How Would You Solve the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict?

But you can trust a regime that has kicked, beaten and murdered their way into the world's record book for condemnatory UN resolutions?

Ahh,.. your brilliant logic staggers belief,... and some people would say that man's intelligence and cognitive power is supposedly improving.

You must be "the exception that proves the rule". :lol:

I don't really agree with any of you. I do believe there are a good deal of Israelis that want peace.

You are also forgetting the facts that terrorism is not acceptable as defensive strategy to western nations. If I was to support Palestine, I will still be supporting a group who beats and murders people who oppose them. Do not forget also that they do get U.N resolutions against them as well. No matter who you support in this world (exception of the real peaceful nations), you will still be supporting a regime who murders and beat on people.

I support my country, yet it has a lot of blood on its hands, whether the intentions were for good or ill.

If you want to shoot logic, then make sure your point is solid.

I don't really agree with any of you. I do believe there are a good deal of Israelis that want peace.
There are, but they are only interested in a "conditional" peace, where they get the Palestinian's land and possessions, and the Palestinians get to live like dogs in the scraps of land that the Israelis don't want. As I keep saying no one cares what you "think", the visible evidence is what we are interested in. I might "think" that the moon is made of recycled Matzoh, but unfortunately the evidence makes it highly unlikely. You need to grow up, get a grip on reality and stop living in your own little dream world for five minutes.

I don't "shoot" it, I use it, and what I was saying is, that you obviously do not, for the reason quoted.

I support my country, yet it has a lot of blood on its hands, whether the intentions were for good or ill.
Yeah, you have lots of good company, like Heinrich Himmler, Rudolph Hoess and Fritz Sauckel etc., they were the same as yourself, unfortunately for them it didn't help them escape the noose. If you are proud to announce that you have the morality of an animal, you will be treated like one.

Last edited:

You are also forgetting the facts that terrorism is not acceptable as defensive strategy to western nations. If I was to support Palestine, I will still be supporting a group who beats and murders people who oppose them. Do not forget also that they do get U.N resolutions against them as well. No matter who you support in this world (exception of the real peaceful nations), you will still be supporting a regime who murders and beat on people.

Rayman

The Palestinians are not angels either, that's true, and if you look careful nobody here is defending terrorist actions. We do understand there desire to resist oppression. My grand uncle was a French resistance fighter, were he still alive they would be behind the Palestineans 100%.

The war might seem tit for tat, If you look at the numbers there are far more innocent Palestinians killed by Isreal military and paramilitaries (whom the government turns a blind eye to). Palestinian farmers have been gunned down by settlers for just working in their fields.

The fact is, the Palestinians have a legitimate grievance. Isreal stole (and continues to steal) their land. The borders were clearly defined in 1967, and Israeli has seized land not entitled to them nor recognized by anyone INCLUDING the USA. Israelis excuse for taking this land is Judaic law, recognized by no one except for radical extremists.

In the last infidata (3 years ago), there were 1500 Palestinian civilians killed (actual non-combatants), 200 of which were under the age of 15. There were 50 Israelis. Whose at greater fault? And don't try the collateral damage excuse, that's precisely the excuse given by bin laden about the 3000 people he murdered during 9-11.

And don't let the propaganda fool you either, the Israelis are just as indiscriminate about killing innocents as Hamas is.

For example, 10 years ago there was a Hamas leader the IDF was keen to neutralize. And there was no question, they guy was a legitament military target. They finally managed to locate him inside a apartment complex inside a busy civilian neighborhood. To get him they dropped a 500lb laser guided bomb on the building. The killed the terrorist and also 20 other innocent people who were not members of Hamas, but who simply lived there.

And people in the US wonder how someone could strap on bomb and detonate it in a crowded place. I can tell you why: its someone with absolutely nothing to lose anymore and who is very pissed off.

You cannot commit these types of atrocities and then cry on TV of how much you are a victim like Israel does whenever there is a TV camera nearby. People have been sent to La Hague for war-crimes and human rights abuses for far less than that.

Last edited:
There are, but they are only interested in a "conditional" peace, where they get the Palestinian's land and possessions, and the Palestinians get to live like dogs in the scraps of land that the Israelis don't want. As I keep saying no one cares what you "think", the visible evidence is what we are interested in. I might "think" that the moon is made of recycled Matzoh, but unfortunately the evidence makes it highly unlikely. You need to grow up, get a grip on reality and stop living in your own little dream world for five minutes.

So the Jews working with B'Tselem, Derech Hachlama, Israeli sports officials, Project developer Bashar Masri and others to help the Palestinians are in fact not interested in their well being?

RaymanThe war might seem tit for tat, If you look at the numbers there are far more innocent Palestinians killed by Isreal military and paramilitaries (whom the government turns a blind eye to). Palestinian farmers have been gunned down by settlers for just working in their fields.

