How do you see the Philippines as an ally?

--

October 20th, 2004  
Brotchador

Topic: How do you see the Philippines as an ally?

How do you as a person see the Philippines as an ally in the fight against terrorism? please be candid and let this be a no holds barred subject.
October 20th, 2004  
Mark Conley

gee..well for honesty:

I see the philippines as very crucial..because when the current areas of muslim influence shrink smaller in the form of shelter for the true terrorists..the outer lying, not as well reconised areas of muslim influence may be looked at as a sanctuary.

The philippines not only offers a potential sympathetic ideology population area..its also offers a virtually chaotic pristine jungle environment to hide in. and lots of still uninhabited area...now i don't know about anyone else...but should this happen..i would want the philippines to be on the side not affiliated with the terrorists...

So its very very important.
October 20th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

I'm a little surprised more hasn't been said about phili, I would think conflict will be inevitable. Not with the gov. itself, just Islamic extremist factions.
--
October 20th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Its kinda like the thread about Iceland, the Phillipines are a crucial ally in the Pacific. They are perfectly situated for an allied central base of opperations in any future Pacific war. From there, you can respond to threats in the smaller island nations to the east and southeast. You can move to support Australia if they're in trouble and still be well positioned to help Japan, South Korea or Taiwan if they need help. You have good access to the mainland if you need it. You can get to Malasia, Singapore, Indonesia and all of Indochina if there is a need. So yeah, the Phillipines are a VERY important ally.
October 20th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Important.

I guess muslim is not a big population in Philipines.
Majority is Christians I believe.

And many Philipino's have Chinese ancestors I read, even your lady president too.

Very important for China too.
October 20th, 2004  
Big_Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog

And many Philipino's have Chinese ancestors I read, even your lady president too.

What does that have to do with anything?
October 20th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog

What does that have to do with anything?
That means if China needs to take the Philippines, the leaders can rest easily knowing their populous is already educated on an excuse.
October 20th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

When did this turn into a "China will soon invade the Phillipines" thread???
October 20th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Sorry! Anyways, Philipines, they don't really like the US, do they?
October 21st, 2004  
A Can of Man

They're allied because of a common foe.
Allied doesn't mean "goold ol' buddy ol' pal."