How many wounded untill Iraq is over?

Snauhi

Number Of Wounded In Iraq Tops 8,000
Associated Press
October 20, 2004

WASHINGTON - The number of U.S. troops wounded in Iraq since military operations began in March 2003 has topped the 8,000 mark, according to figures released by the Pentagon on Tuesday.

The total of 8,016 is more than double what it was six months ago when the insurgency suddenly accelerated. On April 5 the number wounded in action stood at 2,988; by April 26 it had grown to 3,864.

The U.S. military death toll almost doubled in that same period, standing at 1,102 as of Tuesday, by the Pentagon's count. On April 2 it stood at 598.

The wounded toll has grown by several hundred a month since April. It surpassed the 5,000 mark in early June and crossed the 7,000 mark in early September.

Zarqawi is still active, insurgents are still attacking anyone who isnt in their cell. These psychos are attacking fellow Iraqis and blaming it on the US saying they were collaborators, yet the people they attack are policemen, civilian contractors, national guardsmen, and flat out civilians. Causing fear by blatantly attacking civilians and non combatants IS terrorism. Are you saying if we left then peace would just fill Iraq all at once? I dont think so. What hits the news is insurgent hot spots, not the calmer areas of Iraq. There are areas that the people are all about getting back to normal with their new found freedom.

For them the purpose of attacking the civilians who cooperate with Americans is to teriffy them sothat they will make distance with Americans.

soldierzhonor said:
Zarqawi is still active, insurgents are still attacking anyone who isnt in their cell. These psychos are attacking fellow Iraqis and blaming it on the US saying they were collaborators, yet the people they attack are policemen, civilian contractors, national guardsmen, and flat out civilians. Causing fear by blatantly attacking civilians and non combatants IS terrorism. Are you saying if we left then peace would just fill Iraq all at once? I dont think so. What hits the news is insurgent hot spots, not the calmer areas of Iraq. There are areas that the people are all about getting back to normal with their new found freedom.

But now a policeman have much more chance to die now then under the Saddam time.. Iraq is much very unsafe , dint you here that some 3 days ago a M2A2 got destroyed?

What's so big about a bradley getting knocked out?

Anyways, is this thread asking for a prediction on wounded at the end? Because nobody can accurately guess.

We aren't basing this war on a casualties count. You can't expect the US to pull out as soon as we hit X number of KIA or wounded. But I can see the US pulling out as soon as they insert another dictator as leader of the country just to keep everyone in line. As long as he's on the side of the US I doubt they will care if he kills millions trying to "keep the peace."

I wonder, what is currently being done to seal the borders so the Muslim extremists at least have SOME difficulty sending their people in??

How can you tell what a muslim extremist looks like? They probably cant do anything as the extremists are likely to be getting there weapons from looted iraqi army stores, so until there in iraq they just look like any other person passing over the border.

godofthunder9010 said:
I wonder, what is currently being done to seal the borders so the Muslim extremists at least have SOME difficulty sending their people in??

we're having problems patrolling our own borders and we're supposed to be sealing borders to neighboring countries of iraq? at most we have random patrols and UAVs watching it. but other than a couple of random road blocks they're probably pretty porus.

outrage

This is an outrage. We need to get our boys outta there. Its getting more dangerous and hostile as the days pass. It is no a kill box. Everyone in it fights for there lives and the lives of there allies. Killing is the only known term out there. WE need them home. They nedd rest.

We need to pull them out for more than just the reason they need rest. It's a blackhole for resources. If our goal was to get oil, we aren't even getting that. I think with Bush we have a high likelyhood of pulling out simply because he doesn't have another term to campaign for and doesn't need to keep any promises. If he wanted to just yank the troops out, then he could.

Ok, I know everyone has their opinon, and I probably shouldn't even voice mine, but I'm going to anyway, because I think it needs to be said. Oh and it's techincally not my opinon since I've based it soley on what I'm hearing from the guys over there (Iraq). I will tell you that I talk to mostly Army men, of varying MOS's so I can't speak for the USMC, NAVY or AF. The guys in the Army, would be absoulty pissed as he!! if the president pulled them out of Iraq right now. We've had this discission many times over the past few months, and their answer's never change. I talk to guys that have been over there for 18 months, and some that have infants they've never seen, they are so ready to come home they can taste it. However when asked if we should pull out, they usually respond with something like "F**K NO!!", or "He!! NO!!!!" You see all of the guys over there, and those here at home who are close to them, can see that if we pull out right now, it will all be for nothing. We will have spent billions of dollars, and given countless lives for what, a holy war!!!!! If we pulled out right now, there is no way the ING and IP would be able to handle AIF own their own, and the Sunni's and Shittes would start lobbing RPG's, and mortars at each other, and completely wipe each other out. For every decent American it's easy to see that we have to finish what we started, the troops have really come to have a soft spot for the Iraqis especially the children. Would they ever let it keep them from doing their job? The answer is NO! But do they want to see a holy war wipe out the innocent women and children over there, because they had removed the sole source of power and stabily and went home when things got tough? No, they couldn't stand that. We need to continue assisting the Iraqi's with training and weapons, and security, so that they can get through the elections and have a shot to make this work. We also need to stay for a while after the elections, to help ensure the power of the new goverment, and to continue repairing the civilian resources over there. The moral of the story is we have to finish what we started, and hopefully learn from it too. Yes it's going to be a long, hard road, but that just means that those of us still at home need to be doing everything we can to support our troops, their families, and our leaders. I mean come'on everyone out there can say a prayer (to whoever you believe in) or write a thank-you letter to a service member. Even helping out with your local vetran assistance progarms would help. When I come across post like those I just read, with mis-informed people, it scares the He!! out of me and my Army buddies, because we instantly think "Oh God, don't let this be another 'Nam". Whether it was right or wrong for Americans to be in Iraq isn't for us to decide, and whether or not our guys come home isn't for us to decided either. That is for our goverment to decide, and I believe they are doing their best for us. Let's not lose sight of the goal, and what really matters; the heroes over there fighting for our saftey and the freedoms of the Iraqi people and their children.

Back