How do you think USA is handling operation Iraqi freedom?? - Page 3

View Poll Results :How do you think USA is handling operation Iraqi freedom??
I'm positive on this opinion 13 37.14%
I'm in the middle 14 40.00%
Bush should withdraw the troops 8 22.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

November 19th, 2004  
MadeInChina

the insurgents needs to start to store weaponery and bombs and recruite and wait 3 months and start a shock offensive --- ai, CIAs gonna be after me ( i dont mean it, im just suggesting)
November 19th, 2004  
Xion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndShockarmy
the insurgents needs to start to store weaponery and bombs and recruite and wait 3 months and start a shock offensive
Thats exactly what they did after Saddam fell.

They'll keep doing it, unless you kill the root of Al Qaida and Islamic fundamentalist education from countries like Algeria,Libya,Pakistan,Jordan,Syria,Saudi Arabia etc. etc.
November 19th, 2004  
It's all a game

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
Militarily: quite decent work

Politically: a disaster (for USA)

Economically: a disaster (for Iraq)

Can they do better?
No, since the start of the war was already wrong.
Bush might have thought that now USSR is gone so he can do whatever a sole superpower likes to do, but he underestimated too many factors in this world. Playing world game you gotta to be a world master.
Agreed. It seems to me to be Vietnam II
--
Boots
November 19th, 2004  
Kirill K

I agree with its all a game, because think about when USA will install its government, they wont be able to leave the country. If they do, their government will be overthrown by terrorist groups, so you may never know how long USA will be there.
November 19th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirill K
I agree with its all a game, because think about when USA will install its government, they wont be able to leave the country. If they do, their government will be overthrown by terrorist groups, so you may never know how long USA will be there.
Well said.
when USA will install its government, they wont be able to leave the country. If they do, their government will be overthrown by terrorist groups
November 19th, 2004  
Kane

That is why the US military advisors are doing everything they can to fully prepare the Iraqi National Guard, but I don't believe that the Iraqi National Guard will be able to counter the unconfirmed numbers of terrorists and insurgents within the country.
November 19th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Yes, anyway Iraqi National Guards are Iraqi's, and they would lovely to see Saddam or Saddam's men coming back to power again after USA left.
November 19th, 2004  
Kane

I don't think so. The terrorists and insurgents dislike the Iraqi National Guard as well, believing that the National Guard is assosiated with the Americans. Remember the attack on a bus filled with freshly recruited Iraqi National Guardsmen? All of them were brutaly massacred. There have incidents when Iraqi Citizens who are trying to enlist were killed or under fire. These terrorist groups are factions, which they believe that violence will persuade others and satisfy their demands. Remember, Iraqis are very divided now and are not that nationalistic as they used to be during the Saddam Era. Many of them are only concerned about their families, their homes, and their lives.
November 19th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's all a game
ahahahah!!! The enemy dreams of becoming what the VC was. The VC made these guys look like children.

Not to mention the NVA and a country haven. The situation is so different. Unless you're just predicting a failure.
November 20th, 2004  
It's all a game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's all a game
....The VC made these guys look like children.
Exactly my point! Even these "children" have already frustrated the "liberation" so much, just imagine what they can do when they grow up!