other criminals, and a few civilians that have yet to be proven guility of anything. The subject is highly controversial, but I don't believe you could claim any "human-rights" violation.

I apologize if my information on the Patriot Act is too vague or incorrect, I have medicore knowledge on the subject.

Edit: Oh, and China, well.... one word. "Tibet"

Oh ok, so its ok to r*pe girls in both korea and jpan, panama, iraq and kill some of themhttp://academic.udayton.edu/race/06hrights/GeoRegions/NorthAmerica/china06.htm
its also ok to inprison iraqi teens even though they haven done a thing and become sexually harassed later on>?
For many of the US police services to racially disgriminate aginist latino and african americans?
For the us to use agent orange in vietnam in which the aftermath had been thousands killed and millions mentally retarded
FOr the us to masscre hundreds of innocent civilans during the vietnam war?
for The use of DU weapons which spurred cancer and diseases?
For The uncountable times us used force to kill students during riots inthe 60s?
For teh evidence found in previous untold tales of other detainee camp* aka concentration camps?
For tthe abusive prision guards and police men who often beat and kill?

Tibet... a very babraic place before libration, where slavery happened often and the lleader could kill as he pleases, and savage ways of torture was found. China basically librateed the area of those evil, in which is inducing human rights into tibet. Now, it is librated with roads, highways, and peopleno longer starved?? If you go to tibet, u'll find that 5 out of 10 people liked it better after libration.

The tianmen square incident, in which no one was every killed udner tank tracks. If there is no pictures or videos of peopel getting shot at or killed, then there is no evidence. However, afterwards there was blood and ead bodies, which proves that the PLA opened fire. According to various sources, the truth about that incident was that the students, inwhic many werent students, threw moltovs and set up tire fire on the square and on tanks, the PLA was ordered to not fire unless fired upon, and moltoves seemed to be agreesive enough for the PLA to fire. The death toll was not thousands, but the highest was probaly around a hundred, which is not much considering the amount of peopel that could be fitted in tianenmen square.
------------------------------------------

The United States butts into the internal affairs of other countries and cultivates its influence in secrecy, infringing upon human rights in other countries. The US Department of Defense launched a research institute for safety cooperation in the western hemisphere, while the predecessor of the institution is Escola Das Americas affiliated with the US Army Forces, which is famous for training Latin American and Caribbean troops to torture suspects, carry out secret executions and mail threatening letters to political dissidents. The school, described by international human rights organizations as a training base for "dictators, hangmen and assassins," trained 56,000 people during the period between 1946 when it was first established, and December of 2000 when it was closed

mod edit:do not post back to back

You little link doesn't work, slick.

I've never read or heard of rape by the US in Korea, Japan, Panama, or Iraq. I've never heard or read of Iraqi teens being taken prisoner and then being sexually abused. Unless one of those prison victims were underage, which I'm certain they were not.

There has some been some incidents regarding racial discrimination in law enforcement, but it's largely unfounded.

Vietnam, indeed the US profile for Vietnam is sad and disgraceful in many ways, our cause was just, but that does not excuse the various atrocities. Americans knew these things, and our Veterns did not get respect in the initial post-war years, in fact, they were looked down upon. Another unfortunate effect of this was... many of them did nothing wrong.

Curse Cold War China for bringing communism to Vietnam, and curse Cold War US for her atrocities in fighting it.

DU is used as a weapon, weapons hurt people, get over it.

Four were killed and nine were wounded during the 60's protest, better call for the UN.

Evidence? Concentration camps? Oh, you mean like the 300,000 Chinese held in re-eduaction labor camps?

Chinese police never use force to protect the people? My, give China a peace award!

Tibet was forced into assimilation by China, it's culture ravaged and brutal retaliation whenever anything resembling a uprising occured. It is a black part of Chinese history, and much like the US mines scattered across Vietnam, Tibet is still a wrong for China.

That little article of yours is terribly vague, it mentions the group is a affiliate of the US Army in 1946. What exactly does that mean? The US has supported corrupt factions in South America without realizing who they're supporting, then break the ties later when they realize as such. The article fails to make clear what ties the US had with this "predecessor of an affiliate".

See, this is what's great about the Totalitarianist aspect of Communist governments -- you don't have to admit to jack squat. A bloody invasion and fully calculated dismantling of an ancient culture in Tibet becomes a rosey picture where barbaric madmen - frothing at the mouth no doubt - are forcably brought to enlightenment and civility. I suppose the PLA was sprinkling rose petals all over the ground as they went as well.

And you can forget the thousands of refugees of Tianemen Square who DID manage to flee to other nations. Their testimony is not valid because they forgot to videotape it. If the PLA was under attack and never had any intention of doing anything wrong -- why is evidence so thoroughly suppressed? Why did they tell all outside press to get lost right before the whole thing went straight to hell? Were then planning on kindly asking the demonstrators to peacefully disperse, but didn't want anyone else to see it?

The People's Republic of China hasn't a leg to stand on if they want to start criticizing the United States. Tibet alone -- the USA would have to invade and annex most or all of Canada before we'd manage to equal the PRC with Tibet.