It's quite normal for the stronger side to inflict greater damage to the weaker one. Settler attacks on Palestinians are becoming a problem but the Israeli government tries to do something about it. (Israeli Court Orders Evacuation Of West Bank Settlement)

The fact is, the Palestinians have a legitimate grievance. Isreal stole (and continues to steal) their land. The borders were clearly defined in 1967, and Israeli has seized land not entitled to them nor recognized by anyone INCLUDING the USA. Israelis excuse for taking this land is Judaic law, recognized by no one except for radical extremists.

That's not completely true. The borders were not defined in 1967 but in 1949 during the 1949 Armistice Agreements. But those agreements were clear (at Arab insistence) that they were not creating permanent borders.
I myself am in favor of the 1967 (1949) borders but Israel has a point and they did not steal land from the Palestinians. The region Palestine was divided by the UN in 2 parts. Israel accepted, the Palestinians didn't. After the war of 1948 Jordan (illegally) annexed the West Bank and Egypt took control of the Gaza strip. Jordan ceded its claims to the West Bank to the PLO in 1988 and Egypt the Gaza strip in 1993. Both territories were occupied by Israel after the 1967 war. United Nations Security Council Resolution 242 adopted in the aftermath of the Six Day War does not mention Palestine nor PLO. The Oslo accords gave partial control of the West Bank and Gaza strip to the PLO. This is all very compicated and even among International Lawyers there is a dispute wether the settlements are legal or illegal because of the allotment of the land. Is it Palestinian or no-mans land.

In the last infidata (3 years ago), there were 1500 Palestinian civilians killed (actual non-combatants), 200 of which were under the age of 15. There were 50 Israelis. Whose at greater fault? And don't try the collateral damage excuse, that's precisely the excuse given by bin laden about the 3000 people he murdered during 9-11.

What intifada are you talking about? The last one was the second intifada and ended in 2005.

And don't let the propaganda fool you either, the Israelis are just as indiscriminate about killing innocents as Hamas is.

I disagree. For the IDF it is very difficult to distinguish civilians from militants because both of them wear civilian clothes (The parties to a conflict must at all times distinguish between the civilian population and combatants in order to spare the civilian population and civilian property - The essential rules of international humanitarian law)

For example, 10 years ago there was a Hamas leader the IDF was keen to neutralize. And there was no question, they guy was a legitament military target. They finally managed to locate him inside a apartment complex inside a busy civilian neighborhood. To get him they dropped a 500lb laser guided bomb on the building. The killed the terrorist and also 20 other innocent people who were not members of Hamas, but who simply lived there.

It's illegal but many armies all over the world would have done the same.

And people in the US wonder how someone could strap on bomb and detonate it in a crowded place. I can tell you why: its someone with absolutely nothing to lose anymore and who is very pissed off.

Or brainwashed. Do not forget that most suicide bombers are brainwashed or manipulated.

You cannot commit these types of atrocities and then cry on TV of how much you are a victim like Israel does whenever there is a TV camera nearby. People have been sent to La Hague for war-crimes and human rights abuses for far less than that.

Give an example please.

VDKMS

1. You can't even both ways. Israel wants to be the aggressor AND the victim. And as you point out its not exactly a fair contest, with fully armed Isreali troops on one side and unarmed Palestinian civilians on the other.

2. That's Legalese technobabble to avoid admitted guilt. Those Treaties could be interpreted a number of different ways, although its interesting that nobody else in the world accepts the Isreali interpretation of what was really meant in 1967. The world accepted opinion was the lines drawn up in 1967 was the border, you wont find too many outside Israel who would disagree with that today.

But more to the point, there is simple logic. When you evict at gunpoint the local people living there and install your own people in their place is THEFT in any persons common dictionary. And its a matter of record that is precisely what happened. It was THEFT when the Germans did the same exact thing to the Poles in what once was Eastern Prussia 1939 (and Germany didnt recognize the Polish border either) and its still theft today.

3. I am talking about the violence that took place in December 2008 - January 2009 which some people call the 3rd infidata.

4. Again, the common excuse of war criminals to justify their actions. The Japanese and German made the same claim when they were butchering Chinese and Slav Peasants in the 1940s, (they couldn't tell the difference between civilians and partisans). that didn't fly then anymore than it does today. The allies hanged them for it.

Moreover, there has been more than one instance of IAF pilots refusing to carry out airstrikes on civilian targets because they viewed such attacks as war crimes. So when you got members of your own military refusing to carry out orders because they fear they might be committing atrocities what does that tell you about the government that orders such attacks?

5. In 3rd world countries run by despots, yes. Not in any civilized country. Even in America, a deliberate and reckless attack on civilians specifically ordered by the White House would almost certainly result in an impeachment charge against the President no matter who he was. You don't use a cannon to kill a mosquito, and that incident I mentioned was criticized around the world (including by President Bill Clinton) as a reckless heavy handed response.

6. And do you know how they became brainwashed into doing suicide attacks? Its always because they were desperate and pissed off. I have seen articles about how such candidates are recruited. Sane, happy people don't become suicide bombers. The recruiters are ALWAYS people with nothing else to live for, and when you have been living under occupation for 40 years there are a lot of candidates. If life were better of the Palestinians they wouldn't be lining up to be suicide bombers.

