How To Survive 2012 - Doomsday shelters making a comeback

SwordFish_13

Hi,

At the end of 2012, an all-destroying pole shift is waiting for us, one of the thousands that have already taken place in the history of the earth. However, this time it will be completely different. Because our ancestors from a distant past had calculated in advance the previous one and escaped with their knowledge; we are now living in a highly-advanced civilization that will be turned into dust in 2012.
10 Tips How To Build Bunker to Survive 2012

If you believe that global catastrophe is going to happen in Dec 2012 you better take idea of building your own bunker seriously.

An underground bunker will protect you and your family from natural and manmade disasters.

how-to-build-bunker-to-survive-2012-300x247.jpg

This advises will be useful for you.

• Use bricks or concrete to build the walls. But remember that concrete is expensive and concrete bunkers are prone to leaking and molding unless you have a proper vapor barrier on all sides of the walls and foundation and the roof.
• Make the walls out of sandbags (or similar) and make sure that you put good strong posts every few feet
• Walls needs to be covered in plastic sheeting or polyethylene or both (on the outside for a vapor barrier to prevent moisture from entering in)
• On the roof you need to put a layer of vapor proof sheeting (like plastic sheeting or polyethylene), the logs (8 inch diameter) then straw for insulation then more vapor proof sheeting. And finally a layer of dirt.
• On the roof you need to put at least 4 feet of packed dirt as a radiation shield
• On the floor is a layer of plastic and polyethylene sheeting. The floor frame goes on top of that; the floor frame is packed with straw. Plywood goes on top of the frame and is screwed to the frame with woods screws. Make sure the whole frame is wrapped in polyethylene sheeting and plastic sheeting.
• Put silicone where the floor and the walls meet with
• For the sewer you can use a pipe running from the toilet into a big pit with a lid on it and a pipe coming out of the lid with a fly screen on
• Build the door for the bunker that can be locked or barred from the inside

• Don’t build the bunker right in front of your house. Whether you have a bunker in case of global catastrophe in 2012, tornado or bomb, it can’t do you much good if it is too far to be convenient. Think about it: people that place their bunker in front of the house, next to the road are basically advertising that they have a bunker and probably have emergency items to last them in the case of an emergency. Advertising your bunker to the neighbors is fine if you plan on letting them inside but if you don’t, you are just asking for trouble. Most of the people in extreme situation can become violent and unpredictable.
sources:

http://www.howtosurvive2012.com/htm_night/survival_01.htm
http://blog.2012pro.com/2012/10-tips-how-to-build-bunker-to-survive-2012
http://blog.2012pro.com/2012/doomsday-shelter-currently-selling-bunker-space-in-usa

Jason Hodge, father of four children from Barstow, Calif., says he's "not paranoid" but he is concerned, and that's why he bought space in what might be labeled a doomsday shelter.

Hodge bought into the first of a proposed nationwide group of 20 fortified, underground shelters — the Vivos shelter network — that are intended to protect those inside for up to a year from catastrophes such as a nuclear attack, killer asteroids or tsunamis, according to the project's developers.

"It's an investment in life," says Hodge, a Teamsters union representative. "I want to make sure I have a place I can take me and my family if that worst-case scenario were to happen."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-07-28-doomsday28_ST_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

The secret world of doomsday shelters

Blast from the past: Underground home bunkers once again have a small but growing following as a refuge from a host of perceived threats. And most people who have them would prefer that you didn’t know.

You know all about the real-estate market. But what about the "underground" real-estate market — the secretive efforts of homeowners to install doomsday shelters at home?

If suppliers' reports are a gauge, the market is small but growing. Unlike 1950s-era fallout shelters and newer aboveground "safe rooms," meant to protect against storms and home invasions, bunkers are buried at least 6 feet under, in part to shield occupants from nuclear radiation.

You can buy a bare-bones shelter for $38,000 uninstalled or spend tens of millions of dollars — and a surprising number do — on a lavish, custom-made subterranean sanctuary.

Bunker builders cite a long list of client fears, from war and terrorism to megastorms and epic earthquakes. But the customers themselves aren't talking. "Secrecy is their defense," says shelter manufacturer Walton McCarthy, of Radius Engineering in Terrell, Texas. Shelter owners don't want neighbors and strangers pounding on the entry hatch in an emergency, he explains.

http://realestate.msn.com/-the-secret-world-of-doomsday-shelters

Anyone Building a Doomsday Shelter ? Anyone ? .. aah i would get back to digging

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Last edited:
Hmm, this could be useful for the upcoming Zombie invasion in 2012 as well... :cool:

I think people are stupid for getting all excited about this BS. If its the end of the world, all the guns in the world and a stupid underground shelter isn't going to save you.

Why would I go through all that trouble building a bunker when I could just buy an old coastal fortress instead?
Complete with NBC protection and air-locks, I'd just have to replace the components of the main engine-room and refill the water and fuel supply. :mrgreen:

On second thought, I've spendt enough time in concrete caves like that, I think I'd rather face zombies and doomsday on ground level instead.

Why would I go through all that trouble building a bunker when I could just buy an old coastal fortress instead?
Complete with NBC protection and air-locks, I'd just have to replace the components of the main engine-room and refill the water and fuel supply. :mrgreen:

On second thought, I've spendt enough time in concrete caves like that, I think I'd rather face zombies and doomsday on ground level instead.

Or you can buy a space in Luxurious underground shelters mushrooming these days like Vivos Underground Shelter Network... Check out the Survival gear they are selling especially the Soviet OT-64 :D

http://www.terravivos.com/secure/gearshop.htm

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T9heta_qLI"]YouTube - ‪Vivos Underground Shelter Network‬‏[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qA7U6-A14c&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Vivos Underground Shelters - NBC News Report‬‏[/ame]

Last edited:
Yes, the rich here also do that, build these bunkers under their mansions, supposed to be able to withstand a nuclear attack...

Except Roman Abramovich. He has his own nuclear-powered luxury submarine
sigma_002.jpg

Speking of Abramovich
34140540_49b65b7df41a82d4b5c6eeea1e63b02e_full.jpg

(Parody on our version of 'Who wants to be a millionaire': "How much does a dollar cost?" A: 69 rubles B: 40 rubles C: 10 kopeks D: I don't give a ****

Abramovich doesn't give a ****. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why 5 of 10 boys in Russia want to be Roman Abramovich (other half want to be Putin :D).

He also has second largest mega-yacht in Russia, the 'Pelorus'
myeclipse-frederikshavn-denmark.jpg

It has a radar and anti-aircraft missiles, is bullet and bomb proof, equipped with its own small submarine and a helipad.
naekran_ru_yahta_pelorus_1024_5804.jpg

Here is 'Pelorus' anchored in Saint Petersburg next to a ferry, for size comparison
263942_1.jpg

The only yacht in Russia bigger than Abramovich's is... guess? Why, Putin's of course lol But there aren't any pictures of it online though. Security reasons, I suppose.

Anyway, Abramovich's mansion near Moscow also has a bunker under it believed to be able to survive a nuclear attack.

Back