How would you handle the North Korean Crisis?

GuyontheRight

How would you handle the North Korean Crisis? A rogue nation with a elaborate WMD program that consist of at least several nuclear weapons, as well as the most militarized society in the world, with a standing army over one million. How do you handle this?

Ill tell you what I would do, Id hit 'em hard and fast, cripple the reactors and hit them along the 38th parallel to prevent any blikreig across the border. The problem with negotiations is North Koreas historic stubbornness, and that they can easily use their nuclear proliferation to extraordinary means, as we are beginning to see. That’s why we might as well get the dirty stuff done before World War III breaks out.
:m16:

R.H.Y.N.O.

R.H.Y.N.O
Rip You Ya A New one. We should just attack(blow up any reactor that looks suspiceious. Send spec. ops over an take hostages, find any intel, and blow any and all nuclaer devices or explocives.

I agree with you we need to blow the snot out of NK. I Just got a Exchage student from south korea at my school. SO it would affect her alot. But back to the issue. North korea is beginning to take control of the WMD area and we need to do what we did with Iraq send some inspectors over and if they say we can't go in send some paratroopers in one night then the next morning have them attack form the inside out. destroing everything thats in their path just like General Shermans ATlanta Campaign, so that waht i think thought i would just state it. :sniper:

Blitzkrig

Knock their teeth out. Massive armour and Air attacks always do the trick with that kind of people.

now thats funny

mass and attack

sorry fellas it doesnt work like that

i dont think we have (IMO) enough information on the enemy to just go in.

A good motto to follow is "know your enemy "

tactics isnt my stronghold, but i know i am not going against someone who will send nukes over to my family the minute an idiot crosses the border

the NK has no remorse and will send the nukes just for the hell of it. We arent cowards and god forbid that they even think about it. Its not smart to just go in. the same we think of them they think of us. we also have to think of the allies they might aquire and what they will do and counter attack.
Imagine.. they get china in this mix.. were pretty much done. This would probably end up in our back yard and not in NK. do you want a war in your backyard... think of those hollywood movies where wars are fought in a city .. it will look like something as such.

i can wait and ill play sentry. i dont mind. we have bigger fish to fry right now. korea is in the horizon and we are prepping for it.. but planning is the most important aspect in war.

which reminds me of a funny marine story.. ill go post it

Hey now

Hey, I dident mean you should just storm in. Sure, collect intel...Send SOF to defuse as many of their long range launch systems. Then, KNOCK THEIR TEETH OUT(It dose work likie that, its called Blitzkrig).
Oh, and how could china get into your back yard....they still dont have an amphbian force big enough to invade taiwan....

Oh, and, I DO HAVE A WAR IN MY BACKYARD.... :wink:

Re: Hey now

sherman105 said:
Oh, and, I DO HAVE A WAR IN MY BACKYARD.... :wink:

Haha, he's got you there Chaotic. :lol:

But sherman, I firmly believe a blitz would not work in this situation, Kim Il Jong II would launch his little missiles as soon as we crossed the DMZ and then we would most likely run into a wall of Chicoms coming down from the North, these guys have the equipment to do a lot more damage to us than the Iraqis did.
However there is little danger of any invasion, I highly doubt any Korean/Chicom invasion fleet could get more than a dozen miles off-shore before they had a few hundred Aegis' up their tailpipes. They've got a lot of men and a reputation for throwing them away in battle, but I doubt even they would seriously consider anything as drastic as that.

Acctually,

I doubt the Chinese will get in to it....Remember theyr not stupid, and not as radical as they were in the 50'. I thing the USA can probably nail North Korea in a couple of weeks. There would be no civil resistance, just and out... I doubt theyll have gurrila warriors, its not Iraq....Now obvcourse, there is the chance of neuclear attack on ROK. If I were ROK, I wouldent let the USA do it from my territory....But, I stand by my word... Pulp them.

Got info

There are prison camps in NK. Women are raped. Children not older than ten are starved and abused. If you saw the pictures and images of children and families you would want to go and attack. But you have to think about 200,00 innocent lives are at stake. They deny prison camps exist but they do. The children die and are alone. 1 out of every 100 NK is captured. NK makes drugs and they are the biggest suppliers of drugs. We can't do any thing. This is out of our jurisdiction!!!

plan

Remember a plan is always necessry for success!! GO GET'em BOYS!! GO beat the h*ll out of those DAMN facilities!!!

~THE QUICKEST WAY TO LOSE A FIGHT IS NOT TO FIGHT AT ALL~SENSEI ANTHONY DIAZ

if USA attacks NK it will be big loses for the US soldiers, NK have one og the biggest armys + tanks +and arty.

Whatever will happen, and I 'm afraid something will. It will be bloody for all parties. (At least relatively)

So do YOU think there will be a second Korean War? and which countries are likely to be involved, In your opinion?

I can see, U.S.A, U.K and Japan vs. North Korea.

Also, what do you think the casualties would be from a war against North Korea?

p.s sorry for all the questions, just interested.

Thanks, Pad.

This looks interesting:

If i wanted a permenant solution to this problem:

1. I would increase the military precense close to the border. With the increased presence, i would run an exercise that every two weeks using a major amount of military equipment and men, as if they may pose a threat to North korea. I would do this every two week, for two weeks at a time, for two years straight. Id also do it during the height of the winter, and during the rice growing season, so that a more serious drain on his food and manpower to produce his food would exist.

2. the North Koreans would respond, by staging men, materials and manpower to each situation. Soon, their supplies of fuel, food and other consumable should reach alarming lows within their system, trying to match the assumed threat on thier borders.

3. once ole Kim starts stealing the food and fuel from his people to keep that inflated little army of his going, id start the pyscological warfare. Id tell his peopl how good they would have it if they only got rid of the power hungry little idiot. I imagine if you have enough hungry people looking to cut your heart out, he'd either do something stupid, or get out if the heat got high enough.

4. We have the industrial, logistical, and personell base to carry out a long term drain on his resources. he doesnt have squat. let him eat his nukes.

anyhow, thats what id do. Screw him and his nukes. let him set one off without provocation...there would be nothing left of pongyong but ashes.

:firedevi:

Back