You know what I love about the United States, we stick our scandals out on the cloth line for everyone to see. We let the world know we screwed up, and we allow all the details to be known. The same cannot be said for your China.

Do you want to know why no one knows the actual body count from Tianemen Square? It's because the Chinese government swept those figures, along with the bodies, under the rug to make China look better. You say around a hundred died while other media outlets say hundreds and even thousands.

You talk about prison scandals. I am guessing you are referring to Abu Ghraib. I will bet you my life that those soldiers were not under orders to do those things. There are sick people in the American society so there will be sick people in our Army. Lets not even begin to think of what goes on in China's prisons. The media is rarely let into those places, so we will never know what really goes on in there, except for the accounts of former prisoners who escape to the US or elsewhere.

the_13th_redneck said:
For starters they don't roll over unarmed students who are lying down in a square with armored vehicles.
That's a start.

U mean rolling over students?

All tanks stop for this student:

_165499_Copy_of_tiananmen_square_student_stops_tank_june1989_150.jpg

tiananmen.jpg

_1041188_tiananmenap150.jpg

tiananmen_tank_student.jpg

This is our Tiananmen Square:
tiananmeng2.jpg

The man carrying the plastic bag was not run over.
The students AT Tianemen Square were run over.
American soldiers' crimes in Korea or Japan are individual criminal cases. High command didn't order the GI to go out and rape a local girl. That is a different issue. It happens within the population, and it will happen from time to time with bad apples in the American military.
Abu Grahib, though it was unpopular, is nothing compared to the sort of stuff that happens elsewhere in the world. Did anyone even lose a limb? An eye? A tongue? No. They were given punishments that weren't any worse than a bad fraternity prank. Not cool, but not as bad as people try to tell you it is.

http://www.christusrex.org/www1/sdc/tiananmen.html

This link is evidence for China's crimes in Tianamen Square.

FlyingFrog said:
This is our Tiananmen Square:

I found some other pictures of Tiananmen Square too, but they are a little too graphic to be shown here. Google "Tiananmen Square" and "pictures" and you'll find some interesting pictures of the incident.

You know, in American, people are allowed to protest the government. Would anything like the anti war and anti Bush protests be allowed in china? Would the Chinese government allow 500,000 citizens to protest against the government?

People won't do that in China because they remember what went on at Tiananmen Square. I was only 10 at the time, but I remember seeing a video of bullets bounce off the pavement into a crowd of civilians on the 6pm news.

I was in Hong Kong, and I saw footage of armored vehicles going over some barriers and then heading straight at the students who were laying on the ground in protest. It was horrific stuff, but I'm glad I saw it. I can say it happened. I don't care what anyone else says about it because I saw it.
The footage was live.

I know that 500,000 citizens are allowed to protest against the governments in USA and UK like those anti-Iraq war demonstration.

Yet have you noticed that all those demonstrations have no effects at all, nothing was changed by your governments.

So left to me: what's use of those meaningless demonstrations?

FlyingFrog said:
So left to me: what's use of those meaningless demonstrations?

It is a right that the citizens of the United States has. Before the Revolutionary War, people were put in jail for speaking out against the government and the King. Freedom of speech and Freedom of the press were some of the issues that brought us to War with England. After the Revolutionary War, our forefathers included these rights in our Constitution. From time to time these rights have been stepped on, but they have remained for over 200 years.

The forefathers of the US thought that ever human being had those rights stated in the Bill of Rights. I guess you could call them human rights since every person has those rights.

The Chinese government does not believe in Freedom of the press or speech and that is why Chinese tanks and troops attacked the demonstrators at Tiananmen Square.

China's got an incredibly poor record on human rights, whether military or civilian.
I think it's rather silly you put up this thread.

The Chinese government does not believe in Freedom of the press or speech

Those "rights" are also written in Chinese constitutions. If you don't believe, you can have a look at it.

Therefore, saying "The Chinese government does not believe in Freedom of the press or speech" is baseless.

There's the plan, and there's the reality.

Things do not need to be written to be actual.
And things that are written aren't neccessarily actual.

the_13th_redneck said:
There's the plan, and there's the reality.

Things do not need to be written to be actual.
And things that are written aren't neccessarily actual.

Exactly. Now check the Iraq Prison issue again. Nice talking vs Cruel reality.

If some of the Chinese people here could step back and look at China from our perspective I think they would be shocked. We see 2 entirely different things. It's not their fault though, it's the media and government to blame.

Big_Z said:
If some of the Chinese people here could step back and look at China from our perspective I think they would be shocked. We see 2 entirely different things. Its not their fault though, its the media and government to blame.
Absolutely. I was fairly taken back when I read some of the posts, such venom directed towards the United States crimes, and such blatent digestion of Chinese propaganda when it comes to their own.

Therefore, saying "The Chinese government does not believe in Freedom of the press or speech" is baseless.
Read the Reporters san Frontieres (reporters without borders) annual report on China here.

And wikipedia's article on human rights in China, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_China.

Oh, and the invasion of Tibet was most definitely not an enlightenment.

Back