How should they honor Pat Tillman??

How should the NFlL honor Pat Tillman

• Special Ceremony

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Make him a member in the Hall of Fame

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think they should do something beyond special for that man.

He was a real man and a real hero.

PAT TILLMAN was what I strive to be, and hope that I can live up to when I have kids.

Thank You Pat, Thank You

How should the NFL honor former Arizona Cardinal player Pat Tillman??

The Cardnials have already taken steps to honor Ranger Tillman. They said they will retire Tillman's number and name a plaza surrounding their new stadium the "Pat Tillman Freedom Plaza."

Treat him like any other soldier that died in the war. He would not have wanted this fanfare. Hell, he even refused to release photos of him in a high and tight after the media caught wind that he was enlisting.

I tend to agree with Pogue. Judging by his actions I don't think he would have wanted all the attention.

But still something has to be done. A special memorial ceremony at least should be held.

They're naming the new cardinals stadium plaza after him. Pat Tillman Freedom Plaza. They are also retiring his jersey and number and starting a scholarship fund in his name with his family. I was leaving for my second tour when Pat and his brother were a couple of cherrys at 2nd Batt. That's the 2nd 2/75 Ranger lost.

i think it is a good idea to put him in the hall of fame. I beleive he would of enjoyed that. Don't blow it all out of proportion.

Well I dont know. I mean he could of gone on to make lots of money but i just dont know. Why should his death be more 'important' or more glorifying than another comrade in the war? I mean, he answered the call to serve his country as many other people have done, some of those who died could of been great people also... we'll never know.. I really don't think he should get special treatment.. but he will always be honored by the American people

I agree, Pat Tilman was a soldier who unfortunately died in combat, and he should be honored just like any other soldier. He didn't enlist to hunt for glory and we shouldn't glorify his death. He doesn't need it, he already has it.

What the Cardnials are doing is a very positive and outward show of appreciation and respect. It is about time the NFL, with all of it's glory boy multimillion dollar players took a step back and looked at what is truly important. Let the Cardnials, his former teammates, honour him in the way they see fit. I see no valid reason to criticise their actions.

As far as the military is concerned, he WAS another soldier. I think he was more publicized because he left the NFL to BE a soldier. The NFL sould honor him in their fashion.

Look poque, pat tillman could have stayed in america with a great carrer, plenty of dough, and anything else his heart desired, and if he hadnt gone to iraq, nobody would have though any less of him if heda stayed home, but he chose to do something for his country, and even die if nessasary, he had no thought of glory or fame, and its just those kinds of people who deserve the highest honer.

I have to say do a special ceremony. I think what Ranger Tillman did was amazing, it takes a special man to give up a life in the NFL to do what he did, but, he was still a soldier. What about all of the other soldiers that have died in war? His sacrifice was the same as theirs except they didnt play in the NFL.

Pogue said:
Treat him like any other soldier that died in the war. He would not have wanted this fanfare. Hell, he even refused to release photos of him in a high and tight after the media caught wind that he was enlisting.

That is how I feel. :|

Sooners1 said:
I have to say do a special ceremony. I think what Ranger Tillman did was amazing, it takes a special man to give up a life in the NFL to do what he did, but, he was still a soldier. What about all of the other soldiers that have died in war? His sacrifice was the same as theirs except they didnt play in the NFL.

I agree.

good

i like the idea of naming a plaza after him i think it's great it would be like a memorial for him so everyone can remember what he stood for and what kind of man he was i think every soilder should get a little special treatment theres butts are online everyday so.......have fun Pat Tillman you will be miss by all,but i'm sure in a better place now with no wars or fighting......Hoorah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back