7. The Serbs commanders like Gladic and Milosevic. They committed terrible atrocities but they didn't go whine on TV about how bad the Croats and the Bosnians were acting as a justification. They killed far fewer Civilians in total that the Isrealis (estimated at 1.5 million since 1948) have and they have been tried and convicted in La Hague.

Last edited:
So the Jews working with B'Tselem, Derech Hachlama, Israeli sports officials, Project developer Bashar Masri and others to help the Palestinians are in fact not interested in their well being?
I'm guessing that you are implying the B'Tselem etc., are interested in the Palestinian's welfare as part of the Israeli population? Yes, they are, just as I am, and they do it to make the world aware of the atrocities being committed in their name just as any civilised person would. No doubt they realise that one day, heads will roll because of it and they want no part in a similar guilt trip that Jews in general have laid at the feet of the remainder of the world, for ignoring the plight of European Jews during the Nazi era.

Unfortunately these group's power and influence, is only applicable outside of Israel, and because of that, they play no practical part in the answer that you you quoted.

I'm sure you were aware of that.

Last edited:

Since you believe the Palestinians has a right to use violence to get Israel out, there is no point in stating that Palestine is doing a "conditional" peace as well.

Every country attempts to make conditional settlements.

I don't "shoot" it, I use it, and what I was saying is, that you obviously do not, for the reason quoted.

I disagree entirely.

Yeah, you have lots of good company, like Heinrich Himmler, Rudolph Hoess and Fritz Sauckel etc., they were the same as yourself, unfortunately for them it didn't help them escape the noose. If you are proud to announce that you have the morality of an animal, you will be treated like one.

I think you fail to see what I mean by "support my country but not its actions". I support my country into what I believe is the right path. I am not going to support everything it does and of course will critisize it, but it will have my backing as my country (not particularly on the subject I disagree with though).

Rayman

The Palestinians are not angels either, that's true, and if you look careful nobody here is defending terrorist actions. We do understand there desire to resist oppression. My grand uncle was a French resistance fighter, were he still alive they would be behind the Palestineans 100%.

The war might seem tit for tat, If you look at the numbers there are far more innocent Palestinians killed by Isreal military and paramilitaries (whom the government turns a blind eye to). Palestinian farmers have been gunned down by settlers for just working in their fields.

Terrorism was defended by Seno and Monty, as they say they see it as within Palestinians right to defense.

As VDKMS said, the stronger side usually have less casulties and inflict more on their enemies. I am not determining "terrorist acts" by numbers, but by the goal of the attack. Palestinians deliberately aim for civillians with no consequences if they somehow escape to their country (even if officials knew about it). That is in fact the reason why Osama's excuse of 9/11 being called collateral damage is faulty.

I can't say much about the Israel bombing HVT though... I don't agree with it, but you must know many countries do in fact (or will if they could) do the same thing. U.S may critisize that, but our use of Predator Drones makes it contradicting if another country does it.

As I said before, you can get lost in the legality of this issue. There are many expert lawyers who can not agree whether Palestine has any more legitimate claim than Israel do. I, however, do agree with the 1967 borders and that Israel should give back that land (whether they built settlements on it or not).

"And people in the US wonder how someone could strap on bomb and detonate it in a crowded place. I can tell you why: its someone with absolutely nothing to lose anymore and who is very pissed off." ---- MMARSH

To use the word "wonder" in that sentence is making it seem like U.S citizens do not understand why they are doing it. We all know why they are doing that; the fact is, it is despicable, undefendable, and pitiful.

Last edited:
Since you believe the Palestinians has a right to use violence to get Israel out, there is no point in stating that Palestine is doing a "conditional" peace as well.
In the case of the Palestinians, they have a a legal and moral right to impose conditions, as they are the victims. Violence in that case is not a condition anyway, it is the only method of removing an aggressive occupier. Hence the law that states as a home owner you have the right to use such force as is necessary to protect yourself and your home. We've been through all this before haven't we,...

I disagree entirely.
But of course you have already clearly demonstrated that you are completely devoid of any moral or logical reasoning.

I think you fail to see what I mean by "support my country but not its actions". I support my country into what I believe is the right path. I am not going to support everything it does and of course will critisize it, but it will have my backing as my country (not particularly on the subject I disagree with though).

You said
This clearly states that you support your country doing ill,.. now you are trying to say that you don't support it's ill intent. You can't have it both ways.

Do you really know what you think? I don't think so... This is the trouble you get when you want to believe in something that you know to be wrong, and will not admit it to others.
Terrorism was defended by Seno and Monty, as they say they see it as within Palestinians right to defense.
Now that is an outright lie.

If you care to look, what I said was, "defending what is rightfully yours by any means, is not terrorism". I did not defend terrorism.

You are learning someone else's bad habits trying to distort what is said to suit your argument. This legal principle is upheld under common law, and is the basis for such laws as those that allow you to defend yourself using such force as is necessary. This however does not apply to an assailant. This is another thing that we have been through before isn't it?....

