Howdy Ya'll!

Mwashu

Yo. I was told I ought to introduce myself, so here goes:

Now, I'm a bit young, so everybody who reads this, remember it. You'll br proud to say you knew me BEFORE I got rich and famous. ^_^ I'm 16 - 17 in October - and I'm the Battalion Commander of my Army JROTC unit in High School. I'm a senior, and right now I'm trying to get a nomination into West Point. I've also applied for the ROTC Scholarship, so either way, I'm gonna be an officer in the Army.

I really like the military. I'm a Navy brat, and kinda liked the moving around. I think I'm better for it, and totally look forward to moving around during my actual career. ^_^ The only hard part will be being away from my boyfriend, which I ought to introduce since you'll be hearing about him a lot from me.

He graduated two years ago and joined his first Battalion as an Airborne Ranger last week. He's an 11B. He went to Basic Training on Sand Hill at Ft. Benning, went directly to Airborne School after that, still at Ft. Benning. Then maybe a week after finishing Airborne School, headed over to RIP, still at Benning. Now he's stationed there, which is perfectly fine with me since his other option would have been Washington State and I'm still here in Florida. His brother is Army, and his father is retired Navy.

I found this place surfin' the web lookin' for a motto for my company. I generally like forums, and this one definitly got my attention. I think it's a really cool idea, and though I feel a bit rookie since I'm not even military - or adult - yet, I'm still gonna hang around and check things out. So, yeah. Kudos. ^_^

Hey, you seem to fit in with alot of people here, we got alot of 15-18 year olds in JROTC and cadet positions like yourself, so you should feel right at home. Your BF sounds like a badass, is he in the 75th RGT? :rambo:

Welcome. West Point is an excellent school, and has helped start the mold on many fine young officers. You seem serious and dedicated to your goals, I wish you the best of luck in accomplishing them. Remember to never quit.

Your boyfriend deserves a congratulations and a welcome to the family. I got my roots in the US Army serving with the 75th. Even though I moved from the 75th on to other things, to this day I can still find common ground with Rangers new and old. It is an excellent brotherhood to be a part of. I wish him well, and tell him not to worry .. the Spec4 mafia can't take away his birthday. :twisted:

Welcome.

Good to have you. Sounds like you have great plans and goals. Good luck to getting into West Point and keep your head up. :D

Hey, thanks guys. GuyontheRight, my bf'd laugh to hear that. He tries to be a badass. ^_^ Yeah, he's 75th. I'm not sure what Spec4 is, but from the stories he's heard, I think I have an idea. Poor babe. And thanks for the kudos for West Point. I just found out another classmate of mine is going for a nomination, too. I hope I get in, so bad.

Hehe. Yes, I know. ROTC is my back up plan, but if I don't get into West Point right away, I'm gonna keep trying 'til I'm too old to apply anymore. When I get my heart set on something, I'm not too keen on letting go. That, and I know I'd want ROTC, I just have no clue what college I would go to. Heh... Any suggestions? :lol:

Well, Im looking at ROTC in the Southeastern United States, and I know whats been most important to me is finding a university with a high quality History program, as well somplace I can play tennis at. I used to think Id like to try for West Point, but I honestly could not take the lifestyle youd have to accept there. Who do you plan on getting as your congressional sponsor?

Welcome! I hope you are good in Math, because I always have lots of math homework!

[haha, so my welcoming theme of the day is talkin about my homework... YES!]

CrazyCadet142 said:
Welcome! I hope you are good in Math, because I always have lots of math homework!

[haha, so my welcoming theme of the day is talkin about my homework... YES!]

Hehe. Actually, I'm not too bad in the math subject I happen to be taking at the time, but I tend to forget it 'til next time I take math. Heh.

To GuyontheRight: I've applied to everyone. Both Senators and the Representative from my district. So which ever one decides to take an interest in me shall be my sponser. ^_^

Good luck on finding the right college. I love history class, myself, when I pay attention to them. I really devoted myself to my US History class last year and was amazed by how much I actually learned and how fun and interesting it was to learn about that stuff. ^_^

Back