How to stop China - Page 12

--

November 16th, 2004  
Asskicker

Big Z buddy,

first u have to know wut was the stragitic objective of ur U.S army,
then ask urself did U.S army achieved that?
then ask urself about which side got more equ and supplies and how much difference between both side

finally hope u can ask the last commander of U.S army in Korea, he said this is the first time U.S army sgihed a treaty in which they didn't win

then hope u r smart enough to figure out who is more a loser in that war
November 16th, 2004  
Asskicker

Secrecy,
if u think it is funny for a chinese soldier to fight like that

then u probably think it is also funny to kill an American soldier
November 16th, 2004  
A Can of Man

The main US/UN Mission was to drive North Korea back across the 38th parallel and maintain a non-Communist South Korea. But the Inchon landing went so well that people got carried away. Not to mention Rhee Sung-man wanted to unite the two Koreas while he could.
So in the end... mission accomplished.
--
November 16th, 2004  
Big_Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asskicker
Big Z buddy,

first u have to know wut was the stragitic objective of ur U.S army,
then ask urself did U.S army achieved that?
then ask urself about which side got more equ and supplies and how much difference between both side

finally hope u can ask the last commander of U.S army in Korea, he said this is the first time U.S army sgihed a treaty in which they didn't win

then hope u r smart enough to figure out who is more a loser in that war
I fully agree, the Chinese casualties speak for themselves. Before you ask me if i'm smart enough to understand your statement ask yourself if your smart enough to write a complete sentence.
November 16th, 2004  
Damien435

Are you kidding me? The North Koreans almost pushed the South Korean and US forces off the entire penninsula, and yet the US' counterattack was so successful that we scared China into intervening, yet we stopped them too against overwhelming numbers.

The US' goal was to liberate South Korea, taking all of the Korean Penninsula was a secondary objective, much like in Desert Storm, the goal was to liberate Kuwait, ousting Saddam was secondary and in the end we chose not to, yet when we go to finish the job we are critized by the rest of the world, why?

Chinese fighting spirit, phhh, I seem to recall hearing this about them, "They would walk straight into line after line of bullet fire because they were either very brave or to stupid to duck, but yet when we came after them with bayonets they took off at a dead run."
November 16th, 2004  
Asskicker

man, u seem to be dumber than i think

objective is more important then causalty , even a grade 5 knows that
November 16th, 2004  
A Can of Man

They are both important.
Depends on what situation you are in.
For China, those numbers were replaceable, meaning it was not a MAJOR loss to China.
For the UN, the original objective of maintaining South Korea's existence with the border at the 38th Parallel was achieved (with deviation in the lines but more or less the same position as pre-1950).
In the end, only North Korea was the side unable to reach its original objectives.
November 16th, 2004  
Asskicker

sad,
but wut chinese believed is that U.S tried to couqure all Korea, it seems to be true (McArthur ordered his army to advance toward Yalu River and capture whole north korea)

if we consider to "liberate" whole Korea as U.S's top objective,
U.S seems failed

but it is such a pity for my coutnry to lose so many men,
and i have to admit that wasn't a war in right time and right place
November 16th, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asskicker
sad,
but wut chinese believed is that U.S tried to couqure all Korea, it seems to be true (McArthur ordered his army to advance toward Yalu River and capture whole north korea)

if we consider to "liberate" whole Korea as U.S's top objective,
U.S seems failed
MacArthur was relieved of command by President Truman for making threats and threatening actions towards China, does that not tell you the true intentions of the United States? That the President fired the man who was advocating for war with China.
November 16th, 2004  
Asskicker

there is more reasons to fire McArthur than just invading China

it is actually the attidude of McArthur pissed Trumen off,

first he openly declared to use Nuclear weapons to china, and made Truemen a big laugh at home
then he publiced some sort of letter in a veteran's day stuff,

Trueman fed up with McArthur's "cool"ness, so he fired him