Last edited:
Hence the law that states as a home owner you have the right to use such force as is necessary to protect yourself and your home. We've been through all this before haven't we,...

But of course you have already clearly demonstrated that you are completely devoid of any moral or logical reasoning.

that first part is only true in certain areas and to a certain extent. I am not going to debate morality or logic with you, as you don't seem to know that morality is an opinion of what is right or wrong. Unless you were to get a majority against my opinions of morality, then you can't say I am devoid of morality and even if you had a majority, it don't mean your actually right.

You saidThis clearly states that you support your country doing ill,.. now you are trying to say that you don't support it's ill intent. You can't have it both ways.

You are just misinterpreting it; a good point of how words can be twisted (purposely or not) quite easily. I noticed you didn't bolden the whole statement, which actually twists what I said into a negative statement. Read the whole thing, I am using past tense btw. You can support your country, but not agree with everything it does, you know what I mean?

The way you say it is like: "my way or the highway" and "if your not with me, your against me", things I do not agree with.

Do you really know what you think? I don't think so... This is the trouble you get when you want to believe in something that you know to be wrong, and will not admit it to others.

I have not contradicted myself yet to not know what I think.

Now that is an outright lie

If you care to look, what I said was, "defending what is rightfully yours by any means, is not terrorism". I did not defend terrorism.

You are learning someone else's bad habits trying to distort what is said to suit your argument. This legal principle is upheld under common law, and is the basis for such laws as those that allow you to defend yourself using such force as is necessary. This however does not apply to an assailant. This is another thing that we have been through before isn't it?....

Seno, in the eyes of most people and by the english definition of "terrorism", their acts are still terrorism... Therefore I have not lied... your defending terrorism; you just don't believe it is terrorism even though facts state otherwise. See how words can be turned on someone? To say this once again; terrorism is not defined by why it is being done, but by its actions. Do you think the U.N would of helped Libya get rid of Ghaddafi if they were using terrorism just because they seen it as their way to defend themselves?

I believe the Jewish terrorism came about to protect themselves from Arab attacks, yet you dismiss this and call it terrorism, but is willing to defend Palestinian terrorists (they are terrorist whether you like it or not). I still call them terrorists even though I consider their (the Jewish organizations) acts as defense.

Yes, that is true, we have went through that. We disagreed on it as well. Assailants still have a right to defend themselves was what I said (it was about Israel's raid on the flotillia). I have told you about times when assailants actually pressed charges against defenders, right? If you disarm your assailant, there is no more need of force unless you still can not either escape or subdue them. Once your assailant is diarmed, you are not allowed to do more than call the police or run away (in certain states). If someone is defenseless, no lethal force is necessary, this is where terrorism and outright murder is applied (even if this person invaded your home).

Last edited:
that first part is only true in certain areas and to a certain extent. I am not going to debate morality or logic with you, as you don't seem to know that morality is an opinion of what is right or wrong. Unless you were to get a majority against my opinions of morality, then you can't say I am devoid of morality and even if you had a majority, it don't mean your actually right.
Morality is just an opinion? You are an idiot, if that were so, there would not be any such thing as morality as everyone would justify whatever they wanted to, by claiming that it was right "in their opinion". As the Nazis attempted to do, It didn't work for them and it won't work for you. We've been through all this before haven't we,... you are just going around in circles.

You are just misinterpreting it; a good point of how words can be twisted (purposely or not) quite easily. I noticed you didn't bolden the whole statement, which actually twists what I said into a negative statement.
I bolded the part that we were debating, to show you that you could not deny you said it. Reading it in it's entirety makes absolutely no difference to the fact that you said you support your country "Whether it intentions were good or ill"

The way you say it is like: "my way or the highway" and "if your not with me, your against me", things I do not agree with.
How many times do I have to say it. No one cares what you say you "think" we are debating the facts.

I have not contradicted myself yet to not know what I think.
Bullsh!t! You clearly stated you supported your country "whether it's intention was for good or ill" then attempted to weasel out of it.

Seno, in the eyes of most people and by the english definition of "terrorism", their acts are still terrorism... Therefore I have not lied...
Do you deny that you posted this statement?
Terrorism was defended by Seno and Monty, ---snip---
Nowhere have I defended terrorism. I have stated that defending oneself or one's country by any means necessary is not terrorism, and that principle is upheld in law. You lied, and you attempted to put words in my mouth. Nor for that matter can I find where MontyB has ever defended terrorism.

Last edited:
VDKMS

1. You can't even both ways. Israel wants to be the aggressor AND the victim. And as you point out its not exactly a fair contest, with fully armed Isreali troops on one side and unarmed Palestinian civilians on the other.

Palestinians are not unarmed. They have thousands of rockets, AK47's, RPG's and even laser guided Kornet anti tank weapons.

