How Is Your Knowledge of Geography???

Courtenay

The Olymics in Athens may be over, but the Olympics on the Internet are never over -- the Geography Olympics that is. Click over to GeographyOlympics.com and you can help your country compete against the rest of the world by taking an online geography quiz. You have 200 seconds to identify 10 countries on a map.

GeographyOlympics.com

You got good ones. I was averaging 8 out of 10. Several times though, I got countries that I had ZERO clue about. It's tough huh?

Yeah well ... it happens.
As long as you have a good knowledge of the reasonably well known countries you should be okay.
I'm a Geography major (the major where a disproportionately large amounts of graduates end up working for DoD) and I'll tell you it's hardly that important compared to other things in Geography.
I'd say that an extensive Geographic study is absolutely fundamental for military. It involves physical, human (and cultural) and also purely military geography. This area of study has military pretty much written all over it.

Got everything but Guinea-Baseau. Still don't know where the heck that is. You can't see the world map well enough to spot Pacific Island nations of course; which is annoying.

I had a terrible time last time I logged in there. I think I only got three of them right. They were all places that I had NEVER heard of, little less knew where to start on the map!

That quiz heavily relies on the Golden Coast of Africa with all of its tiny nations, newly created nations in Europe and elsewhere, and the fact that picking the right island in a lousy map of the Ocean is tricky to say the least.

I'm the Lord of Geography instead. Been memorizing all the world's countries and capitals since a was like 8 or 9.
Guinea Bissau is situated below Senegal, on the westernmost tip of Africa.
Just ask the boss!

I met one African bloke who memorized every score and goalscorer in the history of the World Cup, and knew most scores of the Euro tournament,
Champions League, etc.
Also some South America tournament scores and stuff.
Animal.
Memorizing countries yeah that can come in handy but memorizing all the scores and scorers?
Whatever floats his boat I guess.

Italian Guy said:
I'm the Lord of Geography instead. Been memorizing all the world's countries and capitals since a was like 8 or 9.
Guinea Bissau is situated below Senegal, on the westernmost tip of Africa.
Just ask the boss!

Back