Howdy from Washington state

keeneagle

Born in Boone, Iowa. My Dad was in the Army for 26 years which provided me a great learning experience as we traveled. Lived in Iowa, Missouri, France, California and finally Georgia. In France, we were stationed at Verdun. It was really quite exciting as that was where my Grandfather fought during the Battle of the Muese Argonne Forest in WW I. We actually visited some of the battlefields he had described to us before we moved there. My Dad was in the Military Police while there and was selected to participate in the selection of the Unknown Solider for WW II in 1958. (A really neat experience).

Upon graduation from Baker HS in Columbus, GA in 1962, I enlisted in the US Air Force serving in the following units: (1962), 3708 BMTS (Drum & Bugle Sq), Lackland AFB, TX; (1962 65), 97th Combat Defense Force, Blytheville AFB, AR; (1965 68), 3902 Security Police Sq. (SPS) (Strategic Air Command Elite Guard & Drill Team), Offutt AFB, NB; (1968 69), 6175th Radio Relay Sq, Kunsan AB, Korea; (1969 72), 6950th Security Group, Royal Air Force (RAF) Chicksands, England; (1972 73), 6970th Security Gp, (Enlisted Aide to Director, National Security Agency, Ft Meade, MD; (1973 75), HQ, AF Systems Command (Enlisted Aide to Commander AFSC), Andrews AFB, MD; (1975 76), 1001st SPS (National Emergency Airborne Command Post (NEACP) Security, Andrews AFB, MD; (1976 77), 743rd Aircraft Control & Warning Sq., Campion AFS, Alaska; (1977 80), 81st SPS, RAF Woodbridge-Bentwaters, England; (1980 88), 341st Security Police Group; 341 SPS First Sergeant, 342 Missile Security Sq (MSS), 343 MSS, Malmstrom AFB, MT; I retired in September 1988 with 26 years active duty as a Senior Master Sergeant (E-8).

I met my future wife, Laura, in 1962 at my first duty assignment in Blytheville, Arkansas and were married in 1964. We celebrated our 46th anniversary June 6, 2010.

I was an Air/Security Policeman for most of my career, but spent three years on a special duty assignment as an Enlisted Aide to the Director, National Security Agency and the Commander, Air Force Systems Command. While assigned as an aide, I attended the US Army Quartermaster Enlisted Aide School where I was the Distinguished Graduate in a class of 24.

I also had a special duty assignment as a Flight Security Supervisor for the National Emergency Airborne Command Post (NEACP). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_E-4B

After we retired, we moved to Washington (state) where we currently reside. Had a variety of neat jobs but decided to take early social security in 2006.

I am also a 30+ year member of Toastmasters International and have received my 5th Distinguished Toastmaster Award. If you want to know more, I invite you to check out toastmasters.org for more information on this neat organization.

Very welcome

Honored to meet you sir.
You seem to have lead a very interesting life. To be honest, I got jealous while reading it.
I thank you so much for your service Sir.

Welcome to the forum.

Back