How sincere are all those yellow ribbons on cars? - Page 3

--
Boots

December 22nd, 2004  
gladius

I support the troops.

...but picking up hitchikers especially in certain parts of the US, forget it.

Especially someone in fatigues, he could be some crazy rambo type.

This aint the 50's and 60's anymore, people are really wearry about picking up hitchhikers.
December 22nd, 2004  
A Can of Man

Really, especially if you're not white. If that guy is like Montana Militia or something you can be in a world of hurt.
December 22nd, 2004  
implicature

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Really, especially if you're not white. If that guy is like Montana Militia or something you can be in a world of hurt.
whiskey tango foxtrot?
--
Boots
December 22nd, 2004  
Charge 7

Some of you folks aren't reading the whole post.
December 22nd, 2004  
A Can of Man

Dude don't you know? A good deal of the dudes go to White Supremacist gatherings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by implicature
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
whiskey tango foxtrot?
December 23rd, 2004  
Charge 7

Ain't any white supremecists groups here. Until quite recently we were the whitest state in the Union and being second now there still isn't anything of a race issue here. This is dairy land and ski town. The last major incident of any kind here was when some Confederate raiders came down from Montreal and robbed a bank here 140 years ago. Agian, no crime to speak of, no "militias" - nothing. Plenty of people though it seems who were warm in their cars and not any more appreciative of life ending temperatures than it appears are some folks in this forum.
December 23rd, 2004  
03USMC

Vermont huh? It's matter of generation I think. I grew up in a severe climate to the other exterme South Texas scrub desert. You don't leave someone out there ethier. Now that I live in the midwest I don't leave people out in the cold. Generational thing I guess. Or understanding what extermes can do to a person.
December 23rd, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Well, there's the old song "Tie a Yellow Ribbon" about two lovers. If he saw the yellow when he came home from the war, that meant she waited for him. If there wasn't a yellow ribbon, he'd just keep going cuz that meant she didn't wait for him.
Actually, I believe that song is about a prisoner being released after completing his sentence.

I do believe that a lot of the yellow ribbons are just lip service (I've actually seen them on vehicles that also had "Not in my name" stickers or the like), but I also believe that most of the ribbons/stickers were placed with honestly good intentions. I've always put more stock in people who display their beliefs through action rather than symbols or chanting them on the street corner anyway.
December 23rd, 2004  
Kane

Here in downtown Brooklyn, there are plenty of Yellow Ribbons placed on the back of the vehicles. But my question is, is this symbol really truly defines your loyalty and support?
December 23rd, 2004  
CABAL

Mein Gotten, Brooklyn New York? Check your PM.