2. That's Legalese technobabble to avoid admitted guilt. Those Treaties could be interpreted a number of different ways, although its interesting that nobody else in the world accepts the Isreali interpretation of what was really meant in 1967. The world accepted opinion was the lines drawn up in 1967 was the border, you wont find too many outside Israel who would disagree with that today.

Most treaties can be interpreted differently, especially when there are translations involved. As I said before, not all international laywers thinks the same about that. We'll have to wait until there's a peace agreement to know how all that turns out.
The 1967 borders that the international community agrees on are in fact the 1949 borders of the Armistice Agreement.

But more to the point, there is simple logic. When you evict at gunpoint the local people living there and install your own people in their place is THEFT in any persons common dictionary. And its a matter of record that is precisely what happened. It was THEFT when the Germans did the same exact thing to the Poles in what once was Eastern Prussia 1939 (and Germany didnt recognize the Polish border either) and its still theft today.

Not all Arabs (Palestinians) were evicted at gunpoint. No one can give the exact figures because they were never recorded. There were people who stayed, left before the ware (some informed about it others not), left because of the ware, expelled. Others returned.
About the theft. The Jews did not attack. They were attacked by Palestinian irregulars and several Arab armies. Only a few years after the massacres of WWII they had to fight again for their survival. Ever thought what would have happend to the Jews if they would have lost the war?
The Treaty of Versailles included : All German properties in foreign countries are confiscated. Did France or other allies gave those properties back to the Germans? After WWII etnic Germans living in eastern europe were expelled and their properties confiscated by the Russians. Is that also theft?

3. I am talking about the violence that took place in December 2008 - January 2009 which some people call the 3rd infidata.

No problem :)

4. Again, the common excuse of war criminals to justify their actions. The Japanese and German made the same claim when they were butchering Chinese and Slav Peasants in the 1940s, (they couldn't tell the difference between civilians and partisans). that didn't fly then anymore than it does today. The allies hanged them for it.

You cannot compare the atricities by the Nazies and the Japs with the Israeli and Arab ones.

Moreover, there has been more than one instance of IAF pilots refusing to carry out airstrikes on civilian targets because they viewed such attacks as war crimes. So when you got members of your own military refusing to carry out orders because they fear they might be committing atrocities what does that tell you about the government that orders such attacks?

The Israeli army has radars that can more or less pinpoint where a Palestinian Rocket or mortar was fired from. Within hours a retaliation (mostly by planes) follows. If the pilots see that it is a pure civilian target they will not attack. Just as Nato pilots did in Libya. Of cource mistakes can and do happen.
If Israel wants to inflict civilian casualties on purpose then there would have been far more casualties.

5. In 3rd world countries run by despots, yes. Not in any civilized country. Even in America, a deliberate and reckless attack on civilians specifically ordered by the White House would almost certainly result in an impeachment charge against the President no matter who he was. You don't use a cannon to kill a mosquito, and that incident I mentioned was criticized around the world (including by President Bill Clinton) as a reckless heavy handed response.

Protocol I, Article 52, defines a legitimate military target as one “which by [its] nature, location, purpose, or use makes an effective contribution to military action and whose total or partial destruction, capture or neutralization, in the circumstances ruling at the time, offers a definite military advantage.” Any attack requires that it be justified, in the first place, by military necessity. However, no object may be attacked if damage to civilians and civilian objects would be excessive when compared to that advantage. And if there are doubts whether a normally civilian facility is contributing to military action, the object is presumed to be civilian.
To the Israelis the killing of that leader was propably worth the civilian casualties.

6. And do you know how they became brainwashed into doing suicide attacks? Its always because they were desperate and pissed off. I have seen articles about how such candidates are recruited. Sane, happy people don't become suicide bombers. The recruiters are ALWAYS people with nothing else to live for, and when you have been living under occupation for 40 years there are a lot of candidates. If life were better of the Palestinians they wouldn't be lining up to be suicide bombers.

I guess you have never seen Hamas' promotion videos featuring armed children? If you think that recruiters are allways people with nothing else to live for then read this article: Child suicide bombers in the Israeli–Palestinian conflict (Most suicide bombers in the Middle East are chosen as teenagers, “educated,” and then sent off to perform their duty when they are in their late teens or early to mid-twenties.)

7. The Serbs commanders like Gladic and Milosevic. They committed terrible atrocities but they didn't go whine on TV about how bad the Croats and the Bosnians were acting as a justification. They killed far fewer Civilians in total that the Isrealis (estimated at 1.5 million since 1948) have and they have been tried and convicted in La Hague.

Where in the hell did you get that figure of 1.5 million killed?
From 1948 until 2009 14.500 Palestinians and Israelies were killed. Look here Fatalities 1948-present and more detailed (including attacking Arab armies) here Mid-Range Wars and Atrocities of the Twentieth Century

Clifford May, a Scripps Howard News writer, has an editorial in today’s paper - UNDERSTANDING THE PALESTINIAN QUESTION.

The article basically (as I read it) outlines that the Palestinian problem, from their side, is influenced primarily by Hama’s (the Iranian backed Muslim Brotherhood group) and Fatah and the Palestinian Authority. He points out that these groups have their own agendas and these do not necessarily advance the Palestinian people.

