Hugo Chavez says Venezuela ready for war with Colombia

So we don't like Chavez, bad news chaps - we aren't Venezualan and as such we have no right to interfere in their politics. He will come a cropper soon, mainly due to the economic crash that the whole world is suffering. Amongst other things the falling oil prices diminish incoming revenue, coupled with lack of infrastructure investment means that he can only sustain his social reform for so long before the bill comes due. It is the Venezualan people that I really feel sorry for, they've got very little and will end up with even less.

Before Chavez Venezuala was one of the strongest most progressive , economically in the region. They had a good infrastructure that was being updated.

Your right it's the people of the country's choice, They voted for him. However if Hugo decides to quit rattling his saber and actually draw it in regards to Columbia then it becomes everyone's problem. That I believe is what is being discussed.

Yep, he's nationalising the banking system, soon there won't be anything left to nationalise, then he'll have to go on the offensive.

He's the typical protestor. He's a destroyer, not a builder. These people do not know HOW to build anything. They're awfully good at tearing things down which can be useful if you're trying to overthrow a ruthless dictator but once they come into power they will prove to be worse in that they actually don't know how to run a country whereas the previous dictator at least knew how to put food on the table.

I do believe at some point in the future Chavez will feel the heat at home and drive others mainly his military but public as well outward.

Chavez is following Castros plan. Steadly eating up private assets in the quest for a "Workers Paradise" (read dictatorship). He will if unchecked take a country that was emerging into a 1st world country down the path to 3rd world szhit hole...ala Cuba.

There are reports that he has allowed certain portions of his military to degrade, mainly his Special Operations Forces. There is a theory that he has allowed this to happen to protect himself from coups. After all as a Lt Col in the Parachute Infantry Hugo himself tried to stage a coup.

Back