How many?

Come on fellas, keep up now - there is a recent article (granted, it is negative press) but it mentions one female general.

We have a handfull of them - one is a "three-star."

i think you'll find that the female "general" in the press was only a reserve brigadier-general. So none.

Ben said:
i think you'll find that the female "general" in the press was only a reserve brigadier-general. So none.

Ben, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Redneck said:
Ben said:

Ben, you have no idea what you are talking about.

If, as i assume we are referring to the female "general" that had command over the gaol where iraqi detainees were supposedly abused, i can confirm that when she appeared on the news she was introduced as an "army reserve birgadier-general" (that's a step down from a normal general). If you guys are talking about somehting else then i apologise, but it wasnt really made clear and i dont watch US news.

Actually, a Lieutenant General is the next step below full General, then Major General, THEN Brigadier General. However, all four ranks are referred to as "General," much like Lieutenant Colonels are called "Colonel" in conversation, and 2nd Lieutenants are called Lieutenant.

Ben said:

Is that so? :lol: I suppose we should go and tell the other handful they don't really exist.

If, as i assume we are referring to the female "general" that had command over the gaol where iraqi detainees were supposedly abused, i can confirm that when she appeared on the news she was introduced as an "army reserve birgadier-general" (that's a step down from a normal general). If you guys are talking about somehting else then i apologise, but it wasnt really made clear and i dont watch US news.

Ben, again, you seem to want to speak as an authority on something you know absolutely nothing about. "Step down from a normal general?" :lol:

well i knew of at least three in the Air Force..and one of them was truly fantastic:

1. She is Afro American.

2. Shes in the Line as a Aircraft Line Maintenance Officer. (Very few knuckle buster officers obtain this rank. That career field doesnt have that many women maintence officers to begin with. And her maintenance experience is combat aircraft!)

3. And in my opinion, shes the most elegant, refined lady i ever had the pleasure to talk to. MAJOR GENERAL MARCELITE J. HARRIS

http://www.af.mil/bios/bio.asp?bioID=5723

This was interesting..although maybe a little dated, it does have figures and facts for females in all services. maybee a good reference tool?

http://www.gendercenter.org/military.htm

lets settle some bar bets... :D

Back