Special Ceremony 6 35.29%
Make him a member in the Hall of Fame 3 17.65%
Stadium Named After him 8 47.06%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

April 30th, 2004  
USMC Johnny

Topic: How should they honor Pat Tillman??

How should the NFL honor former Arizona Cardinal player Pat Tillman??
April 30th, 2004  
USMC Johnny

I think they should do something beyond special for that man.

He was a real man and a real hero.

PAT TILLMAN was what I strive to be, and hope that I can live up to when I have kids.

Thank You Pat, Thank You
April 30th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
How should the NFL honor former Arizona Cardinal player Pat Tillman??
The Cardnials have already taken steps to honor Ranger Tillman. They said they will retire Tillman's number and name a plaza surrounding their new stadium the "Pat Tillman Freedom Plaza."
--
Boots
May 1st, 2004  
Pogue

Treat him like any other soldier that died in the war. He would not have wanted this fanfare. Hell, he even refused to release photos of him in a high and tight after the media caught wind that he was enlisting.
May 2nd, 2004  
silent driller

I heard an interesting idea. Paint the 40 yard lines of every NFL field red white and blue in his honor. I like it.
May 2nd, 2004  
FutureRANGER

I tend to agree with Pogue. Judging by his actions I don't think he would have wanted all the attention.

But still something has to be done. A special memorial ceremony at least should be held.
May 6th, 2004  
maddmike275

They're naming the new cardinals stadium plaza after him. Pat Tillman Freedom Plaza. They are also retiring his jersey and number and starting a scholarship fund in his name with his family. I was leaving for my second tour when Pat and his brother were a couple of cherrys at 2nd Batt. That's the 2nd 2/75 Ranger lost.
May 6th, 2004  
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S

i think it is a good idea to put him in the hall of fame. I beleive he would of enjoyed that. Don't blow it all out of proportion.
May 6th, 2004  
Marksman

I may be from serbia butt we watch NFL a lot!!!
May 7th, 2004  
IrishWizard

Well I dont know. I mean he could of gone on to make lots of money but i just dont know. Why should his death be more 'important' or more glorifying than another comrade in the war? I mean, he answered the call to serve his country as many other people have done, some of those who died could of been great people also... we'll never know.. I really don't think he should get special treatment.. but he will always be honored by the American people