How Muslim Nations Vote in UN... - Page 3

--
How Muslim Nations Vote in UN...

May 4th, 2006  
bulldogg

I know, let's go back to the League of Nations... or was that the League of Superheros? Which one has the Halls of Justice? Wait, aren't the Halls of Justice in the Hague? And why is it called The Hague? We don't call our cities The Chicago or The Atlanta... wtf mate?

Alas, one world government is the only answer under a communist right wing authoritarian who eats spaghetti with chopsticks and drinks Perrier from a bottle with a straw.

Face it, humans aren't programmed to get along.
May 4th, 2006  
Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
I know, let's go back to the League of Nations... or was that the League of Superheros? Which one has the Halls of Justice? Wait, aren't the Halls of Justice in the Hague? And why is it called The Hague? We don't call our cities The Chicago or The Atlanta... wtf mate?

Alas, one world government is the only answer under a communist right wing authoritarian who eats spaghetti with chopsticks and drinks Perrier from a bottle with a straw.

Face it, humans aren't programmed to get along.
I think that is what I'll die fighting for!

Now on to more interesting subject of toponymes, the genesis of names in geography. The Hague is the somewhat translation of Den Haag... This translated badly from Germanic into Anglo-Saxon. In short; it means not a whole lot!
May 4th, 2006  
phoenix80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56X45mm
Get the US out of the UN and the UN out of the US.

It's that simple.
Ditto!

However, who cares what UN says? It is just a useless international organization that appeases despots, sucks people's money, is known for sex and financial scandals, its General secretary's son drive dady's Mercedes Benz which was bought with Iraqi oil money and this story goes on and on and on.

But lets not forget that it is due to US pressure that countries like Egypt, Iran, Saudi, Kuwait or Turkey open their societies up more and more every day.

Thank you USA
--
May 4th, 2006  
Ted

Quote:
However, who cares what UN says? It is just a useless international organization that appeases despots, sucks people's money, is known for sex and financial scandals, its General secretary's son drive dady's Mercedes Benz which was bought with Iraqi oil money and this story goes on and on and on.
Then the US must like the UN... only the US had a history of instating despots in countries and those appeased the US in return. Sucking money, sometimes but sex scandal..... Financial scandals aren't new either and DUI combined with drugs while driving daddy's car isn't entirerly new either!
Re-reading this, I am glad that that is the way it goes, 'cause what boriing place this would be otherwise.
May 4th, 2006  
mmarsh

Quote:
I'm not saying that the USA closes the doors. I'm just simply saying that the UN doesn't work anymore.

The monster has grown to powerful.

Something should replace it and take it's place. But this time, the rules and power of the new organization should be written so it doesn't become the piece of crap that it is now.
On the contrary the monster is totally inept, it has no power whatsoever.
Do you have any ideas how many countries wilfully ignore demands from the UN. Iran, isn't the first you know. The UN can't even decide to make necessary repairs and renovations to the building (which is in terrible condition) let alone forcing members to to obey its decrees?

How many times has the UN sat helplessly, refusing to act while Genocide was going on Rwanda, Sudan, Kosovo, Cambodia, etc. Its all wind and smoke but no fire.
May 4th, 2006  
Lupos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
On the contrary the monster is totally inept, it has no power whatsoever.
Do you have any ideas how many countries wilfully ignore demands from the UN. Iran, isn't the first you know. The UN can't even decide to make necessary repairs and renovations to the building (which is in terrible condition) let alone forcing members to to obey its decrees?

How many times has the UN sat helplessly, refusing to act while Genocide was going on Rwanda, Sudan, Kosovo, Cambodia, etc. Its all wind and smoke but no fire.
I think you hit the nail on the head MMarsh. The UN's worst problem beyond corruption is it's position as the worlds largest provider of Witnesses to mass genocide and horrible famine. It's a great figure head and it's a wonderful idea, but in the end it's just one more powerless beuracracy that refuses to reinforce any of it's statutes and proclamations.
Bottom line: It can certainly talk the talk but it will never walk the walk.
May 4th, 2006  
5.56X45mm

So as I say, can we shut down the UN and turn that area in NY City into low rent high rise buildings for the lower class. It's right on the water, and it will better the public than being a center for despts and criminals to hang around. That's what LA is for.
May 4th, 2006  
Italian Guy

Hehehe.
May 6th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Quote:
So as I say, can we shut down the UN and turn that area in NY City into low rent high rise buildings for the lower class. It's right on the water, and it will better the public than being a center for despts and criminals to hang around. That's what LA is for.
I SECOND THAT MOTION!
btw the Justice League had the Hall of Justice.lol
May 6th, 2006  
MightyMacbeth

Hey lets not forget the UN was created to make this earth a better place.. but.. I hope they are doing that..

Its weird though, I dont know about the other nations.. But Kuwait against the United States? 68%? that 68% of the government?? interesting