How sincere are all those yellow ribbons on cars? - Page 4

--
Boots

December 23rd, 2004  
A Can of Man

"My Gods"?
December 23rd, 2004  
CABAL

Eh, it's more politically correct depending on who believes in what religion. I meant it not to offend anyone. Mein Gott, Mein Gotten, this is getting off topic the_13th_redneck.
December 23rd, 2004  
gladius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
Ain't any white supremecists groups here. Until quite recently we were the whitest state in the Union and being second now there still isn't anything of a race issue here. This is dairy land and ski town. The last major incident of any kind here was when some Confederate raiders came down from Montreal and robbed a bank here 140 years ago. Agian, no crime to speak of, no "militias" - nothing. Plenty of people though it seems who were warm in their cars and not any more appreciative of life ending temperatures than it appears are some folks in this forum.
Times have changed, its not that people don't support the military, its that they are learry of picking up hitchickers.

Maybe in some other countries they are use to picking up hitchikers in the military, but not in the USA, not anymore.

I never pick up hitchikers, especially if I'm by myself an I'm a guy and I can defend myself pretty good, I still won't do it. The rare occaisions I'll do it is when there are two or more of us guys in the car and the people we pick up look safe, like kids or girls or someone like that, but a guy in fatigues, I'm not willing to take that chance, like I said he could be some crazy Rambo type.

I think you may be confusing peoples support for the military with other stuff like good old fashion common sense of so many bad things happening to people picking up hitchikers, and vice-versa. I think people are still willing to help and do good stuff, but they are also careful to watch out for themselves. Times they have-a-changed.
--
Boots
December 23rd, 2004  
Charge 7

Well, Gladius it appears you are either determined to be "right" or you didn't read that quote of mine you spent the time to include.
December 24th, 2004  
gladius

I did read it.

I see some guy on the road wearing fatigues, whom I don't know from Adam, maybe he's okay, but then again he could be some psycho, I'm saying people are just wearry that's all.

Besides those people passing you they don't know for sure your in the military, lots of people wear fatigues these days.

How does my showing you the way things are, make it so i'm determined to be right. Maybe you just don't like the answer I'm giving you, all of a sudden I'm wrong.

Tell you what, next time you see a guy walking down the road in fatigues, thumbing it, you pick him up okay.

If there were other guys in the car with me in and in that kind of weather I probably would pick the person up, but just by myself I would be hesitant.
December 25th, 2004  
Charge 7

Oh thank you so ever much for opening my eyes and showing me "the way things are" Mr. Gladius. Next time I need to have the world interpreted for me I'll be sure to ask you.
December 25th, 2004  
Redneck

Both of you all need to calm down, stay with the spirit of the season (and the forum rules).

gladius, kill the attitude, it doesn't lead anywhere good.