How is the weather like where you are now?!

Snow on mountains???? I'm jealous.
m0411.gif

We had a surprise thunderstorm roll through during the night and I'm a little happy about that because today is our Independence day and is celebrated with fireworks galore ..
t9304.gif
t9307.gif
t9306.gif

..less worries about accidental fires
t2009.gif

The snow hasn't materialised yet, but when/if it does I'll take pics.

The weather hasn't really changed, nice and sunny but quite chilly.

It is very cold here, log fires, long pants and jumpers, even the dogs have their jackets on. I don't do cold weather.

The snow hasn't materialised yet, but when/if it does I'll take pics.

The weather hasn't really changed, nice and sunny but quite chilly.

I'd love to see them, we don't get it often here and I love it.
t121015.gif
t121007.gif

t121017.gif
t121008.gif
t121020.gif
t121019.gif

It's true there are no two snowflakes just alike, add them all together and wow.. what a beautiful site to behold.

Last edited:
It is very cold here, log fires, long pants and jumpers, even the dogs have their jackets on. I don't do cold weather.

I too detest cold weather, but you and I have a long hot summer to look forward to.:D

I'd love to see them, we don't get it often here and I love it.
t121015.gif
t121007.gif

t121017.gif
t121008.gif
t121020.gif
t121019.gif

It's true there are no two snowflakes just alike, add them all together and wow.. what a beautiful site to behold.

I detest snow with a passion. I came back to the UK after a short stint in Malta and Cyprus to find 6 feet of snow. I wanted oh so much to go back to Cyprus.

Picture taken this morning from the mall car park. Its nice and bright and sunny, but very cold.

Last edited:
I too detest cold weather, but you and I have a long hot summer to look forward to.:D

I detest snow with a passion. I came back to the UK after a short stint in Malta and Cyprus to find 6 feet of snow. I wanted oh so much to go back to Cyprus.

Picture taken this morning from the mall car park. Its nice and bright and sunny, but very cold.

I think it was 9 degrees when we flew out of Cape Town but Zambia was a balmy 23 and the Maldives were 28 degrees however getting home to 14 degrees was less than fun after that.

So now it is overcast, 14 degrees but dry.
depressing.

As for me I have always wanted to retire to Spain unfortunately with the Poms abandoning the EU it now becomes much more difficult, at the rate we are going to find a warm spot I may have to piggy back on the wifes heritage and immigrate to Israel although I suspect I would be haunted by Spike if I did.

Perhaps Arizona will be a good option if they survive Trump or Hillary.

I think it was 9 degrees when we flew out of Cape Town but Zambia was a balmy 23 and the Maldives were 28 degrees however getting home to 14 degrees was less than fun after that.

So now it is overcast, 14 degrees but dry.
depressing.

As for me I have always wanted to retire to Spain unfortunately with the Poms abandoning the EU it now becomes much more difficult, at the rate we are going to find a warm spot I may have to piggy back on the wifes heritage and immigrate to Israel although I suspect I would be haunted by Spike if I did.

Perhaps Arizona will be a good option if they survive Trump or Hillary.

An ex RAF mate of mine retired to Spain, he was telling me the locals resented anyone who wasn't a Spaniard, despite the fact if it wasn't for the foreigners they would be riding donkeys and not driving cars.

The RAF had a refuelling base in the Maldives 4 miles long by about a mile wide. All the bad lads were posted there, the only female on the island was a 60 year old NAAFI manager. My mate reckoned that even she started to look good after a year.

An ex RAF mate of mine retired to Spain, he was telling me the locals resented anyone who wasn't a Spaniard, despite the fact if it wasn't for the foreigners they would be riding donkeys and not driving cars.

I think that is quite common in the areas with high foreign populations, I am more into the quiter areas around Cadiz - Huelva.

The RAF had a refuelling base in the Maldives 4 miles long by about a mile wide. All the bad lads were posted there, the only female on the island was a 60 year old NAAFI manager. My mate reckoned that even she started to look good after a year.

Maldives was nice but I kind of got bored watching sunsets.

Enjoyed the brief stay in South Africa although I upset someone on Robben Island by calling Mandela a terrorist even if his cause was right but I have to admit that tour bored me stupid however the winelands and Sambi were very nice but I loved what I saw of Zambia.

Enjoyed the brief stay in South Africa although I upset someone on Robben Island by calling Mandela a terrorist even if his cause was right but I have to admit that tour bored me stupid however the winelands and Sambi were very nice but I loved what I saw of Zambia.

When were you in South Africa Monty? I live in the winelands, there are some stunning wines to be had.

I've never gone to Robben Island to listen to their propaganda crap. I bet they told you Mandela was in prison for 27 years? He wasnt, the last 15 years of his sentence he lived in governor's house in Polsmoor prison and was frequently taken out by car for joy rides and had frequent visits by his murdering missus, Winnie.

When were you in South Africa Monty? I live in the winelands, there are some stunning wines to be had.

We were there from the 10th to the 24th of June and I will not argue with you regarding the wine South Africa makes some of the nicest ones I have tasted although I am some what of a novice and tend to stick to white wines and as a Kiwi male prefer beer.

It was a fairly rushed trip as I had to use up 3 weeks leave or lose it so it came down to booking the first tour we could find that had matching flights, we ended up doing this one primarily because it had the Victoria Falls excursion...

http://www.africansky.com/tours/14daycapetownwinelandskrugervicfalls.html

ANd since we were in the area it was a good chance to kill off the Maldives as well.

I've never gone to Robben Island to listen to their propaganda crap. I bet they told you Mandela was in prison for 27 years? He wasnt, the last 15 years of his sentence he lived in governor's house in Polsmoor prison and was frequently taken out by car for joy rides and had frequent visits by his murdering missus, Winnie.
Yeah it wasn't somewhere I wanted to go but it was part of the tour and it is without a doubt the first time I have seen a "A pile of stones" as a museum exhibit, I can honestly say I had more fun at a German concentration camp.

I was surprised to get a civil discussion with one of the guys there where I argued that by every definition of the word he was a terrorist even though I supported his cause I could not support his methods.

I think in later years he did a lot of good but he was a dodgy bastard before he got there.

Last edited:
Another hellish day folks! As soon as the sun says hello, I'm done for!
Spent my morning in the ER for my asthma today. Yeehaw!

Sorry to hear that Dadsgirl. |I hope you feel better soon.

I seem to remember a RAF fella in the Far East who had to be medivaced back to UK as he couldn't sweat for some obscure reason.

Today is a bit wet and miserable, in parts of the area there was hailstones in others heavy rain. We need the rain to fill our water reserves.

Its 11 degree's C at the moment, tomorrow will be brighter and slightly warmer.:smil:

Last edited:
Back