How's the weather?? :)

Redleg

The fire is everything
Staff member
I'm at work again now untill tomorrow, the camp is empty and nothing happens..

So I'm just wondering how your New Years weather was?? :D
(strange things happens in my head when I'm bored.....)

Here we had 26Celsius below zero, but not much snow. (15-20cm)
In the North of Norway, where I spent my christmas vacation it was -10C, and 1-1,5meters(!) of snow!

So how's the weather around the world now?? :D

I was in Buffalo New York for Christmas, we got about a half foot of snow (Yea another dumb American who cant use the metric system :D ) but it warmed up to about 50 degrees F by the time I left. Here in Baltimore it's rainy and in the 40s and 50s.

Here we've been having snow storms all week with 60-70 mph winds, with temperatures going down to about 9 Farenheit (-12.8 Celsius) and about three feet (~1 meter) of snow.

i am SOOOO glad i live in the desert of Arizona!! we haven't had ANY snow this year so far but we DO get it once in a while up here in Northern Arizona.

my opinion on snow---- :flamer: :cens:

I take it you're not a skier? :wink:
Around here we love the snow, but that's mainly because we're just coming out of about a 6 year drought, so any precipitation is more than welcomed.

I like to waterski but that's about it. I am a Truck Driver for a living now. and after driving truck all over the country, you learn to HATE snow.

Im a big skier, and love snow. Although warm weather is nice too, and long as it aint cold, windy and rainy Im preety happy.

Cold and snowy.. It was really fun..

Going out for a snow-ride, or to have a snow ball fight!!

Or just to lay down and rest for a half a hour in the snow!

I LOVE THE SNOW! :santa:

Personally I don't dislike snow that much, what I dislike about the winter is the cold. Right now here in Sweden where I live it's 15 Fahrenheit and such temperatures when you're out on a military exercise is not fun at all... so my opinion on the winter is also :flamer: :lol:

Nick42 said:
Personally I don't dislike snow that much, what I dislike about the winter is the cold. Right now here in Sweden where I live it's 15 Fahrenheit and such temperatures when you're out on a military exercise is not fun at all... so my opinion on the winter is also :flamer: :lol:

i totally agree with you..cold on a Military exercise really sucks.

Nick42 said:

:shock:

15F? That's nothing... :D I use T-shirts in 15F. 8)
Had several exercises in -25F and below... That's cold! :D

Last christmas, in the North of Norway, we had -33F..... :wink:

Damn, you got to see my hometown, guyontheright. I sure'd like to be in that weather right now. Florida's too frigging hot anytime of the year. It's at its coldest right around 30F, springtime back up in Buffalo. I miss the snow and cold. It lets me know I'm alive, the heat just makes everything so sluggish and rotting.

Provided I'm sufficiently bundled up enough that is, I'd sure rather be in the heat if I'm underclothed of coruse. :D

GuyontheRight said:
My mom keeps telling em ya'll dont use heat in your houses in Norway, is that true?

:viking: Norwegian Vikings :viking:

But I have to admit that we have to use some heat in our houses... :firedevi:

GuyontheRight said:
God I think Id freeze without heat. Your a much better man then I am Redleg

Nah..

I have the opposite problem than most of you here...
I can't stand too hot weather.... :?

Temeratures over 80F/30C is too much for me, I have to stay in the shade if it's that hot....

The worst we had in Lebanon was 130F/54C in the shade during the day, and 90F/32C as the lowest during the night!! :shock:

I'm with you Redleg, cold is better than hot. You can always bundle up more, but once you hit the birthday suit, there's not too much else you can take off to cool down. :lol:

Back