He ends his article saying “Despite all this (evidence of agendas adverse to the Palestine people), many people persist in the belief that the main obstacle to settling the continuing Palestinian/Israeli conflict is Israeli intransigence, the unwillingness of Israeli leaders to “take risks for peace”. Such delusions are perhaps unavoidable when a “peace process” is predicated not on solid history and observable reality but on myth, wishful thinking and willful blindness.”

“What would be an alternative? To say straightforwardly to the Palestinians: If you want to develop as a nation and live in a state of your own, we will support you. But there is a price to pay: You must be willing to compromise and make peace with the Israelis who will be your neighbors. If, however, it is not Palestine to which you are dedicated but to a new anti-Western caliphate and of building a Palestinian state is less important to you than ‘obliterating’ the State of Israel, you’re on your own.”

“What happens after that would be for Palestinians to decide - and history to record.”

“It is desirable to be free if you can. It is natural that the stronger power will subject the weaker. These are not matters of right or wrong but of logic, cost, and benefit.” THE LIMITS OF EMPIRE, Benjamin Isaac, 1990

Last edited:
In the case of the Palestinians, they have a a legal and moral right to impose conditions, as they are the victims. Violence in that case is not a condition anyway, it is the only method of removing an aggressive occupier. Hence the law that states as a home owner you have the right to use such force as is necessary to protect yourself and your home. We've been through all this before haven't we,...

Palestinians are not victims. They are people trying to get a Palestinian state that they refused in 1948.
You cannot apply your local laws in other countries. In Belgium we are not allowed to defend our property. Propably every other country has different kind of local laws about that.

They are not defending what is rightfully theirs. So they may not use any means, and since you defend their actions you defend Palestinian terrorism.

Protocol I, Article 52, defines a legitimate military target as one “which by [its] nature, location, purpose, or use makes an effective contribution to military action and whose total or partial destruction, capture or neutralization, in the circumstances ruling at the time, offers a definite military advantage.” Any attack requires that it be justified, in the first place, by military necessity. However, no object may be attacked if damage to civilians and civilian objects would be excessive when compared to that advantage. And if there are doubts whether a normally civilian facility is contributing to military action, the object is presumed to be civilian.
Shooting unguided rockets at civilian towns is in violation of laws of war. You are making up your own laws.

Palestinians are not victims. They are people trying to get a Palestinian state that they refused in 1948.
You cannot apply your local laws in other countries. In Belgium we are not allowed to defend our property. Propably every other country has different kind of local laws about that.
So,.. you imply that the Zionists were forced by the Palestinians to occupy their land and drive them out? You are an idiot. The Palestinians had no reason to accept anything, other than what was legally and morally theirs. The laws I state are "Common Law" and as such are all backed in International law. (The right to self defence).

Protocol I, Article 52,---snip---
Not applicable to an aggressor and/or illegal occupier. Next you'll be telling me that the overrunning and oppressive occupation of the Low Countries was "legal" because in the eyes of the Germans it was a legitimate military target, or that the Dutch and Belgians were terrorists because they resisted the German attack.
Shooting unguided rockets at civilian towns is in violation of laws of war. You are making up your own laws.
No, not at all, all people have the legitimate right to defend themselves against an occupying force, even moreso when that force is in deliberate contravention of a dozen or more International Laws and conventions.

I love how you whine about a few rockets that are no more than fireworks that have killed a mere handful of people in 60 years, yet completely overlook the deliberate planned use of guided weapons and white phosphorus against civilians that has killed hundreds in a matter of days, something that the Israelis initially tried to deny until confronted by video evidence.
http://www.independent.co.uk/opinio...ate-the-west-so-much-we-will-ask-1230046.htmlHave we forgotten the 17,500 dead – almost all civilians, most of them children and women – in Israel's 1982 invasion of Lebanon; the 1,700 Palestinian civilian dead in the Sabra-Chatila massacre; the 1996 Qana massacre of 106 Lebanese civilian refugees, more than half of them children, at a UN base; the massacre of the Marwahin refugees who were ordered from their homes by the Israelis in 2006 then slaughtered by an Israeli helicopter crew; the 1,000 dead of that same 2006 bombardment and Lebanese invasion, almost all of them civilians?
Your attempted defense of these pests is looking more pathetic every day, and the only reason I even bother answering you, is because, your dazzling combination of ignorance, arrogance and complete lack of any common decency or morality is a far better example of the injustice of this conflict than anything I could ever think of.

Last edited:
VKMS

1. Outdated small arms, that's it, they have no heavy weapons or modern equipment. They might as well be throwing rocks compared to what Israel has. The point still stands, the Palestinians have no real means to defend themselves. If they Palestinians were as armed as the Israelis they would have already won.

2. But that's exactly the point, everyone BUT Israel accept 67 as the border. Israel territorial claims are not recognized by anyone. Taking by force what is not recognized as theirs is an act of aggression. That's the interpretation of the entire world.

