How Old were you when you joined? - Page 2

--

June 20th, 2004  
Silent_Grunt_jb

17 when I joined the AF and 21 when I joined the army.
June 21st, 2004  
Lil Hulk 1988

Topic: Your not too old....

I went in at 18, but 23 is not too old. After boot, you can usually convince them to give you the jump glasses over the BCG's, not much better. The best thing to do is to get some sport glasses after boot. You will never be able to keep contacts clean in the field.
July 9th, 2004  
sgtbreeden

Honestly I have noticed that is the age group where people seem to be more physically fit. I joined when I was 19 and there was one guy in there that was 32. he had no problem. My advice is just don't be stupid.
--
July 9th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

I went to MEPS to ship out on my 18th B-Day. At 23 you should not encounter many problems. Remember not to buy any underage soldiers alcohol while you are still in training. That could come back and bite you in your 6.
July 15th, 2004  
strictly420

I WAS 18 YEARS OLD AND WENT TO MARINE CORPS BOOT CAMP 1 WEEK AFTER GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL
August 6th, 2004  
soldierzhonor

On my 18th B-day I was turning my head to cough. Tried joining sooner but pops said no and I needed his signature.
August 27th, 2004  
webs

Topic: maturity

you can handle things better when your older, you most likely know not to talk back or be a wise ass to the drill instructor when your older.
August 27th, 2004  
Lil Hulk 1988

Topic: Re: maturity

Quote:
Originally Posted by webs
you can handle things better when your older, you most likely know not to talk back or be a wise ass to the drill instructor when your older.
Don't count on that, one of my best friends from boot was 24 and was the biggest smart a** we had in the platoon. If he wasn't being trashed, we were because of him!!
August 27th, 2004  
webs

Topic: ha ha

i guess some guys can still be imature, my dad had a guy like that in his basic.
August 31st, 2004  
gladius

When I joined a long time ago at age 18 the cut-off age was 35, it still may be the same. We had guys in their 30's at basic with us, one guy was from Puerto Rico and could barley speak any english and it gave us a laugh most the time the DI would try to tell him something.