How many countries has your country never invaded?

Actually, Australia and New Zealand are maybe the only countries that do not have regional accents, we all sound the same no matter what state or region we come from.

The USA has 50, the UK has new one in every village, and Canada is just a copy of the USA.

OC
Sadly not true.
There is a variation from North to South here, Aucklanders are easily distinguishable from those who live in Bluff just through speech, the further South you go the more they roll their "R"'s and the further north you go the shorter the "R" becomes so in Bluff Car sounds like carrr and in Auckland car becomes caa.

There is also a clear difference between someone from Brisbane and Melbourne, Queensland speak tends to be a harsher in tone and pronunciation than Victoria so while you do have the same "twang" you still say the same things differently.

America for me is the odd one, in the southern states I can understand the men but the women speak an incomprehensible jibberish and in the north, the men just sound like a low grumble and the women are perfectly understandable.

There is a little difference between American English and Canadian English, The Canadians have a tendency to pronounce the word about so it sounds like aboot. I would say the American English even if they are from Wisconsin or Minnesota sound a little "thicker" than the Canadians do. There is always the common "eh" after every sentence said by a Canadian. But it is difficult for Europeans (and others) to hear the difference between Americans and Canadians.

We have found that the most effective method of pacifying these types of nation is to buy up their breweries, once you control the beer you can achieve anything.

Something Goering never understood or he would have dropped kegs of beer instead of bombs on London and we would all be driving Audis today.
:)

We drink German beer and drive German cars now....:p

Yes and we drive Japanese cars, ironic isnt it.

And there are Sushi places all over the world, is that a part of their master plan for world domination?

The German cuisine hasn't conquered the world yet, unless we include the Austrian dish, Wiener Schnitzel.

And there are Sushi places all over the world, is that a part of their master plan for world domination?

The German cuisine hasn't conquered the world yet, unless we include the Austrian dish, Wiener Schnitzel.

I am not sure boiled sausages, potato and cabbage will ever be considered cuisine anywhere but Germany and Ireland.
:smile:

Having it fed to you daily, however, may make you angry enough to want to take on the world.

I am not sure boiled sausages, potato and cabbage will ever be considered cuisine anywhere but Germany and Ireland.
:smile:

Having it fed to you daily, however, may make you angry enough to want to take on the world.

When I was tasked with a convoy of 6 trucks in Germany I'd pull the trucks over if I found a roadside stall for Bratwurst mitt Pommes. Stunning.

When I was tasked with a convoy of 6 trucks in Germany I'd pull the trucks over if I found a roadside stall for Bratwurst mitt Pommes. Stunning.

Hmm, the only thing I recall was "currywurst" while in Berlin and it rated as the most unappealing thing I have ever eaten.

So we can expect the Irish to try to get the world domination? Or are they too drunk to do anything like that?

That statement reminded me of this:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cvv237khg8[/ame]

I was stationed on the DMZ in Korea, winter of 1971. Stayed in a ROK Army Quonset hut with no heat. Couldn't leave the base, as everything was "off limits" We ate WW2 frozen C Rations! I will put frozen turkey loaf or frozen eggs and ham up against "curry wurst"!

I was stationed on the DMZ in Korea, winter of 1971. Stayed in a ROK Army Quonset hut with no heat. Couldn't leave the base, as everything was "off limits" We ate WW2 frozen C Rations! I will put frozen turkey loaf or frozen eggs and ham up against "curry wurst"!

I hated C-Rations, especially eggs and hams. The bloody contents of the can were a solid chunky greenish substance. How do you figure green: eggs being white-yellow and well I don't relies the thought of green ham. However I did like the chocolate and tin of fruit.

I hated C-Rations, especially eggs and hams. The bloody contents of the can were a solid chunky greenish substance. How do you figure green: eggs being white-yellow and well I don't relies the thought of green ham. However I did like the chocolate and tin of fruit.

Clearly the makers were Dr Suess fans.

Back