Human rights ( in military) - Page 6

--

November 16th, 2004  
MadeInChina

a waste of a weapon really, its like cooking by machiengunning a chicken
November 16th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Gets the job done for longer ranged defense positions.
November 16th, 2004  
MadeInChina

id perfer sniper, its quick and painless

the americans need to show sympathy for their enemy, cmon, ive seen worse things: napalm in action aginist infantry, the effects of cluster bombs on columns, the use of uranium shells, tanks vs infantry only

i think napalm should be banned, have u guy sseem the movie: we were soldiers
--
November 16th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Yes I have seen that movie.

The US has used TONS of snipers in Iraq, you can't always get a bead on a guy when he retracts into a building. Also, I thought napalm was already banned, I didn't know the US still used it....???
November 16th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision
the americans need to show sympathy for their enemy, cmon, ive seen worse things: napalm in action aginist infantry, the effects of cluster bombs on columns, the use of uranium shells, tanks vs infantry only

When have you seen any of this?
And about your point, why don't we just not train our troops at all and give them outdated and faulty equipment, just to make sure they don't have an unfair advantage over the enemy?
November 16th, 2004  
dougal

Last night I watch a show about the setting up of the frist Tibet soccer team. It was coached by a Denmark man in next to nothing conditions with no respect from people and cows all ver the non exsitent pitch.

But you had to admire the want of the players. It was arranged that they would play Greenland in also thier frist international soccer match in Denmark. But there was nothing but hassel for the players in trying to get visas to travel for India.

Then when they got to Denmark the whole match was in dought when the Chinese goverment would not let the match go ahead because the claimed that Tibet is still apart of China and could not play under a Tibet flag.

This was awful for two nations that never had a international team before
November 16th, 2004  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision

Snipers cannot stem an attack of a massed enemy force, period. Naplam. CBU'S, artillery can. That is why they are used.

LAAW's are used against Infantry in hardened positions bunkers etc. To use a LAAW against infantry in the open would have very little effect. Why because the LAAW contains a shape charge designed to punch thru barriers. It ain't a big grenade.

Depleted Uranium rounds for Tank Main guns and AFV 25MM OR 30MM guns and in aircraft guns. I'm all anything that takes the badguys armor assets out of action and keeps them from rolling up my position.

More Sympathy for the enemy? Will they display sympathy for me?
Doubtful.

I would not give up one thing that might save the life of a United States Service member. Just to make the rest of the world feel warm and fuzzy.

As Gen G.S. Patton said.
"No one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won the war by making the other poor SOB die for his!"
November 16th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC

I would not give up one thing that might save the life of a United States Service member. Just to make the rest of the world feel warm and fuzzy.
Amen.
November 16th, 2004  
Kane

Quote:
Depleted Uranium rounds for Tank Main guns and AFV 25MM OR 30MM guns and in aircraft guns. I'm all anything that takes the badguys armor assets out of action and keeps them from rolling up my position.
Well certainly.

Quote:

Snipers are the most terrifying thing yet I can tell you. It's like an instant Snap! and you and other guys look for cover in terror. SNipers are more worst psychologicaly.
November 16th, 2004  
A Can of Man

I don't know about DU rounds in cities though....