How do you think USA is handling operation Iraqi freedom??

How do you think USA is handling operation Iraqi freedom??

• I'm positive on this opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm in the middle

• Bush should withdraw the troops

• Total voters
the insurgents needs to start to store weaponery and bombs and recruite and wait 3 months and start a shock offensive --- ai, CIAs gonna be after me ( i dont mean it, im just suggesting)

2ndShockarmy said:
the insurgents needs to start to store weaponery and bombs and recruite and wait 3 months and start a shock offensive

Thats exactly what they did after Saddam fell.

They'll keep doing it, unless you kill the root of Al Qaida and Islamic fundamentalist education from countries like Algeria,Libya,Pakistan,Jordan,Syria,Saudi Arabia etc. etc.

FlyingFrog said:
Militarily: quite decent work

Politically: a disaster (for USA)

Economically: a disaster (for Iraq)

Can they do better?
No, since the start of the war was already wrong.
Bush might have thought that now USSR is gone so he can do whatever a sole superpower likes to do, but he underestimated too many factors in this world. Playing world game you gotta to be a world master.

Agreed. It seems to me to be Vietnam II

I agree with its all a game, because think about when USA will install its government, they wont be able to leave the country. If they do, their government will be overthrown by terrorist groups, so you may never know how long USA will be there.

Kirill K said:
I agree with its all a game, because think about when USA will install its government, they wont be able to leave the country. If they do, their government will be overthrown by terrorist groups, so you may never know how long USA will be there.

Well said.
when USA will install its government, they wont be able to leave the country. If they do, their government will be overthrown by terrorist groups

That is why the US military advisors are doing everything they can to fully prepare the Iraqi National Guard, but I don't believe that the Iraqi National Guard will be able to counter the unconfirmed numbers of terrorists and insurgents within the country.

Yes, anyway Iraqi National Guards are Iraqi's, and they would lovely to see Saddam or Saddam's men coming back to power again after USA left.

I don't think so. The terrorists and insurgents dislike the Iraqi National Guard as well, believing that the National Guard is assosiated with the Americans. Remember the attack on a bus filled with freshly recruited Iraqi National Guardsmen? All of them were brutaly massacred. There have incidents when Iraqi Citizens who are trying to enlist were killed or under fire. These terrorist groups are factions, which they believe that violence will persuade others and satisfy their demands. Remember, Iraqis are very divided now and are not that nationalistic as they used to be during the Saddam Era. Many of them are only concerned about their families, their homes, and their lives.

It's all a game said:

ahahahah!!! The enemy dreams of becoming what the VC was. The VC made these guys look like children.

Not to mention the NVA and a country haven. The situation is so different. Unless you're just predicting a failure.

Are we supposed to go in there and crush the entire country? There are problems and we are dealing with it. Nothing like armchair generals who think they have a clue what they are talking about. If wars were as simple as some of you people make them out to be they would be won within weeks or days.

It's all a game said:
Chocobo_Blitzer said:
It's all a game said:

....The VC made these guys look like children.

Exactly my point! Even these "children" have already frustrated the "liberation" so much, just imagine what they can do when they grow up!

and comparatively speaking, the communist were frustrating us a lot more in Vietnam. The comparison pretty much stops at the style of combatants. And even that's not such a strong of link, won't see tanks, jets, and large numbers of infantry falling upon the democratic government should we leave.

Chocobo_Blitzer said:
"We ought to make the pie higher."- George W. Bush

Hehe, please allow me to digress. I'm curious as to the context in which Mr. Bush made that remark. What does it mean?

What made me curious is that Americans tend to use "tall" in place of "high". So I would have expected him to say: "We ought to make the pie taller." :lol:

IMO USA is in a quite stiky situation, and probably has to decide where this thing will end, and when they can pull thier troops out.

Re: How do you think USA is handling operation Iraqi freedom

Kirill K said:
Does anyone believe that USA is handling operation Iraqi freedom well, or should they think their tactics over again?

I think this war is being handled as well as is possible.

Re: How do you think USA is handling operation Iraqi freedom

Kirill K said:
Does anyone believe that USA is handling operation Iraqi freedom well, or should they think their tactics over again?

Economical disaster but my opinion is that if had to fight any wars, rather keep them in 3rd world than bring them home.

its true but think why Bush started this war. Oil, all because of oil. There was no proof that Saddam had chemical weapons, there was no proof that he was gonna use them, and certainly if he wanted to use them he could have already done so. Bush is just making up an excuse to get oil.

Kirill K said:
its true but think why Bush started this war. Oil, all because of oil. There was no proof that Saddam had chemical weapons, there was no proof that he was gonna use them, and certainly if he wanted to use them he could have already done so. Bush is just making up an excuse to get oil.

Are you kidding?

War In Iraq Not About Oil

E-Team News

Release September 8, 2004

NCPA: There is No Short-Term Answer for Energy Independence
September 8, 2004 – Speaking in Cincinnati today, Democratic Presidential candidate John Kerry accused the Bush Administration for “spending $200 billion in Iraq instead of investing in making America energy independent.” According to experts with the National Center for Policy Analysis (NCPA) this statement makes the false claim that the war in Iraq is a war for oil. The NCPA also noted that Senator Kerry’s energy plan would do nothing to increase America’s energy independence in the near-term.
“If oil was our top concern war in the Middle East would be the last thing we would want to do,” said NCPA Senior Fellow H. Sterling Burnett. “The reality is the best thing that we could do for our oil supply, would be to sell out Isreal and retreat from the region. It’s important to remember that terrorists aren’t after us because we import their oil. We are at war because the terrorists see us as infidels who need to die.” Kerry went further stating: “George W. Bush’s energy policy is to trust the big oil companies and the Saudis. I want an America that relies on its own ingenuity and innovation, not the Saudi Royal Family. We’re going to invest in technology and the vehicles of the future, so that no young American will ever be held hostage to our dependence on oil from the Middle East.” Yet NCPA experts point out that there is no short-term solution to importing oil. Our infrastructure and transportation industries depend on it and will for at least the next two decades.
“We would have been less dependent on foreign oil now if the Senate had approved opening up ANWR for domestic production under either President George H. W. Bush or President Clinton,” said Burnett. “The Clinton administration said drilling in ANWR could be done in an environmentally responsible manner.” Senator Kerry has been a leading figure in blocking attempts to increase domestic production.
“Merely investing in technology and the vehicles of the future is tantamount to a Star Trek energy plan,” said Burnett. “One day, in the distant future, these technologies may make a positive impact on our energy needs. But we need a plan for today and over the next 20 years.”

Plus: http://www.sweetliberty.org/issues/war/iraq/view.shtml

Back