3. The Palestinians living their didn't abandon their homes indefinitely, they mere displaced themselves to avoid being accidentally killed in a crossfire during the war. The Isrealis took advantage of this and simply took over their homes and businesses, closed the border and left them to rot in refugee camps in Lebanon. That too is THEFT.

5. Why can't I? its precisely the same thing. All three justify war crimes against civilians as justifiable military responses. Moreover, if it weren't for US interference at the Security council that's exactly the allegation that would be made. The only thing preventing Israel facing a war crimes tribunal is the USA UN veto. The USA protects Israel but it doesn't agree with what it does, and frankly our patience with Israel is running thin. They day is coming to come when Israel no longer benefits from US protection or help.

6. A link that disproves your claim:

"A group of Israeli airforce pilots declared yesterday that they would refuse to fly missions which could endanger civilians in the West Bank and Gaza Strip." http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/sep/25/Israel

As I said the Israeli government doesn't give a damn about Palestinian civilian casualties. But Kudos to these pilots (who were later sacked) for refusing to participate in wholesale murder.

7. Of course they think killing a Hamas leader was worth the lives, that's just the point, they care nothing about Palestinian lives. Killing 20 innocents to kill one single terrorist ISN'T viewed as excessive. How convenient that the measuring stick of what is "excessive" is be defined by the actual aggressor. That way they can justify anything at all as a legitimate act of war.

8. Ever been to a gunshow in the USA? I could easily show you photos of kids holding guns. One store this year allowed to get your child to hold a AR-15 while sitting on Santa Claus lap. That doesn't make them a suicide bomber. Besides Hamas and the other groups forbid the use of children as suicide bombers (they say its against Islamic law). They might groom them to be future bombers, but using children at a young age is forbidden.

Senorjekips

I'll add something...

Israel has also been caught using Cluster Bombs in Gaza, something else they have tried to deny. You don't use Cluster munitions in civilians areas and call it a "legitimate use of force". That's simply taking people for being stupid. Cluster muntions are designed to be used against Tank columns, troop formations. installations, supply convoys etc. Small enclosed spaces with lots of targets. A City block would be a juicy target.

Last edited:
So,.. you imply that the Zionists were forced by the Palestinians to occupy their land and drive them out? You are an idiot. The Palestinians had no reason to accept anything, other than what was legally and morally theirs. The laws I state are "Common Law" and as such are all backed in International law. (The right to self defence).

You don't know much about laws do you? You seem to mix them up quite frequently.
About the right to self defence, that's for the defender. The Arabs (Palestinians) attacked, not the Israelis.

Not applicable to an aggressor and/or illegal occupier. Next you'll be telling me that the overrunning and oppressive occupation of the Low Countries was "legal" because in the eyes of the Germans it was a legitimate military target, or that the Dutch and Belgians were terrorists because they resisted the German attack.

Read that again because you do not understand it.

No, not at all, all people have the legitimate right to defend themselves against an occupying force, even moreso when that force is in deliberate contravention of a dozen or more International Laws and conventions.

Israel does not occupy Gaza.

I love how you whine about a few rockets that are no more than fireworks that have killed a mere handful of people in 60 years, yet completely overlook the deliberate planned use of guided weapons and white phosphorus against civilians that has killed hundreds in a matter of days, something that the Israelis initially tried to deny until confronted by video evidence. Your attempted defense of these pests is looking more pathetic every day, and the only reason I even bother answering you, is because, your dazzling combination of ignorance, arrogance and complete lack of any common decency or morality is a far better example of the injustice of this conflict than anything I could ever think of.

Any loss of a civilian life is one to many. But if the PLO didn't attack Israel those civilians would still be alive. If you start a fight and get beaten up then don't whine.
Your "few" rockets are in fact more than 10.000!
Almost 600 people were injured and 10's killed. Read this : Fear and Horror in Sderot
Go and live in that town yourself. If the warning goes off (almost daily) you have 15 seconds to get to your shelter. The rockets are highly inacurate so it can fall on everyone. When you live in Gaza city and Israel fires a missile, you are safe as long as there's no jihadist in your living room.

VKMS

1. Outdated small arms, that's it, they have no heavy weapons or modern equipment. They might as well be throwing rocks compared to what Israel has. The point still stands, the Palestinians have no real means to defend themselves. If they Palestinians were as armed as the Israelis they would have already won.

That's the point, the Palestinians attack. Israel retaliates. Ever wonder why their rich Arab countries don't help them?

2. But that's exactly the point, everyone BUT Israel accept 67 as the border. Israel territorial claims are not recognized by anyone. Taking by force what is not recognized as theirs is an act of aggression. That's the interpretation of the entire world.

No, according to the Palestinan covenants they want Israel included into Palestine. So, it is not BUT, it's BOTH.

3. The Palestinians living their didn't abandon their homes indefinitely, they mere displaced themselves to avoid being accidentally killed in a crossfire during the war. The Isrealis took advantage of this and simply took over their homes and businesses, closed the border and left them to rot in refugee camps in Lebanon. That too is THEFT.

