How do you think about Amnesty?

sandy

I hate them.
The United States and Japan seem to be human rights suppression nations that are crueller than North Korea and China for them.
Tragedy in Rwanda
Slaughter of Pinoche
Tyranny of Mugabe in Zimbabwe
Human rights issue with Algeria
kidnapping by north korea.
Firing of Chinese army to the people
of course,prison in Iraq is problem.
However, why do not they indict these problems?

http://hrw.org/
"Human rights watch"
This is better than Amnesty

The mass communication fusses over when the democracy country kicks someone's hips.
Even if the despotic state strikes someone dead, they do not say anything.
The democracy country cannot win at the United Nations.
Because,The despotic state has the same right with the democracy country at UN.

The world has been filled with malice.
Malice is decorated with human rights.
Foolishness eats the poison.
The sage starves to death.
Only really civilian can save human rights.
Not massmedia or political organization.
"Use foolishness in the Enemy" by stalin

Last edited:
But Amnesty and the UN are not the same thing, to start off. Secondly Amnesty does confront malicious govenments with their actions. But being a NGO they have no power whatsoever, only the media as a tool. They can raise the issue of human rights, but they also know that you can ask a shark to stop eating meat.

I think Amnesty do a good job on raising the issue of human rights and put the spotlight where it is needed - but they, as Ted says, lack power and are forced to use media as their tool. I like to compare Amnesty to Greenpeace - the will and attitude to try to make a change is present but they often come an inch short.

Last edited:
Guys,thank you opinion.
But,I want amnesty to Indictment these ploblems.
Especially,about North Korea.

sandy said:
The United States and Japan seem to be human rights suppression nations that are crueller than North Korea and China for them.
Tragedy in Rwanda
Slaughter of Pinoche
Tyranny of Mugabe in Zimbabwe
Human rights issue with Algeria
kidnapping by north korea.
Firing of Chinese army to the people

You realize that the all those "human rights violations" you mentioned right there have absolutely nothing to do with the United States which you claim is "crueller than North Korea and China".

I think he is voiceing the supposed opinion of Amnesty or Human Right Watch, who both alledgedly see the US as the Great Satan. I am, however, not sure if he has adjusted his views on this topic!

Simple, Bomb North Korea, Liberate the people from communist control in China. And deport the UN from the USA and turn the UN building into Low Rent High Houseing.

5.56X45mm said:
Simple, Bomb North Korea, Liberate the people from communist control in China. And deport the UN from the USA and turn the UN building into Low Rent High Houseing.

But not particularly in that order... deporting the UN should come first.

Whispering Death said:
You realize that the all those "human rights violations" you mentioned right there have absolutely nothing to do with the United States which you claim is "crueller than North Korea and China".

He said that is the perception of Amnesty, not his. He's right that more attention is drawn to the Nations with less suppression of Human rights because they do not agree with Amnesty's agenda. North Korea has been returning Japanese citizens that they kidnapped years ago.

The Iraqi prison torture that went on under Hussein is started up again. American and Iraqi troops are finding prisons that are torturing, mostly Sunnis, their own people as bad as Hussein.

Iraq official defends 'torture' facility
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/11/17/iraq.detainees/

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Iraq's interior minister has defended a government facility that was found to be holding dozens of prisoners, including some showing signs of torture, saying it held "the most criminal terrorists."
"Nobody was beheaded or killed," a defiant Bayan Jabr told a news conference Thursday, saying that only seven of 170 detainees showed marks of torture.
"Those detainees, those criminal killers inside the bunker were not Indians or Pakistanis or Iranians," he said, waving a stack of passports in the air. "Those are your Arab brothers that came here to kill your sons."

Last edited:
And let's not forget the 1995 Cuban riots, where cuban inmates rioted in prisons in both Louisiana and Georgia.
I don't believe that political amnesty is too big a deal in this nation.

Paper Tiger

Amnesty International and the United Nations are nothing but Paper Tigers.

Without the clout of nations, the only thing these two organizations can do is roar (more like whimper) about perceived injustices and crimes against humanity. Amnesty has (justly ) earned a reputation of being long on rhetoric and short on solutions when it comes to their pronouncements.

They would be better served if they toned down some of their bitter language and rhetoric and tried to lead or form a coalition of countries to address some of their concerns. Without the clout and legitimacy of nations, the only thing Amnesty can do is to become the laughing stock of the civilized world.

Crying wolf only works when the wolf is easily perceived and the farmer can see the threat to his flock.

"How do you think about Amnesty?"

Well upon the light waves reflecting the words to my optical sensors in the retina of my eye the stimuli is then carried to my brain via the optic nerve. Whereupon the part of my brain that deals with visual imagery decodes the signal and I attach meaning to what I see. At this point the part of my brain involved with memory brings up what I have associated and stored in my brain via pathways of electrical impulses along chains of neurons. This process is repeated in various locations of my dura mater as I engage various memories and reason through the use of synaptic action which is at the core a simple chemical "wave" along which certain chemicals actually cause the electrochemical impulse to function. If you require more detail than this I would refer you to one of our newer members, Axon.
:)

How droll - Darwinian convolutionism and pure blarney.

Are you sure you're not two foot two and live in amongst the tree roots??

Well, he did ask "how" and not "what"... :)

As for the rest the answers are predictable on a military forum and we have discussed this topic ad nauseum previously.

"Ad nauseum" its a latin phrase. To say we did something ad nauseum would mean it was done until we were sick of it.

Back