How are y'all?

Swizzled

Hey everyone the names Jon. So little about myself is I tried joining the army at 20 and didn't fully commit the idea until I was 21. When I was a week from shipping to boot camp as a 13Bravo (Field Artillery) I tore my ACL and had to get medically discharged for the time being. I didn't want to tell him but my mom's new boyfriend who was a Chief Warrant Officer 3rd Rank told me to be honest so I did. Well I kinda put the idea off thinking I was done and never could achieve it. So I got married moved around jobs and new have a new house and wife. With all that so far I recently striked the Idea of wanting to still join but as much as I want to commit full time I can't due to the wife and house. My wife doesn't want me to join saying its selfish but it's been my dream since I was a boy watching war movies with my dad. Wanting to fill that hole I've had in my life since then and still have. I wanted to fill it with the honor and respect of knowing I served my country and defended it against all who threaten it. I'm not some show boater but I just wanted it and still want to do it. But which strikes my problem now. Been 3 almost 4 years since ACL surgery and I wanted to try an go for Marine Reserves but don't know my chances of getting a medical waiver for it and them actually accepting me in. But anyways I'm Jon an I'm 24 will be 25 in Jan. Only 3 years left till I can enlist.

You're 4 year younger an me. Yourse 1990's and I am 1986's.

Same like my cousin from same town in Sweden him and you.

Welcome to the forums!

Welcome, if you a start a thread dedicated to this problem I'm sure many of us on here can give you solid advice.

Back