How's the winter going around the globe??

Redleg

The fire is everything
Staff member
Here in the south/middle of Norway we got the first permanent snow about a week(+) ago.

It's 20-30 cm of snow here now, and I'm going on my first cross country ski trip today.. :D

The temperatures have been changing (a lot), from +10C two weeks ago, -25C some days ago, to a "nice" -10C today.. :)

So how's the winter going in your country??

Iowa, USA - We finally got our first snow yesterday, dropped about 3 inches in a couple of hours. This mornin it is 33 degrees F. Has been pretty nice otherwise, in the 40's.

Italy- it was still nice and warm as late as early november here. Cooling down now, but we still have no snow. It must be around 10- 13 °C.

Well....there WAS snow a little while ago...but it's gone now. Gotta love the weather in Québec.

Sunny So. California USA here. Freezing overnight, then warm during the day. Currently at almost 9:00am it is 46F/8C. Should be about 70F/21C by mid-day.

We have had quite a bit of snow in the local mountains.....enough to board or ski! Woo hoo!

Canadians are going soft, I went to school the other day in shorts and a T-shirt and everyone was calling me crazy....i swear, once your skin freezes you don't feel the cold anymore, it's quite refreshing.

10-17 C here, which is cold for us...Some rain in the past week. we got locust ....not really weather, but still...

Had this seasons first cross country ski trip today..

Put on my skies just outside the house, and went for an hour long trip in the woods..

-10C, and excellent skiing conditions..

Nice.. :D

It's funny, I so picture people in Norway doing that. Skiing here and there! I have a book that is one of my children's favorites, called "The Trouble with Trolls" it takes place in Norway...and the little girl skis everywhere....maybe that is where I got the image!

In Australia 1 DEC will be the start of summer( and we all know what that means) today the temp in Hobart will be 20C but in Sydney they are expecting 42C hot damn hot.

Courtenay said:
Sunny So. California USA here. Freezing overnight, then warm during the day. Currently at almost 9:00am it is 46F/8C. Should be about 70F/21C by mid-day.

We have had quite a bit of snow in the local mountains.....enough to board or ski! Woo hoo!

I concur :D . In myneck of the woods its not freezing overnight though. And yes we do bust out the sweaters at 65 degrees F.

Back