How many threads have you subscribed to?

None, Żaden, Никакие, Kein, Ninguno, Κανένας Niets, Aucun, Ingen, Nessuno, Nenhum, Bez, Žádný, Ei mitään, कोई नहीं, Никто, không, Tak satu pun, Wala, Ddim, hiçbiri, nullus, de modo algum, not once, never.

Last edited:
Naaah, I just dragged out my old Systran translation software that the company bought when I was working with a Chinese crew.

Last edited:
I was gonna say....I only speak 7 fluently and can BS my way through 3 others....totally jealous. Then you went and ruined it. ;) No matter how you accomplished it, that was an impressive post, seno. :)

But really.....I'm on here almost every day, usually several times. Why subscribe to anything?

As a kid I could understand a little Dutch and German, as a teenager I became quite proficient at day to day Japanese in the home, later I learnt a little "Bar girl" Indonesian.

In my travels around the world I learnt the basics (Hello, Thank you, Good morning, How are you, etc., plus that necessary for my job) of another half dozen languages working on ships of various nationalities.

Of all of them I liked Japanese, Italian and German the best, and in that order. in 1966 there were very few Gaijin who would speak Japanese, and my attempts were always very well received and got me great kudos with the locals.

I would love to live in a country long enough to become really proficient at at least one other language.

Last edited:
TOG, haven't you learned yet that EVERY topic veers a little off course from time to time? No worries. We'll be back on topic by the next post. :)

Back