How to put on ribbons correctly?

Do you have ribbon bars? If so all you have to do is get the ribbon and slide it on to the ribbon bar and that's it.

Are they the small ribbon bar? Because my dad's grand father was in the air force and he had thoes small ribbon bars to put his ribbons on.

Or you could read the uniform regs for instructions...or ask your CO. But we don't know what exactly is wrong. I suggest getting some decent ribbon bars, to start.

Does it keep sliding off? If it does I find widening the ribbon holder with a pair of needlenose pliers just a little bit does the trick.

I usually slide the ribbon on and then close it over the top(the side with the prongs). Bend the edges of the ribbon down over it and it doesnt fall of anymore.

Righto, the above always works for me. And be carefull with your book bag...I've lost several ribbons because the strap keeps pulling them off. I usually hit up the supply officer and grab some new ones real fast though... gotta be carefull...never know when you'll be threatened with a .50 cal...or when my LTC will come at me with his famed toothpick.

Last edited:
Back