Huffington Post: Desertion/Dessention rising

No we are not.
I will discuss this with you in private if you want my opinion.
//KJ.

OK, my apologies. We are not ALL military. But many of us are.

Why do we need to discuss this in private? Is this not a discussion board? Can we not have a discussion? Is this not a "Military Discussion?"

This is probably a bigger reason why it's getting harder and harder to fight wars and actually win.
I'm not putting my opinion on this here.
And I'd rather have articles like these not posted here either.

Huffington the person transformed from a Conservative Republican to Liberal Democrat, & I view comments from the source in that light.

OK, what the heck is so wrong with this article?

It is on every major military discussion board and has been commented on and discussed in depth.

Yes, it's crap. It's from HP - what does anyone expect?

But it is still worthy of comment.

Let me put it this way.
How many employees or former employees of Fragomen talk about the controversy their company underwent? Not much right? Certainly, I don't think they went around posting negative press about their work on the internet. If there were a few, there certainly weren't many.
How many employees of the major banks in America post articles about bad happenings within their own ranks and then discuss about it in an open forum?
Seriously.
If there's something wrong with your household, you discuss it and solve it behind closed doors. You don't open it up and let a whole bunch of people who don't understand how things work in there or are supposed to work in there in on it to say "oh look, they SUCK!"
Why do you think the Huffington Post even wrote this article? That's precisely what they wanted. Here, they got their hands on one guy and they've turned it into a news piece.
Over here, the TV news can be quite like that. They'll talk about how some indoor grills that use actual charcoal run the risk of CO2 poisoning blah blah blah. Is that real news? NO. Somebody who is competing against a restaurant that uses an indoor charcoal grill wants bad press so that he'll get the business instead. It's not real news.
I probably posted some BS like this a few years back but I think it's about time we knew a little better. Very few professional folks write detailed problems about their work place and paste it on the open forum, with the company name, branch and office published in full view. We shouldn't be doing that either.

I think this subject should be handeled behind closed doors.
If you want a discussion on one or more of the subjects/aspects of this article I think you have a better chance of that happening there?
Just a thought AZ. Hooah?

Back