Better do some internet research and look for what Abbas (PO president) has to say about that.

5. Why can't I? its precisely the same thing. All three justify war crimes against civilians as justifiable military responses. Moreover, if it weren't for US interference at the Security council that's exactly the allegation that would be made. The only thing preventing Israel facing a war crimes tribunal is the USA UN veto. The USA protects Israel but it doesn't agree with what it does, and frankly our patience with Israel is running thin. They day is coming to come when Israel no longer benefits from US protection or help.

Again, do some research WHY the US veto's certain UN resolutions.

6. A link that disproves your claim:

"A group of Israeli airforce pilots declared yesterday that they would refuse to fly missions which could endanger civilians in the West Bank and Gaza Strip." http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/sep/25/Israel

As I said the Israeli government doesn't give a damn about Palestinian civilian casualties. But Kudos to these pilots (who were later sacked) for refusing to participate in wholesale murder.

I got this response on your link ; "Sorry - we haven't been able to serve the page you asked for"

7. Of course they think killing a Hamas leader was worth the lives, that's just the point, they care nothing about Palestinian lives. Killing 20 innocents to kill one single terrorist ISN'T viewed as excessive. How convenient that the measuring stick of what is "excessive" is be defined by the actual aggressor. That way they can justify anything at all as a legitimate act of war.

How in the hell could they know how many people were in that building?

8. Ever been to a gunshow in the USA? I could easily show you photos of kids holding guns. One store this year allowed to get your child to hold a AR-15 while sitting on Santa Claus lap. That doesn't make them a suicide bomber. Besides Hamas and the other groups forbid the use of children as suicide bombers (they say its against Islamic law). They might groom them to be future bombers, but using children at a young age is forbidden.

On March 24, 2004, one week after capturing a bomb in the bag of 12-year-old Abdullah Quran, Hussam Abdo, a 16-year-old Palestinian (who initially claimed he was 14), was captured in a checkpoint near Nablus wearing an explosive belt. The young boy was paid by the Tanzim militia to detonate himself at the checkpoint. IDF soldiers manning the checkpoint were suspicious of him and told him to stay away from people. Later, an EOD team arrived and by using a police-sapper robot, removed the explosive belt from him. Hussam explained that he was offered 100 NIS and sex with virgins if he would perform the task. He said his friends mocked him in class.

Israelis say boy, 11, used as bomber

Senorjekips

I'll add something...

Israel has also been caught using Cluster Bombs in Gaza, something else they have tried to deny. You don't use Cluster munitions in civilians areas and call it a "legitimate use of force". That's simply taking people for being stupid. Cluster muntions are designed to be used against Tank columns, troop formations. installations, supply convoys etc. Small enclosed spaces with lots of targets. A City block would be a juicy target.

Below is the picture that caused the controvery about the cluster bombs.

gazaexplode_459403a_2.jpg

You can find it all over the web. Unfortunately for you those are not clusterbombs. The Times was right : Israeli artillery shells explode with a chemical agent designed to create smokescreen for ground forces.
Do your homework!

VDKMS

1. Oh, its always the Palestinians that attack? Why don't you read up whats going on with the Settlers in the West Bank. Steal other people land and then call it "being attacked" when the victims actually respond. I can tell you for a fact that anyone tried to steal my home I'd attack them too.

2. You just admitted above that the Israelis don't recognize it as both, you are right, they recognize it as THEIRS that's just the problem, nobody else does. Neither the Israelis nor the Palestinans think the land belongs to BOTH.

3. Nice dodge, Avoid a question by asking one. Wont play.

4. Try again: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/sep/25/israel Works for me.

5. You asking a NEW YORKER of why we veto all of the Israeli resolutions as if I didn't know? Let me assure you I know much more than you about how the Israeli lobby in Washington interferes in US politics, I lived it for 28 years. Its a scourge called AIPAC and its been making a mess of things in the US for about 40 years. Basically it serves to push a Hawkish pro-Israeli agenda on US Foreign Policy (like invading Iraq) and to spy on the United States.

6. Common sense? 5 story Apartment, several apartments per floor. Residential neighborhood. What do you think? You really think Israel intelligence didn't survey the target before they sent in the F-16? The Mossad and Sein Bet isn't that sloppy. Lets not kid ourselves here. They knew and they didn't care. They didn't apologize either. I can tell you if the Palestinians did they same Israel would be screaming genocide.

7. Of course there will be Isolated cases. I actually found a few more. But the fact remains that it is not a widespread practice (mostly on religious grounds) and some of those children involved were found to be coerced.

8. Maybe, maybe not. I had never seen that photo before and looking at it you can tell its a gas vapor. But that doesnt mean they didn't use it, I sure as hell don't expect the Israelis to admit it. But the did use WP and they have used Cluster weapons in Lebanon, so I am not going to confirm nor discount it. Its not never been proven either way (and I don't trust the Israel version).

Last edited:
Back